Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

eabevella
04.10.2021 , 11:46 AM | #2881
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
That is what I am talking about. That is only one possible interpretations of events.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Theron's true intention has become pretty clear on our way chasing him, he's never served two masters, and there is quite a bit time for us to cool down from the anger, it's never set up as a suicidal thing, the kill option is simply stupid.

Hadsil
04.10.2021 , 08:16 PM | #2882
Slight correction.

I mentioned several pages back that Theron ogles you on Rishi. I misremembered, sort of. I recently played it, and only the Imperial gets the ogle. It's when you first meet on Rishi where Lana reveals herself as the stranger spreading the pirate rumors. As Republic you reunite with Theron inside the safe house building. No ogle. As Imperial Theron meets you outside in the cinematic as you talk to Lana. The ogle happens at the end when the cinematic has you walk to the safe house.

eabevella
Yesterday , 03:18 AM | #2883
Quote: Originally Posted by Hadsil View Post
Slight correction.

I mentioned several pages back that Theron ogles you on Rishi. I misremembered, sort of. I recently played it, and only the Imperial gets the ogle. It's when you first meet on Rishi where Lana reveals herself as the stranger spreading the pirate rumors. As Republic you reunite with Theron inside the safe house building. No ogle. As Imperial Theron meets you outside in the cinematic as you talk to Lana. The ogle happens at the end when the cinematic has you walk to the safe house.
The "someone in the SIS has a crush on me" line was not out of no where

Jaxterone
Yesterday , 09:22 AM | #2884
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
That is what I am talking about. That is only one possible interpretations of events.
Spoiler
That is the the issue with "leaving things open to interpretation" they aren't definite, we only have what is there. There is nothing in-game to really suggest that, so the writer is basically allowing people to headcanon what they believe. But that doesn't pass for an actual fact. Quinn's is left up to interpretation, but with Theron we had a definite answer in game right away that left no room for further doubt that he wasn't actually betraying and was just playing double agent. Quinn was loyal to Baras still, but Theron was never loyal to the chiss, gemini, or atrius. His only goal was to pretend he was only to get in close with them and sabotage them for the ultimate benefit of the alliance and the player character. So I wouldn't compare them either, as Theron was never even split between two sides, he was always on yours.

Anyway, I don't mind people who hate characters going back to what the other poster said. I just wish the haters of those characters would simply make their choices, and stop gatekeeping these characters from the rest of us who enjoy them lol

Damask_Rose
Yesterday , 07:38 PM | #2885
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaxterone View Post
That is the the issue with "leaving things open to interpretation" they aren't definite, we only have what is there. There is nothing in-game to really suggest that, so the writer is basically allowing people to headcanon what they believe. But that doesn't pass for an actual fact. Quinn's is left up to interpretation, but with Theron we had a definite answer in game right away that left no room for further doubt that he wasn't actually betraying and was just playing double agent. Quinn was loyal to Baras still, but Theron was never loyal to the chiss, gemini, or atrius. His only goal was to pretend he was only to get in close with them and sabotage them for the ultimate benefit of the alliance and the player character. So I wouldn't compare them either, as Theron was never even split between two sides, he was always on yours.
There is actually a huge amount in game to suggest that, because that is what the writer intended. The writer's mistake was not hitting people over the head with a two by four. He was too subtle for the majority of the playerbase. He should have handled Quinn like Jaesa and have two versions of the one companion. I believe that because the writer came out and said it was a deliberate alternative, that it is indeed fact. It is NOT headcanon when players understand a story the way the writer intended!

I fully concede that Theron didn't have the same struggle with divided loyalty that Quinn had since the Republic wasn't involved in his traitor arc. Personally, I think that is a very minor difference and not a factor in people's love or hate for either character.
My name is Milind. I checked it again and can confirm you there is no bug with any companion in the game.

eabevella
Yesterday , 10:26 PM | #2886
For me, Theron's biggest crime during the traitor arc will always be his hair.