Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is pvp equipment only good in pvp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is pvp equipment only good in pvp?

justmolly
02.18.2012 , 07:21 AM | #1
this has been a question that ive been having for some time now and no one will give me an answer. So my question is, is pvp equipment only good in pvp zones?

Jestunhi
02.18.2012 , 07:24 AM | #2
PvP gear has less primary stat (aim / str / wis / cun) and less end - but expertise instead.

Expertise has no effect in pve, so pve gear is better for pve.

Expertise gives a bonus to damage, defense & healing and has diminishing returns: http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/02/e...-of-champions/
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
Jestunhi's responses might be just about the the most asinine and pigheaded responses I've ever read on a forum.

justmolly
02.18.2012 , 07:29 AM | #3
thank you

Ergecrs
02.18.2012 , 08:09 AM | #4
I use pvp gear for pve just beacuse it was better then my old gear for healing and the bonus. I am working on a set of both but for me it was easier to get the pvp gear first. The armor and some mods are higher then what I found in the pve dailys. It works fine for Normal and Hardmode Flashpoints from what I have seen.

sjmc
02.18.2012 , 10:12 AM | #5
The level 20/40 armor on the "PVP Armor Vendor" on the fleet is pretty good; it has no PVP-specific qualities. The weapons on the "PVP Weapons Vendor" are quite excellent too (and some do have +expertise).

Waagabond
02.18.2012 , 10:16 AM | #6
You are better off with orange gear with some blue lvl 50 mods then epic centurion for pve, its even better then champion for pve unless your a tank where armor actually helps.

The stats on the PVP gear actually is not that great for pvp either as it got massive amount of accuracy, which you are forced to remod if you are serious abouot pvp, as its not needed.

If you are 50, farm carelis mods and ilium mods and get them into some orange gear and you will be far better off then farming wzs to get some pvp gear, if its pve you want to do.

Superdude-
02.18.2012 , 10:21 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jestunhi View Post
PvP gear has less primary stat (aim / str / wis / cun) and less end - but expertise instead.

Expertise has no effect in pve, so pve gear is better for pve.

Expertise gives a bonus to damage, defense & healing and has diminishing returns: http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/02/e...-of-champions/
Is that why my weaponmaster weapons have 30-40 more end? And less, str, and end. hmm

Lasarith
02.18.2012 , 10:36 AM | #8
Apart from the Expertise (stat) i have got better Equipment from Normal PVE items then my level 40 PvP Outfit, (which i bought in my 20's - so by the time im level 40 (39 now) they will be useless
10 Years and over 20 Mmo's and i still miss the first

zeroburrito
02.18.2012 , 10:42 AM | #9
you can clear all content easily with pvp gear.

Ergecrs
02.18.2012 , 10:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lasarith View Post
Apart from the Expertise (stat) i have got better Equipment from Normal PVE items then my level 40 PvP Outfit, (which i bought in my 20's - so by the time im level 40 (39 now) they will be useless
I think they are actually talking about the Centurion and Champions gear. The other armor is not pvp specific items just orange items that can be bought with pvp coms.