Upcoming Stronghold - Oricon Palace

DarkLordSnake

This thread has been posted multiple times and I will Not stop until I cannot post anymore!

--

This idea relates to our next upcoming Stronghold in the near future. Located off the Hydian Way holds one of my favorite planets, Oricon.

Oricon was introduced with Patch 2.4.0 on 1 October 2013 and gave the community something new to experience. Upon finishing the first stage of the Oricon storyline, passing through the Heroic mission, you are then proceeded to take your first steps to the Dread Fortress, finishing off with the Dread Palace.

During Both Imperial and Republic cutscenes, you are given the choice of claiming the Palace as a Stronghold for a future unknown.

We have never returned to the palace since then, and it's about time we do.

--

I have decided to take as many screenshots as possible and placed them on IMGUR down below as an example of what the Palace Stronghold could be, along with descriptions of each room.

The Empire only has one Stronghold that is more Sith themed, and it's about time we have another, and what better planet than Oricon.

--

The overall palace stronghold would have a total of either 5 - 6 quarters to unlock, including a Corrupted Balcony / Garden and the Dread Council chambers.

--

Please do leave your feedback down below if you support this idea of Oricon being our next Stronghold.

--

https://imgur.com/gallery/hil3f9u

Edited by DarkLordSnake
  • Like 1

Doing that is a good way to make *sure* that you cannot post any more. (Repeatedly making new threads on a subject *or* content-free "bump" posts is against the forum rules.)

Good thing I don’t post often on the forums then. Regardless, this is only here to spread the idea of the stronghold so the devs see it.

Edited by DarkLordSnake

Personally I think we have enough palaces, ruins etc. I'd like to see a spaceport or ship.Even a small apt similar to kaliyo's, but on fleet, a little room off somewhere, or even a new floor added. But definitely one with a view :)

I could get behind imp/pub fleet as a SH like coruscant/DK.

Oricon is one of the coolest planets ever designed for SWTOR. I would love a stronghold there.

Personally I think Oricon is ugly and so is the Dread Palace. I'd prefer to have a stronghold on Odessen ... which really makes sense to me, tbh. It *is* our home base after all.

Personally I think Oricon is ugly and so is the Dread Palace. I'd prefer to have a stronghold on Odessen ... which really makes sense to me, tbh. It *is* our home base after all.

the odessen base is the pseudo stronghold. it has everything you would want from a stronghold

Personally I think we have enough palaces, ruins etc. I'd like to see a spaceport or ship.Even a small apt similar to kaliyo's, but on fleet, a little room off somewhere, or even a new floor added. But definitely one with a view :)

Additionally:

There have been several requests for these 3 ( types / styles) :

*** Space station designed Strong Holds

*** Town House styled ( one at least two different planets have been offered as a possible location ..... off hand Onderon seems to be the forerunner )

*** Luxury Snow Chalet ( also a neutral planet setting )

All of these seem a lot more inviting and desirable.

Edited by OlBuzzard

This

Additionally:

There have been several requests for these 3 ( types / styles) :

*** Space station designed Strong Holds

*** Town House styled ( one at least two different planets have been offered as a possible location ..... off hand Onderon seems to be the forerunner )

*** Luxury Snow Chalet ( also a neutral planet setting )

All of these seem a lot more inviting and desirable.

AND This

Dantooine farm.

I've tried to create a little farm on alderaan, in the large open area, but it has no farm buildings :(

It is not likely to ever happen, but I'm still pining for a Copero SH. I think it would be cool if it had the town with lots of smaller buildings and a market place. I think it would be fun to have a little town to decorate, with small homes and little store fronts. A resort town.

I could get behind a snowy chalet, but only if it actually looked nice and not like we just got abandoned or lost on Hoth.

A starbase would be cool, especially from a guild standpoint.

Oricon is one I could live without.

Kaliyo's apartment is the ideal small SH idea for me.

Kaliyo's apartment is the ideal small SH idea for me.

You know, I've been pretty tepid on this idea, but I recently played Anarchy in Paradise again and took some time to look the apartment over. I think I could get behind this now. I would want a few adjustments made. I'd want a balcony, and to have some of the side rooms divided by walls with doors that open and close like the older strongholds, but yeah, I could do some fun stuff with something like that.