Dear EA, A suggestion

Ivy_Blackrose

your cash shop is a marvelous thing, I really like the way your system works and I like the fact that I can buy something for one character and then unlock it for ALL characters for a little more, this is evidenced by the fact that in the 3 weeks I have been playing the game again I have spent about 300 dollars, between me and my wife. tonight we ran into a problem.....

I bought the GX-1 Onslaught for my character for the price of 18 dollars and went to unlock it as always for all the characters on my account, only to find out that it is in fact not available for my entire account, and that I would have to pay 18 dollars per character in order to get it.....with 12 characters this comes out to 216.00 total to unlock ONE ship to continue my enjoyment of collecting everything in your cash shop, this is not acceptable to me or my wife and quite honestly I will not buy anything else from the cash shop if this is the kind of thing we are going to be doing especially on high ticket (price) items. it would be greatly appreciated if you add these to unlock status because quite honestly I want to spend money in your cash shop but it has to be a valid purchase, otherwise I will just have to decide not to spend more money.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your cash shop is a marvelous thing, I really like the way your system works and I like the fact that I can buy something for one character and then unlock it for ALL characters for a little more, this is evidenced by the fact that in the 3 weeks I have been playing the game again I have spent about 300 dollars, between me and my wife. tonight we ran into a problem.....

I bought the GX-1 Onslaught for my character for the price of 18 dollars and went to unlock it as always for all the characters on my account, only to find out that it is in fact not available for my entire account, and that I would have to pay 18 dollars per character in order to get it.....with 12 characters this comes out to 216.00 total to unlock ONE ship to continue my enjoyment of collecting everything in your cash shop, this is not acceptable to me or my wife and quite honestly I will not buy anything else from the cash shop if this is the kind of thing we are going to be doing especially on high ticket (price) items. it would be greatly appreciated if you add these to unlock status because quite honestly I want to spend money in your cash shop but it has to be a valid purchase, otherwise I will just have to decide not to spend more money.

Before I start discussing the topic, I suggest you post this in the Cartel Market Suggestion forum. It would be better suited there.

And now onto the topic at hand. Ships for GSF have been like this since it first launched (last year). People went on the forum and talked about it, suggesting that it should be an unlock for the whole account or be unlockable in collections, but it never happened. So, I really doubt they'd change it now.

well its a pity, like I said I really enjoy spending my money in game, but if I am not going ot be able to spend it my way then I wont spend it at all, which is a shame. I havent seen a game with this good of a cash shop in a long time. hate to not be able to shop in it anymore because they want to try and be greedy over something so small. I would end up spending the 280 dollars anyways in other areas of the shop, it would be much smarter to let me pay 5 dollars more or whatever to unlock that ONE ship for my entire account because I would then probably buy MORE ships for my account, especially if they put in the original star wars tie fighter and X-wing, but unfortunately according to what your saying I will have to speak with my wallet. by closing it.

also why is there no aspirator for light armor wearers OR on the Republic side? that seems just silly, the aspirator mouth piece is a signature piece of star wars, it needs to be made much more available than it is.

Edited by Ivy_Blackrose
addendum

(...) also why is there no aspirator for light armor wearers OR on the Republic side? that seems just silly, the aspirator mouth piece is a signature piece of star wars, it needs to be made much more available than it is.

I think you mean "respirator". Also... Of sorts anyway.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

well its a pity, like I said I really enjoy spending my money in game, but if I am not going ot be able to spend it my way then I wont spend it at all, which is a shame. I havent seen a game with this good of a cash shop in a long time. hate to not be able to shop in it anymore because they want to try and be greedy over something so small. I would end up spending the 280 dollars anyways in other areas of the shop, it would be much smarter to let me pay 5 dollars more or whatever to unlock that ONE ship for my entire account because I would then probably buy MORE ships for my account, especially if they put in the original star wars tie fighter and X-wing, but unfortunately according to what your saying I will have to speak with my wallet. by closing it.

also why is there no aspirator for light armor wearers OR on the Republic side? that seems just silly, the aspirator mouth piece is a signature piece of star wars, it needs to be made much more available than it is.

So... did you actually play the game or just go "shopping"?

That seems a bit beyond the point, don't you think?

As long as people are having fun, they may do as they please, including "shopping". :p

Eh... I'm not against the CM shop at all. But, unless the OP is trolling, I do sincerely believe it hurts the game in the long run if newer players are approaching SWTOR like this.

Eating hamburgers and getting mad when people eat cheeseburgers because you can't afford the extra luxury.

Wow - so now not only do you know what I enjoy in playing a video game, but also how much money I make?

You do realize I am not someone you know, right? Otherwise, that's basically psychotic.

How so?

It replaces an MMORPG (game being key) with primarily the contents of pack shipments.

The latter adds to the base game in a great way. But if new players are focusing in the first 3 weeks they are playing on pack contents or generally "shopping," they are less likely becoming as engaged with the various class and planetary stories, exposing themselves to the 20 different skill trees (40 if you count the mirrors) and how combat really works in SWTOR, trying out PvP and understanding each WZ well, learning how to play a preferred AC properly in a group setting, and, globally, the multitude systems that were and continue to be developed.

I believe this leads to folks that are worse for the game in the long run, because many simply aren't as engaged with playing it. This can affect everything from subscriber retention, player aptitude, or even content development.

It replaces an MMORPG (game being key) with primarily the contents of pack shipments.

The latter adds to the base game in a great way. But if new players are focusing in the first 3 weeks they are playing on pack contents or generally "shopping," they are less likely becoming as engaged with the various class and planetary stories, exposing themselves to the 20 different skill trees (40 if you count the mirrors) and how combat really works in SWTOR, trying out PvP and understanding each WZ well, learning how to play a preferred AC properly in a group setting, and, globally, the multitude systems that were and continue to be developed.

I believe this leads to folks that are worse for the game in the long run, because many simply aren't as engaged with playing it. This can affect everything from subscriber retention, player aptitude, or even content development.

I disagree. Some players such as myself pride ourselves on our appearance for our Avatars. The CM offers a multitude of various clothing. A player that looks good will be more likely to be engaged in their story.

the CM attacted me and my wife to the game and like I have said int he 3 weeks we have spent here we have both subbed bought the expansions and spent 300 bux in the CM how does that hurt the game in ANY way?

It may contribute to the game's financial success, but it hurts the game in that it encourages eaware to invest more into milking a relatively small number of people for cosmetic item purchases, rather than improving the actual game and making it more desirable to real gamers that prefer to actually pve and pvp rather than just play dress up and house.

It may contribute to the game's financial success, but it hurts the game in that it encourages eaware to invest more into milking a relatively small number of people for cosmetic item purchases, rather than improving the actual game and making it more desirable to real gamers that prefer to actually pve and pvp rather than just play dress up and house.

I doubt it's a small number of people.

I played this game back when it was pay to play and the cash shop was a small entity and you know what? it was boring as heck, matter a fact it was so boring that I left the game after 3 weeks of playing, I had 2 characters to level 50 and I just wasn't interested in the game anymore. now I have come back to the game for Strongholds because I Love housing, it is one of the mainr eason I play MMORPGS, and I can guarantee you there are a LOT of other gamers just like me who love Housing as well, that being said it was brilliant to add it to the game, also the cash shop we have here, is one of the BEST Free 2 Play cash shops in the MMORPG world, being the ONLY one of its kind that allows u to actually pay a % more to unlock items for your entire account, THESE two factors ALONE brought me back to the game, and how engaging they are or arent is what will make me STAY or LEAVE, oh and btw since I came back I have gotten full pvp gear full 162/180 raid gear in 3 weeks and all 4 strongholds, so yeah HOW is the CM ruining the game for me and others like me again? just curious

What brings you to this belief? It seems to be born of a bias against F2P games that are prevalent among long-term MMO players. But I'm having a hard time understanding the mechanics behind this assumption you make. People are easily able to enjoy all the things you consider most important while still enjoying buying things from the cash shop. There are literally hundreds of games that prove this everyday. So whence comes this belief.