Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck on a class to play.(returning player)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Stuck on a class to play.(returning player)

Ccgv
07.28.2016 , 07:32 PM | #1
I'll say this, I've played every imp to 60. I loved my BH merc to death, but I hate being on the empire.(Its silly but I like to "rp" as i play through the game.) I really enjoyed marauder, playing the underplayed class and always getting in the top with pvp. Can't say i liked anything else, Agent was fun because of its hard hitting number.

Basically I'm trying to find a pub class to play, I'm playing vanguard currently. (54) but I feel like i'm lacking something with the class. I feel like my only good damage is grenades. I'm thinking of a sentinel because I enjoyed that style a lot, but how are they currently? Last I played a marauder we were known as the worst pvp class.

If it helps, I enjoy a hard hitting class. tankyness doesn't really matter to me, since I played a marauder a little back. I also like a class thats hard, but I don't know if anything changed a lot.

Thanks guys!
New or returning player? Click on this link to get a free 7 day sub and more stuff, it also helps me!
http://www.swtor.com/r/V7qPjL

leofilka
07.28.2016 , 07:48 PM | #2
try telekinetic sage, you can hadouken all day long
Free Nice Goodies for new player, previous sub or subscriber click here

Rolodome
07.28.2016 , 08:02 PM | #3
If you don't mind repeating stuff, you could do Commando (Merc's mirror class). I've heard of it having problems in ranked 65 PvP, but it certainly hits hard if you play right as I'm sure you found with your BH.

Do you care much about things like AoE radius? Are you planning to PvE much or just PvP most of the way through?

king_nile
07.28.2016 , 08:04 PM | #4
Well if you enjoy playing your bounty hunter, I'd suggest going smuggler. If you don't want to be a part of the Empire, the smuggler lives on the fringe of respectable society so you don't feel attached to the Republic much either. The smuggler also gives you good options between stealth/dps/heals, and of course good vs evil which makes the class really fun. I'm replaying as a light side character right now and it feels like a new story TBH. Cheers and GL!
Click this Referral Link for free stuffs
Quote:
"You've never known real rage until you've been lectured on controlling your emotions by a four-year old in a robe."
- Guss Tuno

Ccgv
07.28.2016 , 08:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
If you don't mind repeating stuff, you could do Commando (Merc's mirror class). I've heard of it having problems in ranked 65 PvP, but it certainly hits hard if you play right as I'm sure you found with your BH.

Do you care much about things like AoE radius? Are you planning to PvE much or just PvP most of the way through?

I plan to pvp at endgame. As swtor is the only pvp I've ever enjoyed.
New or returning player? Click on this link to get a free 7 day sub and more stuff, it also helps me!
http://www.swtor.com/r/V7qPjL

Diviciacus
07.28.2016 , 08:14 PM | #6
Sentinel/Marauder Watchman/Annihilation is the top DPS spec in the game. Has been for quite some time. Currently, Combat/Carnage is a very close second. They're squishy to some degree; you won't be tanking half the enemy team as a Sentinel/Marauder as you could if you were Guardian/Juggernaut, but you have more than enough defensives to keep yourself alive if your team is halfway competent, and your ability to pressure targets is borderline absurd.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Fylimar
07.29.2016 , 07:27 AM | #7
My personal favorite is and always will be the smuggler. I usually play a Sawbone, but the smuggler is fun as damage dealer too. And has the best storyline imo, if you liked the bounty hunter story and don't like those generic 'Im so evil mhuahaha' Sith- or 'I'm holier than thou'- Jedi storylines
Janei - Marei - Alysane - Taena - Míya - Síona
Alyse - Castíel - Olenna - Lysandra
The Lovecraft Legacy

Holocron
07.29.2016 , 07:34 AM | #8
Assassin is by far one of the most fun classes to play.

^ My referral link above is like a one night stand ^
You'll enjoy it...I'll enjoy it...And no one has to sneak out

DirtyDiggler
07.29.2016 , 09:46 AM | #9
I like Jugger/Guardian..... really all i play
FREE stuff, and in-game REWARDS, Click my link, 7 FREE days of sub,

FREE STUFF CLICK HERE

ikinai
07.29.2016 , 09:50 AM | #10
SabSlinger fo' lyfe yo. You got two turntables and a microphone, well, actually it's two guns, but yeah, two turntables and a microphone, where it's at. Especially now that you get a decent healer if needed, not that you really do anymore, just DPS the homewreck.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.