350 BH Comms Implant

miglor

OK

I wasn't one making assumptions, I just repeated exactly what they said.

You focus on the second part i focus on the first part: "The side effect of PTS is that occasionally items that are not intended for live made it up there and unfortunately that specific item was the case of that".

If they are aware that one item has not to reach live it must not reach live.

Noone forced them to answer that question, they have choosen it, telling people "i know it has mistakes", and deliver it anyway is simply detrimental for them. They never changed an item statistics on live simply because it would case alot of complains, and it would be not fair, they lowered same prices on live, yes, but i really don't think that they need to be live to reduce a price, a number (or i have to think that the game mechanic engine.is really badly designed). They could also remove them from the vendor for 1-2 weeks until deciding how to preoceed but they didn't do that either.

To summarize: telling people that there is a bug in PTS and go live with the bug still there is simply self-damaging behavior. Do not talk about it or correct it in any way.

Edited by Savro

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They never changed an item statistics on live simply because it would case alot of complains, and it would be not fair

Wrong, they did change pretty much whole BM gear. It did cause lot of complaining, but not from people that got their gear changed.

To summarize: telling people that there is a bug in PTS and go live with the bug still there is simply self-damaging behavior. Do not talk about it or correct it in any way.

Same as telling people that patch will be relesed in september, then delaying it. This week we got nothing about weekly maintenance until they decided to drop patch few hours later, because it was hard choice between delayed patch or bugged patch. Either way QQ incoming, but at least most bugs are not so bad.

Same as telling people that patch will be relesed in september, then delaying it. This week we got nothing about weekly maintenance until they decided to drop patch few hours later, because it was hard choice between delayed patch or bugged patch. Either way QQ incoming, but at least most bugs are not so bad.

ok, then fast solution: remove implant from vendor... do something, show community that you hear their feedback. On PTS forum there was a thread about shadows anbd fps dropping and after the patch they seems to discover that the patch caused an fps drop?!?

In the last 24 hours i submitted 8 tickets reguarding 8 different new bugs, just to discover that 4/8 were already posted in the PTS forum, and i haven't yet done an operation, neither a fp, neither a wz, i'm still crafting and using gtn on my ship. i try to search "advanced reflex augment 22" on GTN and it gives me 240 pages of results with all sort of items in there. I am very aware that any patch causes bugs, i'm ok with that, but you have already a problematic feedback from PTS, ok choose to implement what is ok or suffering only minor issues, delay the other things one or 2 week. I don't force EA/BW to deploy the next patch in 6 months, they promised it (and it became their problem). I didn't asked for a new stat search field on gtn, they offered it, perfect, or at least it is perfect as long this modification doesn't mess the most used search parameter: the name field. It is impossible for me to think that noone at BW noticed , before deployment, that searching anything by name on the GTN was (and still is) impossible, they were working on GTN issue today, have they tried to search anything? have they tested it?

I like this game, but BW has to listen community far better than this.

Edited by Savro

Money post and spot on. Bugs and errors happen, but they should own up to them. If these were purposeful changes then they should also admit that. Like "yes we think end game crafted gear is too cheap relative to the time taken to farm BH comms so we are decreasing the yield on rich missions to help elevate the price."

transparency goes a long long way

I really think they have some kind of problem with versions management, the customer view is they have some chaos, after every patch we see things that as for patch notes were not touched in any way but they are totally screwed (check this post).

Maybe the coms cost and stats on implants, got the same issue, some one "fixed" them but for any reason the fix didnt hit live servers.

Any way, errors, bugs, mistakes, .... those happen, no prob with that, but the lack of fast communication and explanations is what gives us the image of chaos

Dear Joveth, Allison, ... here is where all those promises of improved communication we had some weeks ago should start to shine, there are lots of threads with bugs/errors/issues that 1.4 has brought us, please "get that bull by its horns", compile those "problems" and start explaining whats going on.

There is a lot of confusion about this as it relates to the livestream.

When George answers the question he says "that specific item." Please note it wasn't plural, but singular. This really adds to the confusion because we don't know what he's talking about. I do think he mispoke and when he brings up "that specific item" I believe he is referring to the daily comm relics OR the black hole implants. When 1.4 was pushed to live, the 400 daily comm relics were removed, while the BH implants remained.

BW did not "lie." The answer was very ambiguous because we didn't know exactly what he referred to. In light of the update, it's clear they meant the relics and NOT the implants.

The sad part is that it is now too late to change them easily. People will have purchased one (or both) by now, so if they just reduce the cost, they will also have to refund BH comms to anyone who bought them at the insane price. Removing them from the vendor is pretty much impossible unless they want to have people running around with gear that no one else can now get, or delete them from people's gear...but what if those players already sold their old implants? Remember the MK-2 and MK-3 implants were not available from the BH vendor, so they can't just issue refunds.

I suppose they could bump stats, but to be worth 350 BH comms (which is enough to buy 3/4 of the rest of the 1.3 BH armor set!) it would seem to need a huge, game breaking, bump.

The sad part is that it is now too late to change them easily. People will have purchased one (or both) by now, so if they just reduce the cost, they will also have to refund BH comms to anyone who bought them at the insane price. Removing them from the vendor is pretty much impossible unless they want to have people running around with gear that no one else can now get, or delete them from people's gear...but what if those players already sold their old implants? Remember the MK-2 and MK-3 implants were not available from the BH vendor, so they can't just issue refunds.

I suppose they could bump stats, but to be worth 350 BH comms (which is enough to buy 3/4 of the rest of the 1.3 BH armor set!) it would seem to need a huge, game breaking, bump.

That's not even true. A simple cost change would be quick and easy change. Since they are so cost prohibitive at the moment a simple query to see who bought them could be written. It's been done in other mmos. It's def not too late.

That's not even true. A simple cost change would be quick and easy change. Since they are so cost prohibitive at the moment a simple query to see who bought them could be written. It's been done in other mmos. It's def not too late.

But our experience with this game is that many things that seem simple and have "been done in other MMOs" are nigh impossible. It is easy for us to say something like "copying a character to the PTS should be a simple query/insert operation", but BW admits they lack the technology to do that.

BTW, I am not suggesting that nobody at BW knows how to work a database. Just that community judgements of what is easy/simple/quick do not always mean they are easy/simple/quick for BW.

Actually, MULTIPLE Threads on PTS about this.

Crazy... 10X increase for implants that can be related stat increases like that of Tionese gear to Columi gear.

I agree it should be more than 35 BH Comms, but not 350. Maybe 45-50 is reasonable for cost/increased stats.

yeah, honestly, with the amount of BH comms being dropped everywhere now, even 70 for one would be fine, that way it's still 10 more than the most expensive BH piece and basically double the price of the BH implants, but still reasonable. After all, once you're full BH geared, there's not really much else to spend BH comms on, unless you're gearing alts or gearing pets. 350 is a joke though, it really is, it's almost as bad as the 2000 fleet comms for the inheritence legacy stuff on the fleet vendor, which is still the biggest price derp in the game, imho.

Edited by SomeJagoff

• Dev Post
To clear up some of the confusion we've seen in this thread, we asked George to clarify his answer. He was referring specifically to the relics that cost 400 Daily Commendations, which have been removed and are not available in 1.4. The Hazmat Implants, on the other hand, are priced as intended. I hope this helps clear up the confusion about the answer!

It clears it up, but it doesn't make it better. 350 Coms for a very minimal stat increase are really no incentive to grind them, and having them is still nothing special if that was the intention behind this strange price. It's only a grind.

It clears it up, but it doesn't make it better. 350 Coms for a very minimal stat increase are really no incentive to grind them, and having them is still nothing special if that was the intention behind this strange price. It's only a grind.

Completely agreed. It's a bullsh*t price that doesn't reflect the value of the item. If it was awesome, an honest to goodness upgrade, then yeah, maybe that kind of inflation makes sense, but this is ridiculous.

Your itemiztion guys are doing a piss poor job. I have no problem grinding out comms for stuff that actually is worth the grind. This? This is just busy work and poor design.