Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chillshock
05.05.2014 , 02:53 AM | #161
Best rewards would be stuff that you will not be able to get otherwise, but don't need:

Trophycase + Banners + Stuff for your Spaceship / Apartment
COOL weapon models. Stuff that rivals the ones from the GTN.
Good looking armor. Like in "not just recolored ****"

Stacking Legacy Preks that increase Valor gained for all toons by a percentage.
Stacking Legacy Perks that increase Creds gained though PvP by a percentage.

Ld-Siris
05.05.2014 , 10:16 AM | #162
I can tell you ranked is a joke on the bastion. It is pretty much dead and those that do are mostly people in half conq half part gear so wth. As my main is a healer I'm pretty much screwed.

funkiestj
05.05.2014 , 11:30 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by ManiacDavis View Post
This needs to occur, I could have 4,000 rating, be the best person on my server, yet because some other server has more people to give them more rating, and they sit at 4,001 they get the rewards. I can't do anything to dethrone that other person since there is no cross-server q. So the best thing to do is to make it server rewards.
Please BW, say "oops, we are doing this per server. More details later" so we can stop posting on this obvious topic.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

funkiestj
05.05.2014 , 11:33 AM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by ZooMzy View Post
I like the idea of having top three in AC in the world as well, but they should at least split the type of rating rewards being gained with top three server as well. IE:
without cross server PvP (or at least cross server playoffs) that would be like NCAA football without any of the bowl games, just folks ranking the teams and declaring one the best (highest ranked).

You don't hear people talking about how stupid NCAA basketball is because the winner actually leaves a trail of beaten opponents behind him. NCAA football players (bowl system) is pretty stupid.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Caullia
05.05.2014 , 02:44 PM | #165
Mount Suggestion:

If you don't know what a "Howdah" or "houdah" is it's easy to look up, it's a fancy sort of box/carriage thing for riding atop of elephants or camels etc.

My idea is for bantha (maybe with some shiny golden decoration on it's horns) or other non-lizard-esque creature with a howdah type carriage atop. And instead of having a droid "Mahout" it could come with a Ortolan Mahout in an outfit with shiny golden adornments that match with the decoration of the howdah and bantha. It would be fun as a mount. It would be even better if we could have a friend ride with us 2-man+ mount if you will. The Rancor mounts from last season are a bit big as far as mounts go, but obviously scaled down from the scale of Return of the Jedi's Rancor so perhaps you can scale down the bantha as well

Do not use dark purple on the mount..there's too much purple. Will post other ideas.

Ohh maybe for the lowest tier a baby bantha pet that is cute and sort of looks like the fancy mount I described above but without the howdah.

mperantie
05.07.2014 , 11:08 AM | #166
I would like to see an additional good reward for lots of participation, rather than by rating. For example, a unique rest item like a huttball touchdown dance. To earn the reward, you would have to accumulate as many wins as completing the weekly for every week of the season (or just a large number of wins). The reason I would like to see a reward like this is it encourages more participation in the ranked queues. Some players get discouraged with their results in ranked and stop queuing. My win/loss ratio in ranked is about 50% (I have never been more than 2 games above .500 or below it). Consequently, I am not going to earn anything more than the lowest tier reward and a bunch of ranked comms (the real reason I keep playing). I do accumulate a decent number of wins and think more people would play if they felt a reward was actually achievable. I do think the reward should be based on wins though to discourage people from queuing that have no business in ranked (bolstered pve gear will get you destroyed).

CountryCrackers
05.08.2014 , 05:51 PM | #167
My main is a Sith Juggernaut named Achilles. I use the Jori Daragon armor set trying to fit the name. I was thinking one of the weapon rewards could be a main hand vibrosword that looks like a real sword. I currently use The Chopper because the Cathar Honor Sword is out of my financial reach :P

A sword that can be color customizable by crystal to fit any gear colors. Like a black/silver sword to match black and black dyes etc.

Sheike
05.08.2014 , 08:56 PM | #168
We want more 8 v 8 maps to play, not pointless aesthetic ranked rewards.

DerTaran
05.08.2014 , 11:32 PM | #169
An alternative animation for a dedicated skill? If this is to expensive for a battle skill, the class-buff animation might work pretty well.
B'zycon Legacy @ JAR'KAI SWORD
Turan 60 Commando; Annakami 60 Vanguard; Orotan 55 Sentinel; Taark 55 Scoundrel; Orokriste 55 Shadow
Amitha 55 Sorcerer; Fanalba17 Sniper

Nous voulons le retour de notre CM! Wir wollen unseren CM zurück! We want our CM back!

ZooMzy
05.09.2014 , 12:00 AM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
without cross server PvP (or at least cross server playoffs) that would be like NCAA football without any of the bowl games, just folks ranking the teams and declaring one the best (highest ranked).

You don't hear people talking about how stupid NCAA basketball is because the winner actually leaves a trail of beaten opponents behind him. NCAA football players (bowl system) is pretty stupid.
Compared to this current system, it would be a mark up at least.

I mean half of this type of play isn't even competition, just people beating whoever they can for rating in grouped. If you can only compete against others from your server, then why not give rewards for being the best from where you are?

It's only common sense: why only give world ranking rewards when you can't even play against the world? Shouldn't you get something for being the best on server, since you can actually earn that title by having the best rating gained from beating competitors on your server? Unlike world rankings, where it's not even a comparable stat?

It'd definitely encourage PvPers to spread out more, seeking domination of other servers and giving other servers more competition in response. And sure, world ranking rewards are a nice thought, but let's be realistic here: you can't compare the stats of anyone/have comparable worth.

If cross server won't happen, then they should give rewards based on where you play over something as generalized and inaccurate as the world rankings for SWTOR's season two ranked PvP.