A troopers suggestions

CrazyOldMystic

I returned because this game is at last getting back to Empire vrs Republic. My ego is not so big that my characters must be the center of the universe in a game. As a trooper when this game launched I went that route to fight Imps, as portrayed in your trailers of return, and hope. Upon my return, I find certain things still out of place.

My first suggestion is get rid of mixed faction pvp. The people I have run into in game since my return do not enjoy mixed faction pvp. To me it makes pvp utterly pointless. All it is now is a stat monkey's game. If you want this game to recover in some form. I would suggest you get rid of it. I would also suggest on the pvp end, you make the 8 vrs 8 faction warzones the ranked warzones. Arenas are too easily exploited by current class balances. To be frank your arenas never really were enjoyable. The 8 vrs 8 faction warzones I always enjoyed those.

My second suggestion is returning the trooper to its base design in some form. This means getting rid of Echoing Deterrence and Propulsion Round. Increasing the primary shield damage reduction to 45 percent, with its long cooldown this cannot be exploited. The next move is giving back the commando stock strike, but increasing its damage. This will allow players to get at commandos but give commandos something to hit them over the hid with that has some serious damage. I would recommend blitz level damage but without the 30 meter knockback. I would also suggest that you give the 30 meter full auto and mortar volley back to the vanguard. Right now the vanguard is a boring class until you get to level 50. You completely took the fun out of that class by removing full auto and mortar volley from the vanguard. My last suggestion, I know you have QOL changes planned based on your last stream. I can not stress this point enough. Ensure they do not involve removing any abilities from the trooper class in the name of QOL. The afore mentioned suggestions are the only ability changes I would make as far as removing and adding abilities.

To the crowd that will complain over longer q, the qs problems was never faction on faction. To those who will complain about my trooper suggestion. I have been a trooper since launch. The commando is a tactical nuke damage wise, you can not give it survival this high end at the same time. I would rather lose some survival then lose some damage. The vanguard change is a must for both immersion and having fun with that class.

Almost forgot to mention do something about the rail guns already in gsf. There is a reason why that q remains dead. A bomber can be easily taken out by a strike fighter with ion cannons. A gunship with rail guns sits off at 12k meters doing enormous amounts of damage to enemy ships.

Totally agree man. I main trooper as well; it is the only class in the game where I play both advanced classes. I agree with the whole glass cannon argument for commando. High damage and low survivability is an acceptable trade-off. I too miss stock strike for commando and the mortar volley for vanguard. In terms of what abilities should be removed, I think that the adrenal surge utility should be taken away and perhaps given to vanguards instead (kind of what they did with phase walk for assassins and shadows). The trauma stabilizers cooldown should however be left in I think. The commando did deserve a little extra help in 5.0 but not the plethora of defensives that it received. Reflect should absolutely not be there at all. It makes zero sense that the class can reflect (this goes for scoundrels and operatives as well).