Darth Malgus VS Darth Malak

Microidz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a serious question?

Malak was a not a very powerful Sith Lord, he only usurped his master by use of trickery, distraction, and big guns. He supposedly had more power over the dark side than Revan ever did, but those powers were no match against the light side Revan.

Malgus would destroy Malak, even if they fought onboard the Star Forge with Malak absorbing Jedi Life force and feeding off the dark side.

Is this a serious question?

Malak was a not a very powerful Sith Lord, he only usurped his master by use of trickery, distraction, and big guns. He supposedly had more power over the dark side than Revan ever did, but those powers were no match against the light side Revan..

Highly doubt his coward self could have beat Revan as a Darth either.

Actually lets all agree that revan will make any sith look like a pushover thus we dont even kno malaks full power.... not takin his side or anything but malak knew he couldnt have the mantle of the sith he even said that on the star forge and why else would revan take malak as an apprentice if he wasnt worthy jack*** :cool:

Actually lets all agree that revan will make any sith look like a pushover thus we dont even kno malaks full power.... not takin his side or anything but malak knew he couldnt have the mantle of the sith he even said that on the star forge and why else would revan take malak as an apprentice if he wasnt worthy jack*** :cool:

He took him as an apprentice because they knew each other and Malak was the most loyal out of the original bunch. He was also the most easily manipulated and allowed himself to be drug down to the dark side with Revan (although I'm sure the seed of darkness was there already), otherwise I would think Revan would bring along Meetra to become a proper apprentice.

And I would disagree about Revan destroying any Sith or Jedi, he was pretty powerful for his time but even then Jedi and Sith only grow more powerful as time goes on.

Darth Malgus is superior to Malak in every way, Malak is a child in comparison.

• 5 months later...

ladies and gentlemen please.

take into account the Knights Of The Old Republic games, and all the information that they have given us of Revan and Malak's power. We all know that Revan, according to Kreia and many others; was one of, if not the most the most powerful force user of the time. Can we all agree that Revan could decimate Malgus? If so, take this into account: by the time Revan was being confronted by Bastilla and the other jedi, Malak had exceeded his masters power in the force, yet he ordered Revan's ship to be fired upon instead, this is not cowardice. Would you say Freedon Nadd's act of firing upon Naga Sadow's ship was an act of cowardice? both these sith knew that they had become stronger than there masters, they simply took it upon themselves to act the way sith act. By the time Revan was redeemed, Malak was defeated because he could not compare to Revan's light; however, he could exceed Revan's darkness.

Im just saying, my argument is plain, Malak was more powerful than Revan at the time of his greatest darkness. and Revan can for sure be more powerful than Malgus at the same time.

Furthermore, Revan and Malak where able to rid themselves of the mind corruption done to them by Lord Vitiate, they broke free of his control. There is noo way that Malgus would be able to do the same. further proving Malak's superiority.

Dont take into account The Old Republic when you are judging, it is a game that exists for the sake of story development, you need to fight certain people at certain times in the leveling process, this does not accomodate for power at all. the fact that you must face Revan while a level thirty and Malgus as a level fifty means very little.

that is all.

ladies and gentlemen please.

take into account the Knights Of The Old Republic games, and all the information that they have given us of Revan and Malak's power. We all know that Revan, according to Kreia and many others; was one of, if not the most the most powerful force user of the time. Can we all agree that Revan could decimate Malgus? If so, take this into account: by the time Revan was being confronted by Bastilla and the other jedi, Malak had exceeded his masters power in the force, yet he ordered Revan's ship to be fired upon instead, this is not cowardice. Would you say Freedon Nadd's act of firing upon Naga Sadow's ship was an act of cowardice? both these sith knew that they had become stronger than there masters, they simply took it upon themselves to act the way sith act. By the time Revan was redeemed, Malak was defeated because he could not compare to Revan's light; however, he could exceed Revan's darkness.

Im just saying, my argument is plain, Malak was more powerful than Revan at the time of his greatest darkness. and Revan can for sure be more powerful than Malgus at the same time.

Furthermore, Revan and Malak where able to rid themselves of the mind corruption done to them by Lord Vitiate, they broke free of his control. There is noo way that Malgus would be able to do the same. further proving Malak's superiority.

Dont take into account The Old Republic when you are judging, it is a game that exists for the sake of story development, you need to fight certain people at certain times in the leveling process, this does not accomodate for power at all. the fact that you must face Revan while a level thirty and Malgus as a level fifty means very little.

that is all.

So you'll discount the story of TOR just to make Revan and Malak better than anyone at that time. Malgus did break free of Vitiate's control. He was always independant. All of the Imperial Flashpoints lead up to The False Emperor. He was planning his rebellion from the beginning of the Second War. After the Treaty of Coruscant, Malgus sought a better Empire. And almost built it, if the player classes didn't stop him. Mind you these character were at the height of their power during their fight with Malgus, but not during their battle with Revan.

Which means Malgus beats Malak and Revan at the same time... with ease.

Heck, Kallig could take them both on and win. He is one of the most powerful players in the Empire.

Edited by Aurbere

To Me

Malgus is what Malak should have been......(and a Much better Vader Ripoff... :p)

If Malak was more like Malgus - I would have taken him as a much more serious threat...

So Yes I say Malgus - Even Palpatine respects his achievements (and gave Vader Malgus' writings as he thought it could benefit him)

But beyond that - Malgus comes across as a far more Strategic and Competant combatant than Malak did.... and more powerful in the force too.......he just seems to be better in all areas

Malak was only ever known for being one of the best duellists of his day, which unfortunately is not as big of a statement as we'd like to think, he died when he finally took on another big fish of his day and was absolutely outmatched.

Malgus achieved oneness with the Dark Side and became so powerful he was considered greater than almost every other Sith in the galaxy when he assumed his mantel, he was a frighteningly powerful Sith at the end of his reign and was only taken out by the Empire's four best champions.

Actually lets all agree that revan will make any sith look like a pushover

*facepalm facedesk facelava* I hope that was sarcastic...

Malgus wins. He wouldn't even care to go all-out against Malak.

Lets all agree that Revan is a pushover for any Sith.:)

Edited by Aurbere

Malak could win on the Star Forge, any other situation and Malgus would destroy him.

Malgus wins because the forge does not exist anymore, and even if it did I dont think you can decisively say that Malak would win for sure. Its probable, but far from definite

Malgus wins

Malak could win on the Star Forge, any other situation and Malgus would destroy him.

Malgus wins because the forge does not exist anymore, and even if it did I dont think you can decisively say that Malak would win for sure. Its probable, but far from definite

Malgus wins

Actually Malgus would be able to feed off of the Star Forge's dark energy as well. Which means Malak would lose on the Star Forge as well.

Malgus feeds off of the Dark side. He IS the dark side.

Malak however, to me, was just following Revan like a lapdog and when he saw the opportunity to kill Revan without facing him, he did.

I think Meetra Surik vs Revan would be a more interesting topic.

Or Scourge vs Malgus.

REAL opponents, not sidekicks vs icons.

Malak however, to me, was just following Revan like a lapdog and when he saw the opportunity to kill Revan without facing him, he did.

Or Scourge vs Malgus.

Scourge vs. Malgus would be interesting to see.

Anyway, I agree with your post.

Or Scourge vs Malgus.

Going by what was said and shown in the novel, Revan wins.

As for this match, Malak is destroyed.

I don't think Malak gets the respect he deserves because he was the Player Character's apprentice in the past.

But Malak isn't just a sidekick in Kotor, he was also Revan's primary antagonist. The fact that that he looses as the final boss sort of leaves the perception that he was always lesser than Revan but I don't think that's fair.

Both Malak and Revan grew stronger than they were during their initial fall. I'm inclined to think that Malak did surpass Revan when he overthrew him, only for Revan do the same to him in the end.

Regarding Revan vs The Exile. Well that's certainly a question sure to provoke a flamewar. Without having read the novel, I'm in the camp that believes that Revan is hugely overrated but I also don't think there is anything to say that Exile was the stronger of the two, both of them had different strengths and weaknesses and Revan was the Exile's leader during the Mandalorian Wars.

That is true, but the novel happened nonetheless. The novel really downplayed Meetra's power, which was kinda annoying.

He didn't just downplay it, he spat out his dummy and made everything she did as insignificant as possible to make his own baby look better, clearly making him the sole inspiration for the Rule of Two wasn't enough.

But back on topic, Malgus wrecks Malak, regardless.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

He didn't just downplay it, he spat out his dummy and made everything she did as insignificant as possible to make his own baby look better, clearly making him the sole inspiration for the Rule of Two wasn't enough.

But back on topic, Malgus wrecks Malak, regardless.

You've actually proved that he didn't take the time to do his research. Based on that alone, I'd declare the novel N-canon. You don't take a character that you didn't create and kill them off. It's not something you do as an author. Now if he was cleared to do so, then that might be different.

Anyway, I agree with you :D

You've actually proved that he didn't take the time to do his research. Based on that alone, I'd declare the novel N-canon. You don't take a character that you didn't create and kill them off. It's not something you do as an author. Now if he was cleared to do so, then that might be different.

Anyway, I agree with you :D

You can't declare that its N-Canon. Unfortunately, joking or not you people have to understand that the events in that novel are canon especially since events in this game follow that novel and include the novel also support that its canon.

And you can't just dismiss it because it degraded a character you like.

And any other has the right to kill another author's character. This is not the first time we've seen this.

Edited by BrandonSM

You can't declare that its N-Canon. Unfortunately, joking or not you people have to understand that the events in that novel are canon especially since events in this game follow that novel and include the novel also support that its canon.

And any other has the right to kill another author's character. This is not the first time we've seen this.

I know I can't declare it N-canon. I want to, but I can't. So I accept it as canon. I'll have to check, but I think the author would need the character's creators permission to kill them off. It doesn't matter I guess. I do accept the book as canon. We all have something that we don't like about Star Wars, but we have to accept. And that's what I've done with the Revan novel.

Edited by Aurbere