Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to defeat Lord Vivicar?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
How to defeat Lord Vivicar?

PiiTarr
05.03.2019 , 01:23 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by DeeTheMummy View Post
I'm a lvl. 29 Jedi Shadow and just trying to beat an opponent with an HP level that hasn't given me trouble before. Except whenever I engage Vivicar, Saber Strike and Project (the most basic abilities) are the only abilities that do damage against him. Also I keep hearing that his Force Crush can be stopped by using interrupts, but whenever I cast an interrupt it doesn't work. I heard someone say that I should just run around and use fixed explosives and kolto tanks, but those are nowhere to be found.

My problem is that I'm going in against an opponent with a one-shot kill ability with most of my own abilities seemingly disabled and no equalizing perks in the room for me to use once my companion is too dead to keep healing me. What to do?
As others in this thread have pointed out, your level is too low to fight him without it being incredibly difficult. Your best option is go to level up and try it again. I can't remember his level off the top of my head (and don't have the time to search the thread to see if it's here somewhere) but generally speaking, if an NPC is 5 levels above your character's level (or more) it's extremely difficult to hit them, let alone do meaningful damage quickly enough to kill them before they kill your companion and you. I'd suggest running some heroics to get yourself closer to his level (which will also net you some gear).

DarthJasper
05.30.2020 , 08:42 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by DeeTheMummy View Post
I'm a lvl. 29 Jedi Shadow and just trying to beat an opponent with an HP level that hasn't given me trouble before. Except whenever I engage Vivicar, Saber Strike and Project (the most basic abilities) are the only abilities that do damage against him. Also I keep hearing that his Force Crush can be stopped by using interrupts, but whenever I cast an interrupt it doesn't work. I heard someone say that I should just run around and use fixed explosives and kolto tanks, but those are nowhere to be found.

My problem is that I'm going in against an opponent with a one-shot kill ability with most of my own abilities seemingly disabled and no equalizing perks in the room for me to use once my companion is too dead to keep healing me. What to do?
that sad..for sure you are no longer active playing swtor
I am a Sith but I served the Jedi Council.For peace of the entire galaxy. I am Darth Jasper.
Server: Bastion
Account Creation Date: 04.10.10