DPS...Learn to kill the heals.

Danosis

Time and time again i enter a WZ and see the enemy team with 2-4 heals, and time and time again im the only dps marking and trying to burn them down. People if you just stand there and dps another dps without burning their healer, what do you think is gonna happen? Oh your dps is wasted from the heals he is getting, and then youre the only person on them and you are wasting space on our team. Another thing, Bioware fix it so one team doesnt get 4 heals to 0 heals on opposite team...plz.

That's one of the biggest advantages a premade has over a PUG. Even marking a healer, you need to coordinate to attack one healer, while trying to keep the DPS from killing your attackers at the same time. 1 DPS isn't going to be able to take down a healer backed by other healers and DPS, that DPS will just get stomped instead.

Acquire target's target never seems to work either, at least when I try it (I supposed it's possible my teammates just aren't attacking or something, I don't know). It's just so much easier and more efficient to do this in vent, and call out which target marker to attack in sequence.

A good PUG group will sometimes ffire anyway, in which case it doesn't even matter if there is a healer. It's actually more efficient to CC the healer, and as long as the DPS isn't a Mara, to just focus it down quickly instead of changing targets.

Don't you think that they should learn to protect the heals first? Everytime I'm in a WZ healing I'm left unprotected with people crying about "Where are my Heals" Well your healer is getting his brains pounded out while dps posers are emoting at dead players. C'mon! Healing wins in pvp - protect your healer!

It really is amazing when people ignore the healers.

It's like a carrot dangling in front of them: that DPSer on the other team that almost keeps dying....maybe they DPS him a little bit harder they can kill him before he gets healed...

Something I've started doing that seems to hit some subconscious button in pug DPSers telling them to focus fire the target: whirlwind/lift a healer, then attack another target until the healer either gets out or a couple people decide it's a good idea to break CC at the same time.

It's not any CC that works, just a very visible one. If you have a skill like that, try it out. It's very very strange, but gets the job done. Probably related to the pugger need to break CC in hardmodes, put to better use in warzones.

Somebody please make a tutorial for new upcoming pvprs or just players in general. There has to be one out there, but marking/targeting healers for dps. Shielding your healer from tanks, and using taunts/debuffs and utilizing CC.

The misuse of CC from players can hurt a team tremendously, alot of people freak out and use their stuns, filling up resolve bars only to still be defeated.

Also a video to defending a node/door or a defending a player capping a node/door. Alot of players are visual learners, i would do this, but i lack the equipment to make such videos.

Just my thoughts.

Absolutely. My goal is to teach the Republic on my server to focus healers. I don't have any idea how I am going to do this yet. So far it's just repeatedly pointing out how important it is in WZ chat.

On my server (Veela) there is a very high dependence on which players you get in a WZ. There are players I know are good and I trust, and then those I have never heard of. Usually, the players who are good understand and handle it relatively well. The rest, well... they ignore them altogether. It's especially important on this server because one very prominent Imperial guild has adopted a strategy since the patch of bringing 3 healers into a warzone and keeping everyone alive indefinitely. They were always healer heavy, but now it's absurd. :)

I make it my goal to just lock onto the opponent healer and harass them the entire time. At least keep him out of the game if I can't kill him. Sometimes there are 2 or 3 and nobody else pays attention regardless of how much I (or others) ask them to, so I will try to swap between targets interrupting one so he can't heal the one I'm trying to burst down before swapping back to attack. I'm getting better at it, but its no replacement for other DPSers going after the other healers.

i know as a shadow it is annoying to see my healers gettin hit and im protecting my healer, no other classes are on thiers..

when it comes to a 1v1 peopel let the play heal just to see if i can still kill them, i get more points they get more points we get more medals... this is probably the outlook people have in there heads rather then reaching the objective people just focus on solo rewards and if the team wins from it then great.

i think at the start of every WZ anyone going to heal could label themselves as a healer if its not clearly defined, it helps team play greatly in many of the WZ platforms.

It really is amazing when people ignore the healers. It's like a carrot dangling in front of them: that DPSer on the other team that almost keeps dying....maybe they DPS him a little bit harder they can kill him before he gets healed...

lol.... aint that the truth. I often see a marked healer, healing multiple team-mates keeping them at 1/3 life yet my team-mates (if i get a terrible pug) still try to dps them down over and over and over its like.... "just alittle more I got this pri*** , darn he got a heal? well hes almost down ... ive got him now!!!"

on a side note (slightly related) , ive been crying about the merc healing changes from 1.2 all over the forums. but the last couple days ive really renewed my effort, and im seeing some reward (its just a different type of reward than the pre 1.2 god mode I'll take you all on heal tank ftw ).

I did a novare coast today where me and the other healer on our team both healed about 240k each (nothing super but enough to do our jobs.), but what i was really suprised at was the combined efforts of guarding and taunting skills of our tanks, and the dps focusing that made us able to contribute to the group effectively.

it just worked. taunts, guard. focus dps. knock backs, constantly cc'ing targets that were gunning for us. (several players on several occasions stopped what they were doing to defend us). . when people play their classes effectively the healing support class becomes effective. (thats my new outlook on the healing changes)

it worked so well that some people thought we were a premade, but it was just a team that knew their role and how to play their own characters. we won that match 100 / 0 but it was more than just a win it was a emphatic victory, and Id have to say one of the most fun warzones (with skilled players) Ive ever healed, in my 64 valor ranks of pvp.

so 1.2 healing changes.. not so grim after all....

Edited by falcon_Xtreme

Somebody please make a tutorial for new upcoming pvprs or just players in general. There has to be one out there, but marking/targeting healers for dps. Shielding your healer from tanks, and using taunts/debuffs and utilizing CC.

The misuse of CC from players can hurt a team tremendously, alot of people freak out and use their stuns, filling up resolve bars only to still be defeated.

Also a video to defending a node/door or a defending a player capping a node/door. Alot of players are visual learners, i would do this, but i lack the equipment to make such videos.

Just my thoughts.

This.

I would love such material.

I'm not very good at pvp, but I want to learn. (some) People yell L2P every chance they get, but so few ppl actually take the time to explain/teach.

Sure, some players are simply not interested in getting help and think they are god and whoever is better than them is clearly overpowered, while they are invariably playing the underpowered class etc etc etc.

But there are others, like me, who welcome instructions.

• 4 weeks later...
i think at the start of every WZ anyone going to heal could label themselves as a healer if its not clearly defined, it helps team play greatly in many of the WZ platforms.

That would be awesome. Quite often i end up guarding an operative or an sorcerer, and they turn out to be DPS so i just guard a Marauder or someone instead who's actually going at it. It's sad though that you can sometimes see a couple of blokes doing all the AoE heals before the WZ starts, and then the only one guarding them is yours truly. I'm not even Immortal spec...so sad. A little guarding goes a long way.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes you have to hard switch to dps/tanks to burst down if the healers are heavily guarded though. That's the only time i'm not on a healer...

Also a good DPS knows when bad healers get scared and only tunnel vision and heal themselves...there are ALOT of bad healers in this game that only heal themselves when they take the slightest bit of damage and fail miserably to multi-task and heal teammates too. When I detect this i'll blow their dps up right in front of them and enjoy every minute of it.