Next expansion, what do you want to see?

CodyM

1) End of Ranked Season 1 - Interlude/beginning of Season 2 with ratings resets (I want this because I joined this season a bit too late XD )

2) Return of Ranked 8v8

3) 3-4 Huttball maps with an entirely new Huttball League

4) Massive OWPvP

5) Some form of PvE where my Pubs toons are fighting Imperial bosses, and Imp toons are fighting Pub bosses. Common enemy stuff has gone far enough.

6) Return of Class Stories (ironically enough, this seems more likely than some of my PvP suggestions)

7) Introduction of Tactical Operations - Level neutral Ops with random scenarios for each play through (like the KDY FP).

8) New level 55 Ops that involve random scenarios

9) Equilibrium in fluff items for all gameplay styles: At the moment PvErs and CM-gamblepack-buyers get all the epic items. PvPers get next to nothing, and crafting gets literally nothing.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than the given things, new warzones (8vs8) and new operations, I'd like to see challenging content that you can do solo.

What I have in mind is something similar to the "end-game" plateau in FF 13, a big open area with a good deal of challenging monsters. In FF13 you have a list that keeps track of what you've killed so a similar system linked to the achivements would be perfect. It would also be nice if the content scaled, both for level and size of group. It should however be solo'able but challenging and require both a gear and dps check. The monsters would respawn and reset on a weekly basis. The more challenging monsters could drop elite or ultimate comms, or whatever comms we'd be using once it launched, or rare stuff.

And to elaborate on the difficulty, the bosses/monsters there would be significally harder than the Oricon monsters. I'm not sure how they would be balanced for healers and tanks though, perhaps through a spec check.

Anyhow, that's what I like, something challenging I can do alone at hours when there's not much els going on.

Edited by MidichIorian

The war needs to continue. After Alderaan, the Great Galactic War began anew, but there has been a distinct lack of a "Great Galactic War."

There needs to be a story with some twists to go along with the war; we know at some point the Sith Empire will fall and the Sith race will either become extinct or go to the far reaches of unknown space never to be heard from again. Do they take over the galaxy first? Do the Republic and Jedi resort to genocide?

Some additions to GSF would be nice; something along the lines of what could be found in X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter (that is if the engine could handle it).

1. Continuation of Class Story lines.

2. Tweaks in 55 PvP (get rid of lvl 55 bolster or make it that PvP items are actually BiS as they should be)

3. Return to old bolster system pre 55 where gear mattered bit more. Right now there is almost no difference between green geared player and guy in full artifact and I think there should be bit more incentive to invest in your gear.

Maybe some dynamic OWPvP with actual rewards for doing so.

To summarise, class stories are main reason I play SWTOR. We really need them to continue. We need some real expansion, not some half-assed patches they are serving (am I the only one who didn't lof into starfighter even once?).

Make some real expension, with 8 VO class stories and VO MAIN WORLD STORY (1 full chapter - 3-4 planets). All side stuff can, and should be text based (like Corellia Black Hole dailies). Is it pricy? yes Is it risky? Maybe.

WHY NOT DO A POLL WITHIN SUBSCRIBERS AND PREF-PLAYERS (people who actually spend a buck or two on this game)? You have the system in place already, those who participated in beta know what I'm talking bout. Ask your playerbase how much would they pay for new expansion.

CMON BW, with all new MMORPG coming this year, its high time for some bold moves or your sub base will fade.

1. Continuation of Class Story lines.

2. Tweaks in 55 PvP (get rid of lvl 55 bolster or make it that PvP items are actually BiS as they should be)

3. Return to old bolster system pre 55 where gear mattered bit more. Right now there is almost no difference between green geared player and guy in full artifact and I think there should be bit more incentive to invest in your gear.

Maybe some dynamic OWPvP with actual rewards for doing so.

To summarise, class stories are main reason I play SWTOR. We really need them to continue. We need some real expansion, not some half-assed patches they are serving (am I the only one who didn't lof into starfighter even once?).

Make some real expension, with 8 VO class stories and VO MAIN WORLD STORY (1 full chapter - 3-4 planets). All side stuff can, and should be text based (like Corellia Black Hole dailies). Is it pricy? yes Is it risky? Maybe.

WHY NOT DO A POLL WITHIN SUBSCRIBERS AND PREF-PLAYERS (people who actually spend a buck or two on this game)? You have the system in place already, those who participated in beta know what I'm talking bout. Ask your playerbase how much would they pay for new expansion.

CMON BW, with all new MMORPG coming this year, its high time for some bold moves or your sub base will fade.

If they do continue the story, I'd want the expansion to swing into the empire's favour since they seem to be losing the war pretty much. We already know they will be beaten eventually. This would make the victory for the republic a stronger one in the end.

I'd like to see new planets added in an expansion.. plantets that are home to familiar races of star wars which are made playable through this expansion as well. Maybe about three new playable races could be added this way, and each planet could have something special going for it. Not all of them would have to be chains of fetch/kill quests.

One could have swoop racing which could later be added to other planets as well, another could have some missions where both republic and imperial players can team up and work together, and another could feature many heroics and ops.. the planet would be a real nightmare to survive, you woudnt be able to solo it at all.

In no particular order:

• Player story continuation.
  • Option to restart player storyline and companion conversations.
  • SGR finally implemented with current companions.
  • New companions with more dynamic conversations and personalities that actually reflect and change with your choices rather than living in a bubble like the current companions do.
  • Two companions out at once with companion banter would be super awesome.
  • New planets.
  • More focus on Empire vs Republic rather than all these offshoot distractions we keep getting today.
  • At least one new specialization tree per class. I wouldn't mind seeing snipers (any pure dps class) getting a support/tank/heal role. (for example)
  • A complete revamp for player crafting.
  • PvE space content at some point.
  • More character customization options
  • New playable races.

I am sure I can think of more later.

Edited by Vinak

This is my wish list of what I would like to see in the next expansion

• New Playable Races - Togruta and Nautolan
  • Continuation of class stories
  • New planets to adventure to - new ones that are unknown as well as old familiar ones such as Kashyyyk and Geonosis.
  • 2 New companions for every class, perhaps new romances.
  • Have the story focus on Republic vs Imperials.

I don't think continuation of class stories is economically feasible HOWEVER. More planets being added with planetary quest lines could be awesome.

Personally I'd love to see Manaan/Kashyyk again. Along with Naboo maybe. They could do some great stories about those worlds and who didn't love Kashyyk in KOTOR.

I would love to see a new lvl cap raise as well as continuation of the storyline from rise of the gift cartel as well as an amazingly new class stories but especialy to sequel story to rise of the hutt cartel story. Edited by jacksparow

• 3 weeks later...
It has been a month now since the Rise of the Hutt Cartel has been released. It is going to be a while until more major content like that will be added, which is understandable. It should take at least 3 more months until we hear anything for even story related content, much more for an expansion.

But what would you want the next one to have? Another level cap raise to, say, 60? New and faster mounts? More companions? Planets to visit such as Dantooine, Mustafar, Yavin, etc? New CLASSES?

What do you want to see in the next expansion?

New Expansion after Hutt Cartel>Would love to have:

(1.) New race: The voss! Awesome looking race and possible customization patterns with potential for a unique new class with their healer abilities, advanced space tech and future sight abilities. (Could be a chance to make an actual good and viable tech/mysticism class with a good healer class spec for swtor finally since most current heal class/specs are mediocre at best. Also a very indepth and rich cultural background to work with here. ;)

(2.)Level Cap raise to 60 with a new lvl 50 or 52 through 60 planet with the purpose of an expansion/addition upon class story-lines. (rather than just throwing in a new level cap and planet just for the sake of throwing them into game.)

(3.)At-least 1 new companion for each class that is actually worth something to use. Most current companions, (excluding Treek and MK-1 which are item mall companions anyway), are either pretty much useless from the start or become useless and obsolete very fast.

(4.) If new class is added would love to see Imperial Guardsmen class! Many say they don't exist in this "era" of star wars but i have seen what look to be Imperial guardsmen in various places throughout game. For example on sith warrior/sorcerer world and high lvl worlds. There is even a contact that resembles an Imperial Guardsmen and works for the emperor on one of the higher level planets. Class could be a tech/melee class that actually makes use of the electrostaff type weapons currently in-game that get very little use because of a highly limited / if any at all current classes being able to use them.

Thank You and i hope this game last for years to come. ;)

Edited by BLJKD

• 1 month later...
A neutral planet would be nice. But not like Nar Shadaa's promade, I mean one with a story in it that has the Republic and Empire grudgingly working together, which would involve Republic and Empire players able to form groups with one another and take part in conversations. Would be interesting.

A continuation of the companion story lines would be fun as well. So would a trip to Naboo.

Would be great to see the players from different sides talking to each other, especially the Warrior and knight

Warrior: I have to work with a Jedi!

Knight: It's only temporal

Warrior: I don't need the help of weak scum like him

Knight: Weak?, I killed your emperor!

Warrior:.......

• 3 months later...

1. Knock down back for operative

2. Better combat animations, acrobatic new skills no improve the gameplay

3. Hybrids removed from solo ranked queue

4. Cartel option to change the sound of your gun or lightsaber and even your abilities

5. New class and new race

I came for the story, and so did many others. Majority, minority...it doesn't matter. A sizable number of players want more class story, and they should provide it.

I don't care about player housing, GSF, or the new Rancor BBQ flashpoint, I want more class stories, too. I miss the cinematic VO and cutscenes if I play an MMO that doesn't have them, like WoW, GW2, or Wildstar.