Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Create TRUE pvp servers


Labradoraki's Avatar


Labradoraki
02.18.2012 , 09:31 AM | #1
This is a rant that i decided to do due to this topic http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=311282

BIOWARE DARED to warn pvpers for killing republic players that were trying to kill a world boss on open world....

I cant even say how annoyed i feel by this pathetic action by bioware... pvp servers are ABOUT PVP(OMG) AND GUILD PVP ESPECIALLY WHICH MEANS trying to defeat your opponents iwth any way possible and deny them everything you can... even getting out of a village....


So what i demand from bioware is TRUE PVP(TPVP TAG) that pvp in open world is allowed and camping bosses and actually pvping against other top guils aka denying them everything you can is allowed or me and a lot more pvpers are going to unsubscribe because thats the main use of pvp guils in pvp servers.. TO DENY EVERYTHING FROMT HE ENEMY!!!

Jestunhi's Avatar


Jestunhi
02.18.2012 , 09:33 AM | #2
FYI hardcore pvpers are a tiny niche in the mmo market, claiming that a sizable chunk of the population will quit if their needs are not met is a joke.

:edit:

Also, there was no proof provided that ta ticket was created, that a warning was issued nor that the situation went down as it did in that thread.
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
Jestunhi's responses might be just about the the most asinine and pigheaded responses I've ever read on a forum.

Labradoraki's Avatar


Labradoraki
02.18.2012 , 09:37 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jestunhi View Post
FYI hardcore pvpers are a tiny niche in the mmo market, claiming that a sizable chunk of the population will quit if their needs are not met is a joke.

:edit:

Also, there was no proof provided that ta ticket was created, that a warning was issued nor that the situation went down as it did in that thread.
well then go to the pve sections and dont come in pvp forums....


also it doesnt matter if the warning or ticket was correct, such action is monstrous by bioware and even if it didnt happened they must see the reactions of such abominable actions like warning pvpers so they wont even think about doing such thing or do it agian...

Evil_Santa's Avatar


Evil_Santa
02.18.2012 , 09:43 AM | #4
Yeah... i'd rather BioWare/EA GMs spend their time banning exploiters, than coming in to play referee in a world pvp encounter.

Jestunhi's Avatar


Jestunhi
02.18.2012 , 09:44 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Labradoraki View Post
well then go to the pve sections and dont come in pvp forums....
All you use it for is to ask for nerfs... and you tell me not to come here?

Quote:
also it doesnt matter if the warning or ticket was correct, such action is monstrous by bioware and even if it didnt happened they must see the reactions of such abominable actions like warning pvpers so they wont even think about doing such thing or do it agian...
It absolutely does matter if it was correct.

If the story told in that thread is a lie and they were really harassing the players then the outcome should be very different to if they were just fighting them each time they came back.


Punishing players for breaking rules is acceptable.

Punishing players because people whine about them is not.
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
Jestunhi's responses might be just about the the most asinine and pigheaded responses I've ever read on a forum.

Lerdoc's Avatar


Lerdoc
02.18.2012 , 09:44 AM | #6
What action? I see no proof for anything, just a bunch of crying babies calling themselves pvpers, OP of this thread including.

Quote: Originally Posted by Labradoraki View Post
well then go to the pve sections and dont come in pvp forums....
The irony crits everyone on PvP forum for over 9000 noob damage.

Labradoraki's Avatar


Labradoraki
02.18.2012 , 09:46 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jestunhi View Post
It absolutely does matter if it was correct.

If the story told in that thread is a lie and they were really harassing the players then the outcome should be very different to if they were just fighting them each time they came back.


Punishing players for breaking rules is acceptable.

Punishing players because people whine about them is not.
What is harassing lol on a pvp server? killing the others while they try to kill a boss??

Also you should punish players for thier mistakes aka BECAUSE THEY CHOSE A PVP SERVER AND CANT HANDLE IT AND REACH THE RIDICULOUS LEVEL OF MAKING PETITIONS BECAUSE THEY CHOSE A PVP SERVER

Jestunhi's Avatar


Jestunhi
02.18.2012 , 09:50 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Labradoraki View Post
What is harassing lol on a pvp server? killing the others while they try to kill a boss??

Also you should punish players for thier mistakes aka BECAUSE THEY CHOSE A PVP SERVER AND CANT HANDLE IT AND REACH THE RIDICULOUS LEVEL OF MAKING PETITIONS BECAUSE THEY CHOSE A PVP SERVER
Either provide a single quote where I said pvp is harassment or stop exagerating to try to make yourself look better.

Can you prove the story in that thread is true? Can you prove a ticket was created? Can you prove anyone was warned? Can you prove that no one spawn camped (which is inescapable as you cannot choose where to spawn and therefore *is* harassment according to the rules of this game and pretty much any other which I have played)?

No, you take it at face value and whine about anyone who disagrees with you.



You will note in that thread that I agreed that if the story was true, and nothing was left out, I sided with the pvpers not the GM who supposedly wrote the ticket.

But asking for clarity over a claim and demanding action over a claim are two very different things.
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
Jestunhi's responses might be just about the the most asinine and pigheaded responses I've ever read on a forum.

Labradoraki's Avatar


Labradoraki
02.18.2012 , 09:56 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jestunhi View Post
Either provide a single quote where I said pvp is harassment or stop exagerating to try to make yourself look better.

Can you prove the story in that thread is true? Can you prove a ticket was created? Can you prove anyone was warned? Can you prove that no one spawn camped (which is inescapable as you cannot choose where to spawn and therefore *is* harassment according to the rules of this game and pretty much any other which I have played)?

No, you take it at face value and whine about anyone who disagrees with you.



You will note in that thread that I agreed that if the story was true, and nothing was left out, I sided with the pvpers not the GM who supposedly wrote the ticket.

But asking for clarity over a claim and demanding action over a claim are two very different things.
OH NO YOU cant w8 the ressurection timer that i think gets reseted whe you spawn once in a spawnpoint and therefore you cannot get the 8 seconds of stealth+4 second(those 4 are given when you die by pvp)
therefore there is totally no other option based on you and not the facts...

but i guess taht pvp team has scouts all over the place even after 2000 meters so you cant w8 a few minutes to escape

there is nothing that can be called harashment in a pvp server


maybe they should ban everyone who resource harass the enemy player in strategy games because its effective but its harasment and its evil

ImperialSun's Avatar


ImperialSun
02.18.2012 , 09:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jestunhi View Post
All you use it for is to ask for nerfs... and you tell me not to come here?



It absolutely does matter if it was correct.

If the story told in that thread is a lie and they were really harassing the players then the outcome should be very different to if they were just fighting them each time they came back.


Punishing players for breaking rules is acceptable.

Punishing players because people whine about them is not.
Lol..owned right there...it's true OP you dont use the PvP forums to discuss PvP...all you ever do is rant, type in caps and demand nerfs to anything that doesnt suit your personal agenda lol...

You have no proof that the sequence of events described in that thread was accurate. If it was flat out griefing, on a PvP server or not then action should have been taken. Simple.

Without proof either way what are you crusading for exactly?

Driz