Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"GENERAL CREW SKILL ERROR" Reverse-Engineering 20% green premium armor Synthweaving

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
"GENERAL CREW SKILL ERROR" Reverse-Engineering 20% green premium armor Synthweaving

lightningseven
08.13.2018 , 04:27 PM | #1
RE: "GENERAL CREW SKILL ERROR" Reverse-Engineering 20% green premium armor Synthweaving

As a level 60 Sith Warrior (my exact character name was already filed in a /bug report earlier) with 600 or near that, in Synthweaving, i have been trying to reverse-engineer several items of "Focused Insight Headgear" (a level 37 Rating 84 green premium light helmet armor piece. EVERY TIME i try to get the 20% reverse-engineer for a blue prototype, it does give me back the materials but what it does NOT do is anything else. It says "GENERAL CREW SKILLS ERROR".WHY IS THAT? WHERE is the BUG at? I am getting some mats back but i should stilll hit that 20% reverse chance to get a schematic at least some of the tmie?! THIS IS A BUG with that error on the screen!
My NEW ideas for FUTURE #SWTOR6 #KOTET content:
Post-5.0 BUG LIST / FUTURE Content Requests AND Addendum: REVOLUTIONIZING SWTOR!
LEGACIES (Type "/CJOIN [legacy name]" IN CHAT to find me!): Satele Shan: CELESTIA; Star Forge: PALLADIUM; Darth Malgus: UNIVERSALYS

SteveTheCynic
08.14.2018 , 12:18 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by lightningseven View Post
RE: "GENERAL CREW SKILL ERROR" Reverse-Engineering 20% green premium armor Synthweaving

As a level 60 Sith Warrior (my exact character name was already filed in a /bug report earlier) with 600 or near that, in Synthweaving, i have been trying to reverse-engineer several items of "Focused Insight Headgear" (a level 37 Rating 84 green premium light helmet armor piece. EVERY TIME i try to get the 20% reverse-engineer for a blue prototype, it does give me back the materials but what it does NOT do is anything else. It says "GENERAL CREW SKILLS ERROR".WHY IS THAT? WHERE is the BUG at? I am getting some mats back but i should stilll hit that 20% reverse chance to get a schematic at least some of the tmie?! THIS IS A BUG with that error on the screen!
No, the bug is not what you think. The 20% chance thing is the clue, especially combined with the word "green".

ALL the 20% chance learned-by-RE schematics are blocked / deleted, and the error is because you succeeded in learning a schematic that doesn't exist.

So the bug is that you have a 20% chance rather than "No research available".

That piece you're REing is, I guess, one you crafted from an "ARCHIVE" schematic? Everything in there is a left-over from the days before 4.0. All 4.0+ schematics that don't require exotic / special components are 60% to learn a purple from a blue (there are no "makes green" new schematics), and all the special-component schematics are 100% to learn a schematic.

Yes, it's less than perfect, but the bug isn't quite what you think it is.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.