speed hacking allowed in swtor?

Ivy_Blackrose

so i went into a pvp bg today and as soon as the fight started everyone in our group was completely locked up for like 20 seconds, we stopped being locked up and we were all dead. round 2 same thing fight started total lockup and then we were all dead. I am thinking speedhack or some other type of exploit

I'd say run FRAPS or some other tool to capture video.

First off - SWTOR doesn't seem to take hacking in PVP very seriously. As we keep seeing it more often as those doing it continue to hack. Especially with the conquest event underway.

A VIDEO on the other hand... LOG a ticket and link it offline inside the ticket. DO NOT POST IN FORUMS the link as they will just ding your account for reporting and "NAMING THE SHAMERS" which I think should be allowed, but they at BW/EA don't.

its not allowed. I had a guild mate a few months back who got banned for it, I had no idea he did that crap but he did speed hack when he thought no one was around. Bioware does take it seriously mind you and they will ban you for it, he found out the hard way and lost several alts he worked months on.

What a stupid and misleading title. Yes, all software developers allow hacking, not just Bioware. Also, 91% (made-up statistic) of people who think someone is hacking just don't know how to play (ie Transcendence, Force Speed, etc).

Snarkiness and condescension aside, it *is* true that most people who think there's a hacker when there really isn't a hacker. I've been here since launch and have only experienced real hacking a few times in PvP and a few times in PvE with chest-farmers warping around Belsavis.

Your particular issue sounds very far-fetched (they hacked whatever server your on to lag all of you at once) and without any evidence to support it I can't say anything else other than create a ticket. At the very least you could have take a screenshot of the scoreboard and checked out the other players to see if any of them show up the rest of your PvP session for that day if it really concerned you that much.