Possible KOTOR replacement but from where? Did you see this?

IntegrationArch

PC Gamer has a story about SWTOR/KOTOR replacement but a walk back note, did you see this?

http://www.pcgamer.com/rumor-a-new-kotor-game-is-in-development-at-bioware-austin/

http://www.swgameoutpost.com/2017/04/09/rumor-bioware-kotor-reboot/

and this walk back ?

http://kotaku.com/that-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-rumor-isnt-1794215197

http://www.swgameoutpost.com/2017/04...-kotor-reboot

--: Maybe Disney EA wants KOTOR in Frostbite at another EA studio?

SWTOR news main story writer leaves BW/SWTOR news IAN RYAN

Ben Irving Left

Tait left

http://dulfy.net/2017/02/08/swtor-tait-watson-leaving-bioware/

http://massivelyop.com/2017/02/08/swtors-tait-watson-departs-bioware-trades-austin-for-socal/

Let's Talk About The Lack Of SWTOR At E3 2017

Edited by IntegrationArch

Your links are broken, but a lot of that "they're doing a new KotoR!" hype from a few months back just turned out to be bad journalism. Some guy spouted off on Twitter that he knew a guy who knew a guy who totally was in on the secret, or some such, and then Kotaku sourced him and everyone else sourced Kotaku, and it was a mess.

Your links are broken, but a lot of that "they're doing a new KotoR!" hype from a few months back just turned out to be bad journalism. Some guy spouted off on Twitter that he knew a guy who knew a guy who totally was in on the secret, or some such, and then Kotaku sourced him and everyone else sourced Kotaku, and it was a mess.

the forum scambled them but the links are working -thx

From what I've heard about the teething issues of ME:A, a lot of that can be laid at the feet of an engine that was not designed to be used for an RPG. So I'd be a tad surprised to hear about any RPG in development using Frostbite right now, at least not unless they got some handles on those challenges.

It's a reboot of the original game by the looks of it.

It's not. It's simply a (perfectly legal) fan-made mod that updates the graphics and restores cut content in one package (as the cut content may already be restored through other mods).

If Bioware ever returns to KOTOR I'd much rather they made a KOTOR III than a reboot of the first game. SWTOR is going to end eventually, so KOTOR III could be set a couple centuries after SWTOR's conclusion.

There is 300 years of history between KOTOR 2 & SW:TOR

Plenty of story possibilities during that time.

thing is everyone is sick of the emperors storyline but it's much apart of the kotor timeline as it is the swtor timeline. what it comes down to is who to focus it on and at which point in that era.

Revan, Meetra, Scourge and all Revans previous companions are otherwise engaged except Bastila, Onasi and Meetra's remaining companions.

there is not a lot of scope left on that part of the timeline and focusing on another area that has no relevance in swtor history is just a waste of time. i was thinking what Zakuul was 300 years previously before Valkorion became a thing and how zakuul was eventually the notice of the emperor, something like Valkorion was a brave young man before he was hollowed out, when he was his own person a hero in another part of the galaxy and years later through a novel how the emperor hollowed his mind and took over and that would complete the arc in swtor as far as additionaly background is concerned on the emperor and how to sympathise with the man that no longer exists, just the shell of a once proud man.

it would be a good way of adding other planets, greater evolution of the zakuulan culture and customs, traditions and what not. add new companions, stories, what zakuulan military was like and the look of their ships. all far removed from the rest of the known galaxy.

Those 300 years were a peaceful time for the Republic, so no, not really. After SWTOR is a whole 'nother story.

You don't need to have a large-scale war threatening the entire Republic to have a meaningful conflict for a game. Or, heck, it could just be set outside Republic space.

By that, I just mean it's a viable option, not that it's necessarily the best choice. I think a game set during the New Sith Wars / Republic Dark Age could have real potential, as would going even going further back instead to the Dawn of the Jedi era and the actual founding of the Republic.

Edited by DarthDymond

Just give me a story arc that doesn't include Tatooine. It's in every game and movie trilogy despite being a backwater sand planet with little to offer the galaxy.

That description comes from a bored farmboy who wanted to fly! As though Illinois is a backwater because some kid wanted to get farther than his dad's cropduster would take him.

You don't need to have a large-scale war threatening the entire Republic to have a meaningful conflict for a game. Or, heck, it could just be set outside Republic space.

By that, I just mean it's a viable option, not that it's necessarily the best choice. I think a game set during the New Sith Wars / Republic Dark Age could have real potential, as would going even going further back instead to the Dawn of the Jedi era and the actual founding of the Republic.

I'd play a game exploring the history of the Rakata and Gree civilisations in their prime : )

A SWTOR prequel would be too limiting in that SWTOR establishes some things as canon within the legends timeline. A game set after SWTOR would give the writers a much freerer hand.

That description comes from a bored farmboy who wanted to fly! As though Illinois is a backwater because some kid wanted to get farther than his dad's cropduster would take him.

Tatooine has a population of 200,000 people in a galaxy of trillions. Yet every galaxy wide story ends up there and most seem to avoid Coruscant. Makes no sense.

Edited by jpscjpsc

A SWTOR prequel would be too limiting in that SWTOR establishes some things as canon within the legends timeline. A game set after SWTOR would give the writers a much freerer hand.

Give me Total War: Star Wars: Old Republic with armies of Jedi and Sith fighting each other.

Per early cannon here http://www.swtor.com/holonet/galactic-history there is a 30,000 year GAP between the discovery of the force on Tython, the Jedi Order, and when the Sith rise to power.

These early times of Jedi vs exiled Jedi would also make a great story and game as we love prequels. Imagine Jedi in a greek setting with gods, temples, big row boats, dragons, proto sabers, and dark powered force weapons that corrupted the user. Sublight travel and space faring sleeper ships.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pre-Republic_era

Edited by IntegrationArch

Per early cannon here http://www.swtor.com/holonet/galactic-history there is a 30,000 year GAP between the discovery of the force on Tython, the Jedi Order, and when the Sith rise to power.

These early times of Jedi vs exiled Jedi would also make a great story and game as we love prequels. Imagine Jedi in a greek setting with gods, temples, big row boats, dragons, proto sabers, and dark powered force weapons that corrupted the user. Sublight travel and space faring sleeper ships.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pre-Republic_era

My friend the best fanfilm I've ever seen - up there with Darth Maul : Apprentice - is set with the Jedi Order on a planet quite reminiscent of Luke's Ep VII planet (only the fanfilm is from 10 years ago!) casting out a group of hostile heretics... every time I've rerolled on Tython and investigated about Rajivari and the first dark users who split from the Je'daii Bendu, I've remembered this incredible jewel of a film.

It's in Italian but with subtitles in many languages.

It has its own prequel. If anyone liked the Theoretika, watch this. A Jedi starship enters a gigantic, ancient alien spacecraft...

Enjoy !

Edited by BenduKundalini

Ben Irving Left

What's that got to do with anything? Unless your implying he left to work on this supposed rumored game? I think they would want to actually make money from the game though which isn't going to be easy if he's involved. :p

Tatooine has a population of 200,000 people in a galaxy of trillions. Yet every galaxy wide story ends up there and most seem to avoid Coruscant. Makes no sense.

The Prequel films started that nonsense with it being Anakin's home planet, something that made Obi Wan later hiding out there fairly ridiculous.

I agree though. As much as I love Tatooine it really needs to disappear forever from future Star Wars games or books unless they're set during the films' timeline. So does Hoth for that matter. Both of those planets were supposed to be unimportant flyspecks that hardly anyone in the galaxy had heard of, yet because of the nostalgia factor among fans both of these planets are repeatedly being made the stage for important galactic events. It in a way it is unintentionally contradicting the films.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

You can never go wrong with appealing to a SW fan nostalgia apparently. I agree that Hoth and Tatooine even Allderaan to a certain extent shouldn't have come before new worlds. I do like visiting Alderaan due to well, you know. But I think when people see a desert or ice planet in the SW universe, they are going to think of those two. Or if they aren't those two then they will wonder why not since this new world might as well have been one of them.

I agree that making Tatooine Skywalker homeland (how about that name... a Skywalker from Tatooine... shh, its a secret. No Kenobi's live here either) was laugh out loud eye rolling. Perhaps in the SW universe people have no memory of names. That's why everyone refers to our characters by our class. Or it was apparent poor George got lost in his own ego.