Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion riding speeder animation and close companion distances

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Companion riding speeder animation and close companion distances

AureliaSulis
08.15.2018 , 01:38 PM | #1
It always bothered me that when you activate a speeder, taxi or other vehicle animation, your companion 'poofs' into the aether to reappear when your character gets off.

So my suggestion is for the Devs to create an animation of your current companion sitting behind you or beside you on the vehicle. I could see two or three seated-type animations that could be used.

Oh, and can the Devs please close the standing gap between companion and character please - you might want to get up close and personal with your companion for screenshots or roleplay, but they keep moving away as if your character has some kind of communicatible disease or hasn't had a bath in a while.

Just a couple of suggestions.
Eric Arthur Blair was prescient.

xmarcusprimex
08.15.2018 , 03:05 PM | #2
While not that I would wish my companion could be closer when standing, or running behind me.. I would wish to be able to adjust it so that they could be further away. The Wampa and Voreclaw companion basically block my view of anything they are so close and take the fun out of playing with them. So.. to add to to the above suggestion.. perhaps the ability to adjust the companion distance in preferences... so that people like above can get closer, and people like me can get further distances with their companions / creatures.

SteveTheCynic
08.16.2018 , 02:47 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AureliaSulis View Post
So my suggestion is for the Devs to create an animation of your current companion sitting behind you or beside you on the vehicle. I could see two or three seated-type animations that could be used.
I'll throw out the same question I always ask: what should this feature do with T7-O1? The Nexu? The Wampa? M1-4X?

(Yes, it's solvable, but people who propose this usually seem to have not thought of it. The reason I ask is not that I think it's a bad idea, but because I want people to think about how the "edge cases" should be solved. What's your thought on this? For reference: I think the idea is a good one. I guess the best / least worst solution is to have "weird" companions just disappear, and for "tiny" speeders like the Walkhar series to continue hiding the companions.)
Quote: Originally Posted by AureliaSulis View Post
Oh, and can the Devs please close the standing gap between companion and character please - you might want to get up close and personal with your companion for screenshots or roleplay, but they keep moving away as if your character has some kind of communicatible disease or hasn't had a bath in a while.
It's especially bothersome when the companion is your character's lover / fiancé / fiancée / husband / wife. +1
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.