Level 50 Operations following release of RotHC

Good evening folks, just had a look at the developer dispatch regarding the new Operation in 2.0. In the text it mentions that it picks up from where the previous Operation lets up.

I have been levelling a Sawbones smuggler for the past couple of months (been here since launch but mainly playing different stories) but with the F2P and group finder I have been able to work through the Flashpoints, up to Red Reaper so far, and I hope to complete all if the current flashpoints before RotHC.

I don't think I will have time to clear the current End-Game Operations before then, so after that long winded explanation my question is this: Do you believe this will have an impact on my ability to enjoy the new Operation, and how likely do you believe it will be to still run these (just to clear them on Story mode) without a Guild.

Apologies for any spelling errors, typing feverishly on my phone. This isn't something that would normally bother me either but have been loving the group content as Sawbones and really want to clear as much content as possible as it - my other classes I abandoned at 50!

Edited by KBurn

I can tell you from experience that the operations are being split into 2 distinct categories: level 50 ops and level 55 ops. EV/KP/EC are 50, TFB/SV are 55. In 2.0 level 50s can GF queue for SM EV/KP/EC (I think) and 55s can (only) queue for SM TFB/SV. So you're going to need to find a pug group to do the first 3 ops. That said, I really kind of think TFB and SV stand on their own as far as story goes. If you've done the full belsavis planet, you've got enough backstory to understand what's going on. Keep in mind that the current story arc starts with KP->EC->TFB->SV, so if you're really into it, finish up SM KP and SM EC before doing level 55 group finder. Hope that helps.

We pugged in some people for Scum and Villainy, the new Operation, on one or two of our attempts. This was before they nerfed one of the bosses that we kept getting stuck on. Post-nerf, I'd say it's absolutely doable with unguilded pugs who've never run it before, as long as they're in appropriate (not overpowered) gear.

Thanks for the replies - hopefully I'll be able to do them before RotHC, but I feel better knowing I'll be able to be part of the Scum and Villainy without feeling too out of the loop. Will definitely be looking for a Guild come the time, but I know many of you must be sick and tired of the current operations by now haha!