Expertise CAP .. Is there ONE ????

House_of_Elnino

i think its around 500 or 10% ish it starts to DR in a meaningful way... But i do not know the numbers.

+1 - There is a chart out there somewhere but i was drunk and have no idea where i found it. The DR on the curve they graphed started around 500.

Edited by Zoombi

The DR still isnt bad on 500, expertise doesnt get hit that hard with DR.

hmmm with 654 exp I get like 12% something bonus so it looks like each 100 points gives 2%. Not exactly DR for me. Maybe combat adrenals do not work as efficiently after that. Never tested it.

so basically with that graph up to 800 expertise is still good then right ? or am i looking at it wrong

Depends, look at your other stats and if you gain more by boosting them instead of expertise go for them instead. Diminishing Returns is the name of the game known as Min/Max-ing

Going from BM-1 (653 Expertise) to full BM (703) is still in favor of BM over Rakata.

Some people wear Rakata because the set bonuses are not balnaced and some PvE bonuses are actually better for PvP than the PvP set bonus. For example missile spammers get quite a bit out of +15% crit to missiles for the 2 piece bonus and that's usually worth giving up 100 Expertise. This is a case by case deal that depends on whether your class's PvP set bonus is actually good or not.

This is a case by case deal that depends on whether your class's PvP set bonus is actually good or not.

Healing Sage 4p PvP setbonus to small health back every time you use Noble Sacrifice makes baby Jesus cry.

Edited by Senefera

Yet.

/5char

If it's possible to remove the armoring, I'd probably wear *Rakata* gear that has PvP armoring, because for the most part PvE set bonuses tend to be better than PvP bonuses. Of course I can technically do that with say, Tionese armor too if I can replace the armoring (can already replace all the other stuff).

They have said it will be possible in the future.

The only thing I'm curious about is how the set bonus will work after that (i.e. will it be tied to the armour or the armoring mod - if it's tied to the model we will still see most people in end-game looking exactly the same as each other).

Edited by Jestunhi

They have said it will be possible in the future.

The only thing I'm curious about is how the set bonus will work after that (i.e. will it be tied to the armour or the armoring mod - if it's tied to the model we will still see most people in end-game looking exactly the same as each other).

I think it'd make far more sense to make the set bonus tied to the number of armoring you have. I think only the 5 set piece slot can have armoring anyway? There's some orange gear I want to wear but that's not an option as long as set bonuses is tied to the base item.

I think it'd make far more sense to make the set bonus tied to the number of armoring you have. I think only the 5 set piece slot can have armoring anyway? There's some orange gear I want to wear but that's not an option as long as set bonuses is tied to the base item.

BoE armoring 25s (the ones in rakata gear) drop in operations and can be fitted into orange gear.

This doesn't give a set bonus but afaik they are all 2 and 4 pieces and you have 5 slots.

My Powertech uses an orange chest with an advanced reflex armoring 25 giving 140 armor rating and looks different to all the clones in full pvp gear.

:edit:

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3299/screenshot2012021520120.jpg

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6034/screenshot2012021218163.jpg

ATM it's champ gloves & legs for 2 piece, orange chest and boots and columi helm (all non-visual & weapon / offhand slots are champ, giving almost 500 expertise, with all armour mods swapped out for champ / columi quality mod / enhancements with +crit & surge)

When I can replace all the champ gear with BM gear (59.45 valor currently) I'll have better stats but retain my unique look.

Considering changing the boots & helm for a 2 piece pve bonus but might not if the item mod changes are coming.

Edited by Jestunhi