Guild Invites During Match

OscarDivine

I play on a host of different characters, most of which are unguilded. Last night, for the first time ever, I was invited into a guild DURING THE MIDDLE OF A MATCH somehow. I have no idea how this other player found me, I don't really care, but it halted my flight, I had to figure out wth was happening and respond to the guild request. I was subsequently killed (no surprise) but seriously, why are these kinds of requests even allowed during a match?

Yeah. I have mentioned multiple times that it happened to me. And was a concerted effort to make things difficult in matches. I got them, just prior to getting attacked.

Say am paranoid...but when it happens only during a match...multiple times. You begin to put two and two together.

People say I was crazy.

But, if it were only once, I would say its someone just trying to grab a guild member.

But, more than once..in different matches form the same person..yeah. Its a conspiracy.

Yeah. I have mentioned multiple times that it happened to me. And was a concerted effort to make things difficult in matches. I got them, just prior to getting attacked.

Say am paranoid...but when it happens only during a match...multiple times. You begin to put two and two together.

People say I was crazy.

But, if it were only once, I would say its someone just trying to grab a guild member.

But, more than once..in different matches form the same person..yeah. Its a conspiracy.

Very easy on vocal, to have your buddies on the opposing faction and tell them "ok let's global this guy. Send invite... NOW!"

Quite creative in fact :mad:

BTW : hitting escape lets you access the UI.

Edited by BenduKundalini

It was probably innocent mistake. Why not just join a guild anyhow, there is no downside to it. Unless you join the large jack-arse guild that forces you to do things instead of play how you want, then just switch to a superior guild that lets you play game the way you want.

It was probably innocent mistake. Why not just join a guild anyhow, there is no downside to it. Unless you join the large jack-arse guild that forces you to do things instead of play how you want, then just switch to a superior guild that lets you play game the way you want.

because I like to be incognito and guilding automatically displays your legacy title to all players in that guild.

If this is becoming a problem, make your own guild and sit in it alone. I actually suspect that the mere ability to receive a guild invite during GSF is a potential exploit (watch what it does to your ship speed), above and beyond its more common ability to accidentally (rarely even, purposefully) grief the invite recipient. The devs should ideally disable the guild invite prompt (complete with corresponding error message to the inviting player), or totally rework the UI to not effect speed and pop up in a dumb, distracting place. The first would maybe be easier? I don't think it is high on their list.

I would consider that more as spam guild invite than an attempt to manipulate the match. I even got ninja invited in a group once to found a guild. After I was already in a guild that didn't worked but there are strange things going on even without an attempt to maipulate a match. After I had a discussion a few month ago how gold spammers use /who to find charakter names to create lists who to mail lets say if a guild invite spammer uses similar tactics the chance is very high that you were registered while you waiting for a game and the invite just arrived during the game because of how long it took after you where next on the lists and how long it took to get a game. Still if possible I would report such a behavior. Even if it is "just spamming" spamming is still against the TOS.