Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pulpp
01.18.2012 , 06:53 PM | #2791
Levelled a sniper to 16, took off to Illum and made level 10 valor in the 10 minutes I was there, spamming leg shot from the zerg crowd. Shame I have an appointment.

Funny stuff Bioware, lol.

MajorStex
01.18.2012 , 06:53 PM | #2792
I don't mind that Bioware made a mistake, we all make mistakes....the true test is how they respond over the next few days.

My fingers are crossed, I love this universe and really want it to do well.

Reruro
01.18.2012 , 06:53 PM | #2793
Quote: Originally Posted by Roshe View Post
I think BW should just bite the bullet and award all Republic players the same amount of valor points the Imperials farmed today.
I disagree, this still fundamentally hurts the game. Just do a rollback, people who farmed will suck it up knowing they shouldn't have anyways.

TheReij
01.18.2012 , 06:53 PM | #2794
I really need to know if there is going to be a rollback. I don't want to play my character and make gains only to find out that all those gains will be wiped out.

Mesdoram
01.18.2012 , 06:53 PM | #2795
Roll back or my guild and I will be unsubbing. Do the right thing, Bioware, we like your game.

Elhana
01.18.2012 , 06:54 PM | #2796
They could just remove cannons and set god mode (or heavy healing aura) for republic in their own base - at least will give an opportunity to gather and fight back and stop valor farming.

Torcer
01.18.2012 , 06:54 PM | #2797
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/2143/lolfvn.jpg

This picture NEEDS MORE PURPLE!

I suggest they give FORCE LIGHTNING TO ALL EMPIRE CLASSES
When I look at that picture I think, "There might be a potential problem" there, but I can't quite put my finger on it. We don't want to rush to judgement, what if there really isn't a problem?

biowareftw
01.18.2012 , 06:54 PM | #2798
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
I have been at work all day, so no. I haven't even seen any of this, but if you are too impared to type /quit instead of being farmed, thats on you. if its broke don't sit there feeding it, basic common sense.

Crying about how stuck you are when you can leave the game at any time is beyond obtuse.
You forgot one thing buddy...

The people who already are rank 60 plus on empire ressing on republic alts so other people can get rank 60.

In a stream over several hours (and saw the same thing on my realm) I watched the same people res over and over again. Add this to people who have no idea how to get out and have to come to a forum to find out how to do it (queue for a warzone).

Broken is broken. This crap needs a revert. All this did was screw over an entire faction on gear progression, screw pve progression (raiders didn't have as much time to run warzones), and screw over people who spent a ton of time getting the ranking the right way.

PvP isn't pvp when it is as 5 fps. The only way to fix this is to instance Ilum and make it give a REALLY good amount of valor (Just like Baradin Hold). When Imperials can't even get in the warzone (due to overpopulation) and aren't rewarded for joining a zerged faction? Maybe they will reroll...

You shouldn't have a huge advantage in a game at the faction selection screen...

You know what is sad? I have defended this game from the get go. I LOVE this game. The fact you could make me even think about cancelling my account and go from loving to hating this game in one day?

That means heads should roll.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Exponentially
01.18.2012 , 06:54 PM | #2799
Quote: Originally Posted by skiaforos View Post
They showed a disturbing lack of foresight in allowing these changes to go live. They may be in over their heads in trying to balance a game system as large and complex as an MMO. Their total lack of communication over the course of the day is also really troubling. This is a bad day for all of us.
It is a sad day to be sure, but I attribute the lack of communication to the necessity for the response to be vetted and checked by the departments necessary before it is posted. They obviously know something is up, and the fact that it's taking this long means that they are discussing something...Like I said, I expect a free play time announcement until March and a fix for this issue very soon.

Starbuckx
01.18.2012 , 06:54 PM | #2800
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Gotta turn off name plates
Nothing works...even tried 800 x 600 + everything else. I have similar system to the poster.

This game cannot handle Open RvR, don't try until you got something that has.

And for gods sake actually bother to test that it works propertly before you release it.

This game feels like a beta.

The game has potential.