is there goin to be a chapter 4

eleusiszero

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't this come with an Expansion, if they ever did make one? They'd need to have at least two more planets for us to mission on in order to raise the Level Cap. Probably more like we'd need a Level Cap raise of ten levels, probably needing about five more planets.

Wouldn't this come with an Expansion, if they ever did make one?

Well, there's some talk now that Makeb is going to be sold as an expansion, and they've said there is no class-specific story content in Makeb, but maybe they will add class-story content if they do decide to make it an expansion.

Unless they intend to completely ignore the latest SW book the class stories are done, and with it the game.

I sincerely do not take pleasure in saying this, as I've continued to support the game and want to see it grow into something epic, but I doubt they have any intention to pour more money into the game but instead, simply milk it for every penny like what's happened with every single MMO EA has had any influence in and continuing the class stories would take a large amount of resources.

I mean, the silence about the topic of class stories and the complete absence of any statements regarding the story aspect of this game speaks for itself.

Edited by Jandi

Unless they intend to completely ignore the latest SW book the class stories are done, and with it the game.

I sincerely do not take pleasure in saying this, as I've continued to support the game and want to see it grow into something epic, but I doubt they have any intention to pour more money into the game but instead, simply milk it for every penny like what's happened with every single MMO EA has had any influence in and continuing the class stories would take a large amount of resources.

I mean, the silence about the topic of class stories and the complete absence of any statements regarding the story aspect of this game speaks for itself.

I hate to say it, but I'm starting to think you are right and if so I'll probably quit the game completely. I've been following TOR since 2008, but if they don't continue the class stories there is no point in sticking around. I can find better endgame content in other MMOs. I play for the story and if Bioware isn't going to deliver on their promises of continuing the class stories then there is really no point in me playing and I doubt I'm alone.

You're not alone. I am an adult with a family and can't sacrifice the time for ops. You could say 'MMO's aren't for you if you don't have the time' and you may well be right... But TOR managed to keep me playing with it's story and the occasional flash point and PVP... but If the class stories are going the way of the dodo then it's time to take my money elsewhere.

And from all indications, that's exactly what is happening.

Edited by maxetius

Just a random thought, but how many years was it between WoW expansions. How long did it take for Burning Crusade to come out after WoW was first launched? Different game I know but perhaps this might gauge how long we need to wait before they put any new real content in like 2.0 and hopefully more story.

Just a random thought, but how many years was it between WoW expansions. How long did it take for Burning Crusade to come out after WoW was first launched? Different game I know but perhaps this might gauge how long we need to wait before they put any new real content in like 2.0 and hopefully more story.

The industry, and the potential market, has changed drastically since then. It's irrelevant what the time frames were back then.

I thought daniel erickson said something about makeb adding more story before he left BioWare.

Story, sure. Class story, no. Which what this thread is about. You can say that there's story in section X as well.

E: And besides, what Daniel said before he was fired has no bearing on anything. In fact, anything anyone said before the mass firings can be forgotten completely. Their focus has shifted drastically.

Edited by Jandi

I don't personally think their focus shifted drastically in the specific instance of Makeb. Makeb is supposed to bring a level cap increase, which to me means more class story. I could be wrong here, but if you're going to add enough content to raise the level cap, there better be story content. In the game so far, every planet you went through had class story, this should be no different.

I don't personally think their focus shifted drastically in the specific instance of Makeb. Makeb is supposed to bring a level cap increase, which to me means more class story. I could be wrong here, but if you're going to add enough content to raise the level cap, there better be story content. In the game so far, every planet you went through had class story, this should be no different.

They've stated that Makeb will not add any class story, only planet arc that is shared between everyone, like every other planet has. That's why people are getting worried and/or angry.

and honestly, if you follow the nay-sayers you would know its just a small group of trolls who are in love with galaxies and desperately want a sandbox, we may get some sandbox features but until this game is galaxies 2.0

So...the 1.4M players that left were all from Galaxies? If that's true, then maybe TOR should have included more sandbox features! Nope, most of those 1.4M as well as most haters here are WoW kiddies. I know that you might not understand this, but please bear with me. There are more "WoW vs SWTOR" threads than there are "SWG vs SWTOR". Make no mistakes, SWG was a Star Wars MMO. SWTOR is a generic themepark MMO wrapped in a Star Wars skin. That's why TOR is forgettable and SWG so memorable. In Galaxies, you could actually live in the Star Wars universe. In TOR, you can only enjoy the rides.

Now, you might say, "If you're so critical on SWTOR, why are you here?" Because even if it's a Star Wars skin, it's still Star Wars. Plus I like stories. When I get 8 50s, then maybe I'll consider quitting, but as long as there's an RP community, I doubt I'll be going anywhere anytime soon.