Is it a legitimate complaint? Gear matters too much in PVP.

Tricky-Ha

Gear matters too much in PVP now more than even since customization has become a very real factor here now that patch 1.2 has finally rolled out. Expertise is overpowered.

I've finally got all this amazing low level gear that I've been dying to wear again on my level 50 Bounty Hunter & the color match thingy is working wonderfully on the body armor parts, do you guys know what I mean? All of you that complained in some thread somewhere about how ugly your lvl 50 PVP gear looked, now we're all locked into wearing all of our class armor sets just to get our set bonuses for expertise & battlemaster/champion stats.

Can we do something about this? Maybe go the way of FunCom & the Secret World Online, like to find a way to divorce stats from gear somehow?

Edited by Tricky-Ha

It sent chills up my back a couple years ago at the London Winter Conference when I found out Gabe was going to be our PvP guy, old Mythic War Dev & even then he was quoted as saying TOR was going to have something like WoW's resilience called whatever it is called here in TOR.

It sent chills up my back a couple years ago at the London Winter Conference when I found out Gabe was going to be our PvP guy, old Mythic War Dev & even then he was quoted as saying TOR was going to have something like WoW's resilience called whatever it is called here in TOR.

I think resilience and such is just a band-aid. The problem is that no one seems to be able to get past the thinking that there needs to be a gear gap, when there doesn't need to be one.

No there doesn't when the game world can apply rules where *over here* in this part of the open world players are allowed to fight each other & then *0ver here* in this other part of that same open world players are prevented from fighting each other. I don't know MMO programming like a pro, but I do not it's not as complicated as the so-called pro's are trying to convince me that it is.

No there doesn't when the game world can apply rules where *over here* in this part of the open world players are allowed to fight each other & then *0ver here* in this other part of that same open world players are prevented from fighting each other. I don't know MMO programming like a pro, but I do not it's not as complicated as the so-called pro's are trying to convince me that it is.

The solution is pretty simple. Just apply a bolster buff that equalizes stats when in a warzone. Problem solved!

With a mix of champion and battlemaster I really stand no chance now on my commando against any melee class that is full battlemaster or allready some warhero.

Before 1.2 I had a chance to survive in champ gear against full battlemaster if played well but now I'm down in 3 hits or so, say 2 or 3 secs. max

With a mix of champion and battlemaster I really stand no chance now on my commando against any melee class that is full battlemaster or allready some warhero.

Before 1.2 I had a chance to survive in champ gear against full battlemaster if played well but now I'm down in 3 hits or so, say 2 or 3 secs. max

No class in the game can do 17k dmg in 2 GCD.

simple solution, remove all pvp gear. Spawn a recruit set for everyone when they enter.

Playing field is now level. SKILL reigns supreme. Teamwork wins matches.

Rewards become better statistical information about your PVP contribution available to the public. KB, Kills, Healing, objectives etc.

So simple.

game on BW

No class in the game can do 17k dmg in 2 GCD.

Apparently marauders can, ok i might be a sec off so maybe 4 but I really don't stand a chance now where before I could do a knockback when not immune, and then kite and even win a 1v1.

In the 40' ish WZs I played now against the usual opponents I see, I'm dead before I know it, they even go a lot more often straight for me now than before so they know very well themselves.

Edited by Holskabard

Every MMO has those who only play to get better gear so they have an advantage over their opponents. Without a gear incentive, how many of you would keep playing this game? What else is there to do? PVP just for fun!? That is usually the best kind of PVP, but would you pay $15/month to PVP? BioWare really had no idea how popular PVP in this game would become...

The solution is pretty simple. Just apply a bolster buff that equalizes stats when in a warzone. Problem solved!

How about we let the player base customize their stats however they want(with available mods and such), completely get rid of expertise and we will find out who the people are that work with the game mechanics better. This would make crafting professions ACTUALLY VIABLE instead of only being there for pretty much vanity. Other than Biochem, I don't really see any need for the other crafting specs other than different looks on gear/crystals since you can get euqal/better gear from pve/pvp.

Every MMO has those who only play to get better gear so they have an advantage over their opponents. Without a gear incentive, how many of you would keep playing this game? What else is there to do? PVP just for fun!? That is usually the best kind of PVP, but would you pay $15/month to PVP? BioWare really had no idea how popular PVP in this game would become...

Playing to get more gear than someone else to beat them at pvp is a bit childish...I wouldn't really mind losing those people, they ruin the game for others that think skill should come into the equation a little more.

Gear mattering at all in PvP is mattering too much.

There should be no pvp gear at all.

Expertise is a retarded idea. All is does is created a gap between player. If hard cores are so good they shouldn't get a handicap, thu should fight with skill.

Don't insult other people by saying without a carrot on a stick we'd go brain dead. There's thousands of LoL players and there's no gear there, it's all equal at start and SKILL wins. Some people just LIKE to PvP. Unfortunately there's a bunch of short sighted people that would rather GvG (Gear vs Gear) I for one would rather have all gear REMOVED from the game and have it only be cosmetic, and have your stats be allocated based off your level, your spec and a few talent tree like decisions you make. Thus truly making this a PvP and not a GvG.

MMORPG PvP is a freakin Joke, and it stopped being funny in WoW.

L2P and stop exaggerating?

You guys are missing the point. The biggest downturn with balance to the game is shortened TTK.

I don't believe a experise-less game will be as enjoyable as working towards a set of gear. Once everyone has full War Hero, it will come down to skill, but you have to work for it. Take your lumps and hope for the future. WE all had to do it, why should anyone be any better.

If one thing BioWare did right, it was the entrance into PvP with recruit and less cost on BM gear. They just need to work on the TTK, and the game will be much more playable.

If anything to appease everyone, maybe a setting for expertiseless for no reward may work, since you shouldn't need any rewards to PvP (the theory behind an expertise-less game). But i'm not sure how many people will play such a game-type with no incentives.

pvp should be skill>gear but just like any other themepark mmo to keep a subscriber base they need to implement progression i.e. farming your butt off to gear up so you can level the playing field...it's even worse now with augments, if you don't have a ton of credits at your disposal you are gimping yourself.

The gear gap has become too large due to the change in expertise formula. If they had left it at 12% maximum, and 14% for the new WH gear, the will be a lot less posts on the subject.

The recruit gear is simply awful in every way. It's lacking in stats (<13k hp and < 1000 primary), lack of set bonus, inability to modify the mod and enhancement, and it's really, really ugly. Bioware should have retained the Champion gear, but allow people to buy new mod/enhancements with expertise with warzone comms, The Valor 60 requirement for BM should also be retained. There is currently a huge disconnect between what the developer wants compared to what most players wants for warzone. Players should not have to wear full BM before they can enjoy PvP.

Give me a break. I just hit my third 50 tonight(ptech), "fresh 50", as they call it. I saved 2k wz comms, so I got two pieces of battlemaster gear, and every other slot is recruit. My expertise is 943 and came in second, first, and second place in the three lvl50 warzones I did for total damage... averaging 10-12 medals a round. I was able to 1v1 virtually everyone or at the very least give them one heck of a fight. Fresh 50's never had it so easy. My first two toons took time to gear. Now you're instantly competitive at fresh 50 like never before.

The gear gap isn't even that bad. I hit 50 with my Vanguard recently bought all Recruit gear, and I did just fine in wz. Always close to the top of the leaderboard, plus getting BM is fast. If it's that bad for you, suck it up for a week and you'll have a full set. Edited by HeavensTerror

Give me a break. I just hit my third 50 tonight(ptech), "fresh 50", as they call it. I saved 2k wz comms, so I got two pieces of battlemaster gear, and every other slot is recruit. My expertise is 943 and came in second, first, and second place in the three lvl50 warzones I did for total damage... averaging 10-12 medals a round. I was able to 1v1 virtually everyone or at the very least give them one heck of a fight. Fresh 50's never had it so easy. My first two toons took time to gear. Now you're instantly competitive at fresh 50 like never before.

Ahahaha, I love it. If only I could up posts.

Your fresh 50 already has more expertise than my old 50 with a full set of champion gear....sigh, I really need to gear up soon I'm back where I started right at the bottom of the food chain.

There should be no pvp gear at all.

Expertise is a retarded idea. All is does is created a gap between player. If hard cores are so good they shouldn't get a handicap, thu should fight with skill.

And makes sure you dont get your brain ripped apart by a hardcore raider in BIS gear.

Why people fail to realize this eludes me.

And yes everyone in equal gear is a good idea.