Scavenging In Flashpoints

Tamrixa

Does anyone know of a guide that lists which metals/compounds can be scavenged in all the different flashpoints? I'm looking for metals of all levels, but I do not want to have to waste my time if I'm looking for a specific type of metal.

Compare the character level of the missions for a particular grade of material and the level range of the flashpoint. That should give you a good idea as to what gathered materials are likely to drop. When in doubt assume lower.

1a. The Esseles (Carrick Station, Coruscant Departures, RF), Level 10.

1b. The Black Talon (Vaiken Spacedock, Dromund Kaas Departures, IF). Level 10.

2. Hammer Station (Dropship Launch Hangar, RF and IF). Level 17.

3. Athiss (Dropship Launch Hangar, RF and IF). Level 21.

4. Mandalorian Raiders (Dropship Launch Hangar, RF and IF). Level 25.

5. Cademimu (Dropship Launch Hangar, RF and IF). Level 29.

6a. Taral V (Telos Hangar Deck, RF). Level 33.

6b. Boarding Party (White Nova Hangar Deck, IF). Level 33.

7a. Maelstrom Prison (Telos Hangar Deck, RF). Level 37.

7b. The Foundry (White Nova Hangar Deck, IF). Level 37.

8. Colicoid Wargame (Dropship Launch Hangar, RF and IF). Level 41.

9. The Red Reaper (Dropship Launch Hangar, RF and IF). Level 45.

10a. Directive 7 (Gav Daragon Mission Deck, RF). Level 49.

10b. Directive 7 (Ziost Shadow Mission Deck, IF). Level 49.

11a. The Battle for Ilum (Republic Base, Ilum). Level 50.

11b. The Battle for Ilum (Imperial Base, Ilum). Level 50.

12a. The False Emperor (Republic Base, Ilum). Level 50.

12b. The False Emperor (Imperial Base, Ilum). Level 50.

grade 1 - 10-17

grade 2 - 18-24

grade 3 - 25-32

grade 4 - 33-40

grade 5 - 41-48

grade 6 - 49-50

grade 9 - 51-55

• 3 years later...

As bolster should set you and all the trash mobs at level 70 for FPs my guess is you always get the currently highest level materials now, so grade 10 at the moment.

To farm specific materials you would have to travel to the planets like grade 1 Dromund Kaas, 2 should be Balmorra or Nar Shadaa and so on.

As bolster should set you and all the trash mobs at level 70 for FPs my guess is you always get the currently highest level materials now, so grade 10 at the moment.

To farm specific materials you would have to travel to the planets like grade 1 Dromund Kaas, 2 should be Balmorra or Nar Shadaa and so on.

In Solo/Vet BT and SLS, you're reverse-bolstered to level 10...

In solo and VM I am unable to scavenge at all...only MM

Was that answering me about BT/SLS? Because as a general statement, it's wrong. Just last night I got Polished Chanlon and the other Polished thingy in Veteran Manaan, and the day before in Veteran Battle for Ilum.

Was that answering me about BT/SLS? Because as a general statement, it's wrong. Just last night I got Polished Chanlon and the other Polished thingy in Veteran Manaan, and the day before in Veteran Battle for Ilum.

All I know is that whenever I try to scavenge or bio a droid or beast (of silver or better) in a TFP, the system won't let me. Not saying it is universal, just my anecdotal recent experience. I thought it might have been due to a stealth nerf to deter farming, but maybe I am wrong.

All I know is that whenever I try to scavenge or bio a droid or beast (of silver or better) in a TFP, the system won't let me. Not saying it is universal, just my anecdotal recent experience. I thought it might have been due to a stealth nerf to deter farming, but maybe I am wrong.

Were you in a group or solo? It only lets you get the mats off a droid or beast if all the group members picked up the loot from it.

Were you in a group or solo? It only lets you get the mats off a droid or beast if all the group members picked up the loot from it.

A nice and discreet mechanic to stop someone from gathering mats while 3 other players are waiting. ;)

Edited by Mubrak

In a group, no "laser" saying there's loot on the body, but that is probably the reason.

But that is something else I find interesting: I am seeing a lot more players ignoring loot on mobs. Yes, it is only a handful of credits and maybe a gray item, but I am always hearing how players are starved for credits...don't they realize that every credit gathered/saved helps in that effort? I have 850 million in my legacy and yet I still loot EVERY body ALL the time.

A nice and discreet mechanic to stop someone from gathering mats while 3 other players are waiting. ;)

When done excessively (gathering from EVERY body that drops) this can be annoying, but when done discreetly and on a limited basis (in a mass of dead bodies I will scav/BA one of them), it is not a problem (to me).

In a group, no "laser" saying there's loot on the body, but that is probably the reason.

But that is something else I find interesting: I am seeing a lot more players ignoring loot on mobs. Yes, it is only a handful of credits and maybe a gray item, but I am always hearing how players are starved for credits...don't they realize that every credit gathered/saved helps in that effort? I have 850 million in my legacy and yet I still loot EVERY body ALL the time.

I usually do too, but since area loot is bugged when playing in groups so often now, most of the time only the first player looting gets his stuff with one click, the others would have to click each mob to loot. As credits are shared anyway if one person loots, for the odd gray item left in there nowadays most people just don't bother. The times when there was a nice bonus of green and gray items to sell in FPs are gone since 4.0 unfortunately.

With cxp tokens and crates clucking up the inventory too, some players may just not have enough space left. For example half of my main characters inventor is used for toys, if I'm running crafting and gathering missions while playing, the inventory space left for cheap gray stuff is quite limited. And compared to the rest the few gray items are just not worth enough.

Some of my guildies routinely ignore mob drops and loot only the bosses. I assume they're doing this for "speed" but it's something I've gotten used to whenever I run FPs with these particular guildies. I'm in the same mindset you are... I try to loot every body all the time, but when I run with these guildies I often skip any they aren't gold, just so they're not waiting for me.

I usually do too, but since area loot is bugged when playing in groups so often now, most of the time only the first player looting gets his stuff with one click, the others would have to click each mob to loot. As credits are shared anyway if one person loots, for the odd gray item left in there nowadays most people just don't bother. The times when there was a nice bonus of green and gray items to sell in FPs are gone since 4.0 unfortunately.

With cxp tokens and crates clucking up the inventory too, some players may just not have enough space left. For example half of my main characters inventor is used for toys, if I'm running crafting and gathering missions while playing, the inventory space left for cheap gray stuff is quite limited. And compared to the rest the few gray items are just not worth enough.

Even though credits are shared, there are times that every member of the group has to loot in order for all the credits to be acquired. I'm not sure why this happens, but I've seen it many times. Could have something to do with the area loot bug.

In my experience, silver mobs in flashpoints are 'shared loot' and only need one person to loot them (thus sharing the credits with the group or letting everyone bid on a green drop) before they can be harvested, while most gold mobs have 'individual loot' even if they only drop credits and so everyone has to loot it before it can be harvested.

Bit of a pain in the neck that it does that when it's just credits, but c'est la vie.

God I hate that. Trying to farm a beast or droid and someone hasn't looted. Or simply getting the coin and/ or gear... NOPE

Edited by BenduKundalini

There is not "laser" tag if you picked up your loot but others haven't picked up theirs.

On looting vs not looting - well, obviously I loot on gathering toons, not on others. I agree that some money can be made, but the time is lost. 3 s for loot in FP/OP is ridiculously long and slows down. 0.5s should be just fine or even instant gather.

Not looting will allow more time to be used for another mission, specially in case of looting in heroics.

But back to the original topic, grades of mats in FPs?