Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please Keith, how is the average player supposed to report cheats with Alt code names

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please Keith, how is the average player supposed to report cheats with Alt code names

TrixxieTriss
07.12.2018 , 02:12 AM | #1
Keith, I posted questions about any new reporting mechanisms with 5.9.2, but Musco hasn’t responded. I’m hoping you will.
I remember reading or hearing you say that you would look into easier ways for people to report cheats in the game. But that was 6-9 months ago and we’ve heard nothing since.

This is especially pertinent when you have players with hyphened / accented letters in their name. It is very hard for the average player to work out what they are and how to make them so they can report the name accurately.

Point in fact, we just had a player cheating in Quesh Ball. But every letter in his 14 letter name was an Alt code, not just one or two letters, but every single one. And most were different, even the ones that looked the similar we’re different Alt codes.

Nobody will report him because no one can replicate the name accurately.

We need a better system than we currently do. It needs to be streamlined and easy for the average player to work out.

INB4 people ask me what the hack or cheat was. I’m not going to discuss it because it’s been said before. The purpose of this thread is to draw Keith’s eye and find out if he is going to deliver us a better way to. Report.

Lhancelot
07.12.2018 , 08:16 AM | #2
I had this happen. Dude had a name similar to Darth Maul, obviously was alt-coded. I couldn't report him very easily either the ticket to report cheats/hacks is tedious at best.

I ended up reporting him for harassment as that ticket is very easy to open, and then filled out a second one later and explained the harassment ticket was to report the hacker and i typed the name out without the alt-code.

They need to streamline the process to report hacks/cheats seeing it actually is fairly prevalent now. I never talked about hacks in the past, I honestly believe 2 years ago they were ultra rare.

My stance has changed on hack/cheats frequency now, because I have seen 3 in 2 weeks. 3 more than I had ever seen in years. So it's real, players are using them more than ever before.

I honestly viewed many of the complaints in the past as simply mistaken identity when people pointed out hacks years ago, I knew they existed I seen JeZ vids so that was proof alone, but I honestly never witnessed them in person.

Now, I have seen one guy port to the node and cap it before the match even began on our team with 2-3 commenting "really bro you got to do that?" and then I seen 2 of the same type of hacks where in huttball the cheater took fall damage before the match even began and then grabbed the ball as soon as it spawned.

These are not me mistaking what I am seeing they are blatant hacks and I am not the only one in the match witnessing them. Others see them, comment on it, and have been reporting the offenders.

TL;DR

The hacking/cheating report process needs streamlined it's way too tedious and hard to report especially when the offender has an alt-code name.
Star Forge Suffocates Danico

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt

lightSaberAddiCt
07.12.2018 , 09:47 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Keith, I posted questions about any new reporting mechanisms with 5.9.2, but Musco hasn’t responded. I’m hoping you will.
I remember reading or hearing you say that you would look into easier ways for people to report cheats in the game. But that was 6-9 months ago and we’ve heard nothing since.

This is especially pertinent when you have players with hyphened / accented letters in their name. It is very hard for the average player to work out what they are and how to make them so they can report the name accurately.

Point in fact, we just had a player cheating in Quesh Ball. But every letter in his 14 letter name was an Alt code, not just one or two letters, but every single one. And most were different, even the ones that looked the similar we’re different Alt codes.

Nobody will report him because no one can replicate the name accurately.

We need a better system than we currently do. It needs to be streamlined and easy for the average player to work out.

INB4 people ask me what the hack or cheat was. I’m not going to discuss it because it’s been said before. The purpose of this thread is to draw Keith’s eye and find out if he is going to deliver us a better way to. Report.
All you have to do is right click there name, choose whisper, then you can highlight the name in text box and copy it and paste into report.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

phalczen
07.12.2018 , 09:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
All you have to do is right click there name, choose whisper, then you can highlight the name in text box and copy it and paste into report.
Sometimes, when I do that, the alt-code characters show up as solid boxes, and if I try to send a whisper, I get an error message. So, something is getting lost in the process.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Lhancelot
07.12.2018 , 01:03 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
"all you have to do."
Star Forge Suffocates Danico

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt

xordevoreaux
07.12.2018 , 06:42 PM | #6
screen shot it, load it to your imgur account, send imgur link in CS ticket.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).