The "My Commander Won't Go Back To A Follower" Argument Debunked

Ylliarus

Recently on the forums I have seen a few people keep saying that they won't accept their Alliance Commander returning to a "2nd Best" position in their original faction or the follower of a Republic or Empire leader. The sentiment might make sense, especially from the perspective when you choose the Dark Side (aka "Emperor/Empress") option in Chapter 9 of KotET. Yet it's an empty claim, as you're occupying Zakuul as the Eternal Alliance and people acknowledge your claim because you have the Eternal Fleet. With that gone and Zakuul having declared itself independent, your claim of Emperor/Empress is as good as my claim of being Emperor of Europe.

Still, you have achieved a lot by defeating Zakuul and such a great feat shouldn't be left forgotten. However, this by itself doesn't equal you having the right to become leader of the Sith Empire or the Galactic Republic. Sure, one of the leaders is a good and viable option, but having been the Alliance Commander by itself doesn't give you any rights to ruling, especially when you consider in the Sith Empire power is taken by the strongest/wisest and in the Galactic Republic the leaders are elected based on their merits and capabilities (or wealth).

Let me present the post of another player who hit the nail right on the head regarding this issue. They debunk the "my commander can't go back to a follower" argument, in my opinion, and give a solid counterargument in return. I invite you to read the following and for those who vehemently oppose their Alliance Commanders returning to their original factions, to view the issue from a different perspective. I also invite everyone to a civilised debate about this where possibly our perspectives can be changed/added upon/reinforced.

I'm sure when players go home after the Alliance is disbanded the player will be welcomes as one of the greatest heros in the history of their faction [which they should be]. You won't be in charge of the Empire, but you were already a personage that held great power [at least in the Empire as the Emperor's Wrath, I'm not sure how it goes in publand, but likely there is some pub equivalent].

I understand the some people feel like it's a downgrade, but the reality is for virtually the entire time of the EE storyline you are nothing more than a military figure akin to General Eisanhower in WW2 as the 'Commander of all Allied forces in the Europeon Theater'. Commander is a miltitary title [you are in charge militarily]. The parrels are easy to see. The Allies were those forces belonging to the Alliance against the Axis powers [England, America, The Soviet Union and later on and before, France]. 2 days after the War ended, Stalin, an ally built a wall in the middle of Berlin which became the Iron Curtain and marked the Start of the Cold War that would last 4 decades.

Alliances are inherenly temporary and include very specific goals and one they are met, the Alliance comes to an end.

When wars end soldiers go home, they don't become Presidents of leaders of the nations they warred against and defeated, they occupy them for a time to make sure they dont have the means to attack again once reorganized. General Eisanhower was an American Soldier. All those solders in the Allies still wore the military uniforms of their home countries answer to their own leaders ulitmately. General Eisanhower couldn't order Stalin around and did as he was ordered, he didn't become the President of Germany, he went home a hero and many years leader he became the President of the United States.

Going home after the chains of the Eternal Empire over the factions is removed is not a punishment to those soldiers, their home factions were the reason they joined the Alliance and fought, to free them. All most soldiers want to in War time is to go home again one day.

The alliance commander has made a name for himself that will be immortal. He becomes one of the most notable persons in history and becomes a living legend. The player will definately be reminded of this as new storylines unfold and deal with npcs, it will never not be mentioned from time to time what you did leading the Alliance to ultimate victory. You have become the greatest hero of your home faction and no one will ever let you forget that that's exactly what you are now. A living breathing legend.

I liked being the Emperor's wrath and I never stopped loving and serving the Empire, because that's home and as a Sithlord it was my duty to free the Empire from the EE.

I'm no leader, I want to fight the enemy. - To the Republic and to the Jedi, here I come.

Even still there better be some red carpets in my future!!

I'm am sorry for those who had hoped for more out of the Alliance storyline, as much as it wasnt my cup of tea I know some people liked it a lot, and I wish everyone could have gotten what they wanted.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yil, I understand your good intentions here in wanting to offer others a different perspective but this entire situation remains subject to a player's own interpretation of the story they play. I also get you're excited to see another poster voice a take similar to your own but creating this thread, when the discussion could have remained in your other thread, is going to come across as you trying to police how others should and shouldn't feel about this particular argument. No matter your intentions behind it.

As for the argument itself, it isn't 100% solid.

Going home after the chains of the Eternal Empire over the factions is removed is not a punishment to those soldiers, their home factions were the reason they joined the Alliance and fought, to free them. All most soldiers want to in War time is to go home again one day.

This one, for example, isn't entirely accurate. While some may have joined the Alliance to fight for the Empire or Republic's freedom, there were many who joined because they no longer had a home. Because they had nowhere else to go. Because they had been dubbed traitors by the leadership of the Republic or Empire. Because they specifically wanted to fight for the Alliance Commander, not Acina or the Supreme Chancellor. Because they were vehemently against the politics of their original home and willingly left. Because they put their faith in you, because they chose you as their leader. Some were refugees and dubbed criminals of war, and now we're supposed to be all "Sorry bud, fun's over, go home"? They purposely, deliberately, left the Empire/Republic behind to be at your side, to fight for and with you, because they believed in you and not their original faction.

I'm fine to go back or be a saboteur because I've never cared to lead. Even my Sith would rather just play her games and schemes, or battle in the field than deal with hierarchy and leadership. That said, I fully understand and accept there are other players who do want that leadership and it is most certainly deserved by now. I cannot justify telling them "tough luck, you're in no position".

This is all part of playing a game that provides so much space for headcanon, that offers choices. We all play the same game but our individual stories can be entirely different and I don't think there is anything to 'debunk' here. It's merely different opinions and approaches to the story.

By your logic.....

My Sith who defeated everything the Eternal Throne had to throw at them from Arcann to Vaylin to Valkorian and everything in between.

They ARE the strongest and no one currently on the Dark Council could possibly stand against them.

In a ideal scenario my Characters would land and demand the "Council" kneel, those that didn't would not survive the encounter.

Now that is not all my Sith, but it is the majority of them as they act like Sith.

26 US presidents out of 45 were/are US Veterans.

Twelve presidents of the US were generals: Washington, Jackson, W. Harrison, Taylor, Pierce, A. Johnson, Grant, Hayes, Garfield, Arthur, B. Harrison, and Eisenhower.

Many saw war or battle.

General George Washington, Colonel Thomas Jefferson, Colonel James Madison. Major James Monroe: Revolutionary War

General William Henry Harrison: War of 1812

Captain John Tyler: War of 1812

Colonel James K. Polk: Mexican War

General Zachary Taylor: War of 1812 and was in military battles and wars throughout his 40 years in service

Major Millard Fillmore: Civil War

General Franklin Pierce: Mexican War

Private James Buchanan: War of 1812

Captain Abraham Lincoln: Black Hawk War

General Andrew Jackson: War of 1812

General Ulysses S. Grant: Mexican War and Civil War

General Rutherford B. Hayes: Civil War

General James A. Garfield: Civil War

General Chester A. Arthur: Civil War

General Benjamin Harrison: Civil War

Major William McKinley: Civil War

Colonel Theodore Roosevelt: Spanish War

American Red Cross General William Howard Taft: WW1 non combatant

Colonel Harry S. Truman: WW1

General Dwight D. Eisenhower: WW1 and WW2

Lieutenant John F. Kennedy: WW2, injured, purple heart

Commander Lyndon B. Johnson: WW2

Commander Richard Nixon: WW2

Commander Gerald Ford: WW2

Lieutenant Jimmy Carter: WW2 and Korean War

Captain Ronald Reagan: WW2, non combatant

Lieutenant George H. W. Bush: WW2, aviator, shot down, Distinguished Flying Cross

First Lieutenant George W. Bush: Vietnam War, non combatant.

So yeah, I think you are right that after become the ultimate warrior/leader/emperor/outlander/alliance commander. We just go home and expect to be ordered around. Be the one to take the orders and not to be the one that gives them out. /s

A little history lesson on how being a veteran, and a great one of that, progresses to becoming the one in charge.

By your logic.....

My Sith who defeated everything the Eternal Throne had to throw at them from Arcann to Vaylin to Valkorian and everything in between.

They ARE the strongest and no one currently on the Dark Council could possibly stand against them.

In a ideal scenario my Characters would land and demand the "Council" kneel, those that didn't would not survive the encounter.

Now that is not all my Sith, but it is the majority of them as they act like Sith.

This is my thinking for the good majority of my characters. I see myself totally Loki-ing the place. KNEEL...SAY MY NAME! And if you don't you get to die unless I like you, in which case I will slowly wear you down with my Sithy lovability. :p

In my opinion, becoming the leader of the galaxy - through peacekeeper or emperor/empress - should have been left to the last expansion right before the game goes into actual maintenance mode (i.e. no more updates/expansions). Because once you become the leader of the galaxy there's no real place to go beyond that.

For my part, I'd much rather remain an independent ally rather than become part of either the Republic or Empire again.

I appreciate your point of view, but I don't agree.

The Commander wasn't a soldier in someone else's army who is now going home. They forged a new life for themselves in their own army.

There's already evidence that our character isn't going to be treated as a "war hero" or even have the same agency they had when they finished up SoR, when they were the Wrath or a member of the Dark Council. For instance:

1. The Empire and Republic both felt no compunction about attacking the Alliance on Iokath.

2. Zakuul, which is supposedly greatly harmed to the point of rationing food, feels secure in kicking out the Alliance without worrying they're going to be blasted to rubble.

3. In the upcoming 5.10, the PC is not given the choice to fully side with the faction they wish. A galactic leader does not have the power to say where they want to go?

4. The conflict they're being dragged into is not something that my own Commanders would even care about voluntarily. My agents, smugglers and bounty hunters have no interest in knocking over a Jedi farming colony. My Sith would feel that to be beneath them, and would not attack unless they learned there was a weapon or something that was a direct threat to the Sith Empire or the Alliance.

I would love to be pleasantly surprised but I don't think our Commanders are going to be treated with respect. I think they're going to be treated as failures for losing the Eternal Fleet and will be at the mercy of whatever faction they're forced into. I, for one, am not looking forward to it.

My Commanders all would have preferred to stay on their own and find adventure elsewhere in the galaxy. Send them back in time to fight the Rakata, send them through the Rishi Maze, anything.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I do not think that 'debunks' anything, but the counter-arguments do, in my humble opinion, point out how terribly flawed their approach has been. Because it's not just about going back to two squabbling factions, these arguments would be the case in the vast majority of scenarios they could come up with. They painted themselves into a corner with FE/ET, and are now having to try to get out of there somehow.

I very much understand your point but I think it comes down to a personal preference. I personally loved the idea of having my own Alliance and I treated the Alliance as its own government, with a middle ground welcome to everyone. So long as they respected my authority. My Darth Nox slowly grew into the role of Alliance Commander, at first it was merely an Alliance of convenience but afterwards he realized he could perhaps turn the Alliance into the proper government to bring order into the galaxy. So he is fine with allying with the Sith Empire for that goal, to bring Order to the galaxy, however he would not take kindly to go back to being a Dark Councilor. Again, if the Eternal Alliance has to be disbanded I really hope it is in a natural way, where the Alliance slowly integrates itself into whatever government you ally with, not in a "poof, Alliance is gone. Go back to your faction now, by bye."

I appreciate your point of view, but I don't agree.

The Commander wasn't a soldier in someone else's army who is now going home. They forged a new life for themselves in their own army.

There's already evidence that our character isn't going to be treated as a "war hero" or even have the same agency they had when they finished up SoR, when they were the Wrath or a member of the Dark Council. For instance:

1. The Empire and Republic both felt no compunction about attacking the Alliance on Iokath.

2. Zakuul, which is supposedly greatly harmed to the point of rationing food, feels secure in kicking out the Alliance without worrying they're going to be blasted to rubble.

3. In the upcoming 5.10, the PC is not given the choice to fully side with the faction they wish. A galactic leader does not have the power to say where they want to go?

4. The conflict they're being dragged into is not something that many Commanders would even care about voluntarily. My agents, smugglers and bounty hunters have no interest in knocking over a Jedi farming colony. My Sith would feel that to be beneath them, and would not attack unless they learned there was a weapon or something that was a direct threat to the Sith Empire or the Alliance.

I would love to be pleasantly surprised but I don't think our Commanders are going to be treated with respect. I think they're going to be treated as failures for losing the Eternal Fleet and will be at the mercy of whatever faction they're forced into. I, for one, am not looking forward to it.

In response to #2, Zakuul might be rationing food but they also still have a lot of droids and skytrooper factories. Without the (inaccurately named) Eternal Fleet and the Gravestone backing you up, you don't have the powerbase to enforce your will. The Alliance probably still has a few ships but not enough to occupy a planet.

In response to #4, technically that Jedi outpost IS a threat. It may not be a direct threat but it will likely be able to provide resources to the Republic if it's allowed to flourish. A Republic with more resources is a stronger Republic.

In response to #4, technically that Jedi outpost IS a threat. It may not be a direct threat but it will likely be able to provide resources to the Republic if it's allowed to flourish. A Republic with more resources is a stronger Republic.

Pretty much this, I think there is one point in the Livestream where Charles mentions how the Sith are mounting a preemptive strike exactly so the Jedi Order can't recover. Which makes sense in the context of a war.

Addendum: They could also play the role of symbolism, destroying any possibility of Ossus' recovery could be a blow to morale and the Sith could try to use that to their advantage to sow chaos and fear in the Galatic Republic, or at the very least demoralize the Jedi Order. Ossus had already been destroyed centuries prior, to do it again would prove the Sith's might in their mind.

Edited by FlameYOL

Pretty much this, I think there is one point in the Livestream where Charles mentions how the Sith are mounting a preemptive strike exactly so the Jedi Order can't recover. Which makes sense in the context of a war.

Addendum: They could also play the role of symbolism, destroying any possibility of Ossus' recovery could be a blow to morale and the Sith could try to use that to their advantage to sow chaos and fear in the Galatic Republic, or at the very least demoralize the Jedi Order. Ossus had already been destroyed centuries prior, to do it again would prove the Sith's might in their mind.

But this is still something that a lot of Commanders would not care about in the least. My non-Force users don't care if the Force users blow each other up, they just want to live and get paid. My Sith tend to lean grayer, but they're also pragmatic - they don't want to waste time, resources and personnel on psychological victories and they would concentrate on building the Sith up before they'd go after a farming colony on a radioactive world. All of my Commanders have seen enough war and don't want more of it.

Oh my...should I just copy and paste everything I posted in your other thread? Making an entirely new thread because someone disagreed is...not...whatever...I think others have already made the same point.

This all bears on how you play your game. A Sith who is the most powerful figure in the galaxy is not going to go back and bow down to Acina like nothing happened. When your Sith left the Empire initially, they were either the Empire's Wrath (who answered to none but the Emp...oh wait, he's dead...um Ma...oh wait, he's dead...nobody)...or one of the two more influential Dark Councilors (next to Marr...and let's face it, Marr was in charge).

Yes, I can see that the story needs to go back to the two factions *eventually*...but that still doesn't change the fact that BioWare wrote themselves into a corner with the expansion content...and now shoe-horning every Outlander back into it like no time has passed...like they haven't lived and bled next to members from both factions for years...never happened. Many Outlanders are romantically tied to members of the opposite faction. Many Outlanders are battle-bound to members from the opposite faction...all who chose to follow the Alliance *because* those factions failed them. What about Hylo? Aygo? Sana Rae? What about all the companions we recruited that make absolutely zipple sense following an oppositely aligned Commander (*cough* Jorgan *cough* Quinn *cough* Pierce *cough* *cough* *cough*). This is all just hand-waved away like the ending of Wayne's World 2. That is the problem I have with all of this.

Edited by Dracofish

Many Outlanders are romantically tied to members of the opposite faction. Many Outlanders are battle-bound to members from the opposite faction...all who chose to follow the Alliance *because* those factions failed them. What about Hylo? Aygo? Sana Rae? What about all the companions we recruited that make absolutely zipple sense following an oppositely aligned Commander (*cough* Jorgan *cough* Quinn *cough* Pierce *cough* *cough* *cough*). This is all just hand-waved away like the ending of Wayne's World 2. That is the problem I have with all of this.

I'm extremely concerned as to how this is going to play out for the companions. I think they've already confirmed that Lana and Theron will not leave you because of your faction choice, but we've already seen two LIs/companions leave or break up with the PC based on story choices (Koth, Quinn for non SWs, and Elara), so I don't know if that will continue to be true. That could mean that a companion you've invested time, credits and attention in could go away.

Some of the companions are so patriotic that I have to think they will strongly disapprove and will not want to keep helping or working with a Commander who is trying to destroy their old faction.

This is a video game and by video game logic Player Character is an immortal all-powerful demigod who can beat all odds at any time for all eternity, because if the PC would die or lost a limb, imagine the outrage. People will grab and hold their power-fantasy as close to their heart as they possibly can and validate it by saying "we've survived and beat everything", like any other outcome would ever be possible for a MMO player character. Edited by Kiesu

Yil, I understand your good intentions here in wanting to offer others a different perspective but this entire situation remains subject to a player's own interpretation of the story they play. I also get you're excited to see another poster voice a take similar to your own but creating this thread, when the discussion could have remained in your other thread, is going to come across as you trying to police how others should and shouldn't feel about this particular argument. No matter your intentions behind it.

I guess the saying "sleep a night on it" is right again because today I look at this thread and think "why Yll, why...". I totally realise and recognise the error of making a seperate thread for this when the other thread was perfectly fine. So I admit, it was a mistake to make this thread so I do apologise for cluttering the forums!

I will admit however that it led to some very interesting reads in here though which point that indeed, the argument isn't as debunked as I thought it was :)

Oh my...should I just copy and paste everything I posted in your other thread? Making an entirely new thread because someone disagreed is...not...whatever...I think others have already made the same point.

No, no, you're totally correct here, it was a mistake of me to make an entirely different thread about it. Yesterday it seemed logical and today I look at it and ask myself what the hell I was thinking. It's not necessarily that I made this thread because you disagreed with me, but yesterday I was convinced the specific post needed limelight and exposure. Today I see that it was completely not necessary.

Let's blame it on my enthusiasm, hype and surge of excitement for the new story update, albeit I recognise that's no excuse of course.

Edited by Ylliarus

I don't get this argument, when there is something much more obvious.

My little Sith was born a slave, then forced to go to the Sith Academy, where she had to fight for her life. She was then betrayed by Zash, who she killed, only to be hunted by Thanaton. After defeating him she was forced to take his seat on the Dark Council and pushed into a place of power she never wanted.

She helped defeat Revan, who freed the Emperor, and then was frozen in Carbonite. After being freed by Lana, she was then forced to lead the Alliance and to defeat Arcann and Vaylin.

Only then she was sort of betrayed by one of her closest friends and her fleet and therefore power base was destroyed.

All she really wants is to move to a far off planet and live happily with Andronikos, away from all that war... why isn't that an option? :D

The "Commander" has always been a follower. We didn't get to pick our missions in KOTET, they were picked by our companions, who were bold enough to insist we take them even. Your "Commander" has never done anything but follow.

All she really wants is to move to a far off planet and live happily with Andronikos, away from all that war... why isn't that an option? :D

Strictly speaking, you do sort of have the ability to do that, simply by not taking your SI through the next story.

It would have the same effect, really. By choosing to not have her rejoin the galactic conflict, she would basically retired with Andronikos, right?

Edited by Khevar

Strictly speaking, you do sort of have the ability to do that, simply by not taking your SI through the next story.

It would have the same effect, really. By choosing to not have her rejoin the galactic conflict, she would basically retired with Andronikos, right?

That won't do. I want the option to tell them all, that they are all crazy and then storm out shouting "Andronikos, we are leaving!" :D

Recently on the forums I have seen a few people keep saying that they won't accept their Alliance Commander returning to a "2nd Best" position in their original faction or the follower of a Republic or Empire leader. The sentiment might make sense, especially from the perspective when you choose the Dark Side (aka "Emperor/Empress") option in Chapter 9 of KotET. Yet it's an empty claim, as you're occupying Zakuul as the Eternal Alliance and people acknowledge your claim because you have the Eternal Fleet. With that gone and Zakuul having declared itself independent, your claim of Emperor/Empress is as good as my claim of being Emperor of Europe.

Still, you have achieved a lot by defeating Zakuul and such a great feat shouldn't be left forgotten. .

I've done a hell of a lot more than the leader of either the Empire or Republic ever did to save their sorry behind.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Gonna quote myself

I think the big mistake during KOTFE/ET storywise wasn't the Alliance, not even Zakuul. It was making the PC the outlander and leader of this Alliance. There was no need at all to do this. They could have simply used Darth Marr / Satele Shan as leaders of the Alliance (both already teamed up and are the in field faction leaders) and the PC as their advisor / sidekick / ally.

A team of Satele + Marr + PC during the Boss fights against Arcann,Vaylin and Valkorion would have been much less cringeworthy. If they wanted to head - team - up Valkorion and the PC why not clearly force Valkorion to do so or otherwise die permanently. It is implied that he did jump to the nearest host possible, but to me it still remains too speculative. That would explain why Valkorion even bothers with let's say a smuggler: He had no choice if he wanted to survive. And from then on he starts manipulating the PC to do his will while the PC is a field agent / ally (in case of fe the Sith Inquisitor) to Satele / Darth Marr. And at the end of the story, defeating Valkorion means sacrificing the Alliance because the PC could eather permanently destroy him at the cost of a lot of innocent lifes (Marrs way and dark side choice) or bind him in some artifact (Sateles way and light side choice). The Alliance breaks over this choice with eather Marr or Satele pulling off their ressources. The new characters (Senya, Arcann, Koth etc.) remain as additional companions to what remains of this Alliance, now under direct control of the PC and not as a dominant power. The endings would have been similar but still class friendly (only ingame mails and one class specific cinematic required)

1) Sith Inquisitor: With the old powerbase destroyed, the Alliance is the new powerbase to regain or defend the seat in the dark council.

2) Sith Warrior: The Alliance are the warriors extended crew to wage war at the Republic and maybe become more than just a killer in the name of the empire (dark council seat someone?)

3) Agent: Ressources, ressources, ressources and secure base of operations eather in service of the empire or as a double agent.

4) Bounty hunter: The Alliance turns into an independent base for all the...independent businessmen seeking to make a fortune during the continous war between the Empire and the Republic.

5) Jedi knight: Due to the more greyish way of the story line the force enclave on Odessen turns into a safe environment for non conventional / light side Sith and Jedi who couldn't resist their very own Kira Carssen as well...The Alliance now is all about protecting Odessen and its force enclave during this era of "Grey Jediism"

6) Jedi consular: The same ending as the knight.

7) Trooper: The Alliance turns into a branch of the Republics military, most likely some type of auxillary troop and garrison within the unknown region.

8) Smuggler: Basically the same as the bounty hunters ending. Smugglers, pirates and cantinas everywhere on Odessen and the Alliance turns into the smugglers new pirate / privateer fleet. Your very own Florrum if you want (just love Hondo!!!) Or Odessen becomes a neutral ground for those who are tired of the continous war.

Which leads me to how the story could still be salvaged and the Alliance alive and well, even when the story turns back into Rep vs Emp. There is no way in hell how my Sith Sorceress would become Acinas ***** or my Sith warrior returning to slaughter faceless reps for a new master. Just to pick the most extreme examples.

I believe while the overall story of the game returns to Rep vs Emp, this does not mean that the PC has to become a servant again. All it takes is some class specific world building aka dialogues. The Sith Inquisitor using the Alliance to regain power withing the empire (especially if Acina is dead) is just one way to honor the class story and the efford to build up the Alliance.

What needs to happen is giving the player the chance to customize the character of the Alliance depending on the class (Smuggler/ bounty hunter den, force enclave for grey force users, republic garrison / outpost, new power base to regain influence withing the empire) You might even open it up to all classes to give the players more space for RP. There is no reason why the smuggler wouldn't turn Odessen into a refugee for grey force users if the player wants to do so.

This way, with the Alliance becoming a customizable extended crew for the player, he/she could decide who to support during future expansions. If the player wants to RP as a hardcore empire loyalist he may choose to support the empire during every new content update. If the players Sith Inquisitor for example prefers the empire but doesn't want to become Acinas *****, the player may support the empire most of the time, unless supporting the Republic weakens the political enemies within the empire. All the mid and long term results of the players decisions could be displayed on Odessen. If the settings change during future content there is no need to remember decisions outside of Odessen and write some very unfitting dialogues. The Alliance / crewmembers remain during content updates, but all the other NPCs are new and it doesn't matter if the PC kills them or not. Most likely you won't see them again anyway, no need to write yourself into a corner.

IMO this would create more customization options, more immersion with the characters and more replayability at the cost of a few ingame cinematics, ingame mails from NPCs, dialogues and different layouts for a new 6.0 version of Odessen. Sounds like a special offer to me.

As far as it is up to my most important characters and how i will roleplay the situation in my headcanon:

1) Sith sorceress (empress ending): With the automated fleet and the Gravestone gone, she'll use the Alliance as her new powerbase to regain her position within the Sith empire and ultimately overthrow Acina. If this requires her to play nice for a while, so be it. As a former slave she had it way worse.

2) Sith warrior: He is and will be always a patriot first. He is the greatest among the empires warrior and heroes, named the empires wrath for good reason. He doesn't care to rule, never did, never will. Darth baras threatened the internal stability of the empire so he killed him. Darth Malgus tried to overthrow the emperor so he killed him. Revan was a threat to the empire so he killed him. Arcann tried to conquer the empire so he killed / enslaved him (aka turned him into a companion). The emperor was a threat to the empire so he destroyed him. And thats how he will continue: Kill any threat to the empire and its people.

3) Jedi knight: The Alliance was a way for Jedi, Sith, Reps and Imps to co - exist, so it is possible. He will use the Alliance to protect Odessen and its force enclave, maybe even build Odessen into a real colony not just a military base, safeguarded by "Grey Jedi". But first and foremost: He will will continue the damn search for his wife!!! I want Kira back!!! Gimme a whole damn Kira Carssen expansion!!! :o:o:o

This all bears on how you play your game. A Sith who is the most powerful figure in the galaxy is not going to go back and bow down to Acina like nothing happened. When your Sith left the Empire initially, they were either the Empire's Wrath (who answered to none but the Emp...oh wait, he's dead...um Ma...oh wait, he's dead...nobody)..

Just a quick correction here.

I am. :cool:

Without shame or reservation, I will bend the Knee to Empress Acina, give her my oath of fealty as a Dark Lord of the Sith, and serve her as the Empress' Wrath if she will have me, unto death, all in the name of the Empire.

I serve the Empire, whoever the Emperor/ess is.

I'm a soldier of the Empire, I don't want to be anything else, by my free will.

I want to go home to the Empire. - Long may she reign.

"We all serve the Dark Council and through them, the Emperor."

―Watcher Two[src]

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Just a quick correction here.

I am.

Without shame or reservation, I will bend the Knee to Empress Acina, give her my oath of fealty as a Dark Lord of the Sith, and serve her as the Empress' Wrath if she will have me, unto death, all in the name of the Empire.

I serve the Empire, whoever the Emperor/ess is.

I'm a soldier of the Empire, I don't want to be anything else, by my free will.

I want to go home to the Empire. - Long may she reign.

"We all serve the Dark Council and through them, the Emperor."

―Watcher Two[src]

Well, good for you.

My SW will never serve Acina as she's dead and she was fully loyal to the Empire, Baras untill he betrayed her and the Emperor, untill he destroyed Ziost, now she's just done with the Empire forever.

Now she'll just serve my JK and follow her wherever she may go. At least she knows my JK would never betray her.

As for my SI, he was a slave all his life, why would he have any loyalty for people who ensleved and mistreated him ? He'd rather burn the Empire to the ground than support it.