Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guilds in SWTOR post 4.0

BelenUmeria
07.27.2016 , 07:58 AM | #1
I launched my guild on Shadowlands with the game. We started as a Republic guild then added an Imperial guild a few months later so that we could keep the players in the family. Post 4.0, I have just let the guilds wither. There is nothing for us to do.

It is no secret that guilds have been largely ignored by Bioware. The new features released a few months ago were nice but I cannot even begin to explain how screwed up guild ship management continues to be. Assigning keys is a nightmare and you cannot even sort the names alphabetically. Hell, it would be nice if key management could be tied to rank so that veteran members just got a silver key when promoted.

When guild ships were first announced, it was great. My guild farmed 230 million credits in the 6 months ahead of the launch. We bought the ships day one and then spent the next year conquesting until we had both completely unlocked. We finished unlocking it prior to 4.0 and I can safely say that my guilds have the best looking ships per faction on the server.

Post 4.0, there is nothing for us to do as a guild. We have won every planet and unlocked every room. We have completed all the raids. Our leadership was largely burned out by conquest and recruiting has been a nightmare since Kotfe.

Why has Kotfe been a nightmare for us? It is because it is difficult to find decent players that want to contribute. We have no trouble teaching raids or content but most players just want the guild xp etc. The few who may want to progress have no desire to put in the time to learn. They want it handed to them.

You have to recruit 10 times the numbers in 4.0 era to find 1-2 decent players and even the decent ones have no desire to lead or contribute.

I cannot find decent players or folks that want to progress in the guild. I cannot replace my burned out officers with people who will reinvigorate the guilds.

Personally, I do not like Kotfe and I have zero desire to spend the 20-30 hours per week needed to rebuild.

Kotfe has been a guild slayer.

The least Bioware could do to help guilds would have been to expand non-operation activities. New decks like an operations hangar deck for our flagship, fleet vendors we could unlock etc would have given us something to work for but we have nothing and the guilds are twisting in the wind.

I know some folks like Kotfe but 4.0 has killed group play in SWTOR.

VerpineVSN
07.27.2016 , 08:09 AM | #2
I'm on Shadowlands too, and while the guilds I've been officers in have never been very large, they are mostly dead at this point. I'm one of the few people who kept trying to do group stuff with people and actively recruited, and even so people don't stick around. Additionally, as soon as I have to take a few weeks for a break because of work, the struggling guild dies by the time I get back.

The guild I'm currently in has basically four other players that are on ever and we are just the remnants of the original group that left to make the new guild. And none of them really play anymore. This is really frustrating after having worked so hard to pay for the guild ship and they leave because there isn't anything to tie the group together without spending so much time trying to make something out of what is left of group content in the game. Really makes me miss the days when I could find people in flash points and ops that were genuinely interested in learning the game and participating in guild activities.
Verpine Legacy on The Shadowlands
4/4 EC NiM, 5/5 TFB HM, 6/7 S&V HM, 5/5 DF NiM, 4/5 DP HM, 3/5 Ravagers HM, 4/5 ToS HM, 1/1 CM HM

Rhysling
07.27.2016 , 08:13 AM | #3
I am currently in two Guilds. One is moderate sized. The other though we have so many people, (over 350 active accounts) that we recently started telling current members they can't invite alts because of all the new people we get. On average I would say we have about 4 new recruits every week or so.

RP is a major factor. Plus conquest groups. Heroics. Holding RP events every week. Doing OPS. All these things make for happy members, and keep our numbers very high.

What do you offer your Guild?

TUXs
07.27.2016 , 08:13 AM | #4
I'm not sure if this is due to the lack of group content or the rise of solo play...either way, it's been very harmful to guilds and it's unfortunate.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

DirtyDiggler
07.27.2016 , 08:24 AM | #5
This game has always focused on solo over group content. I think its what it does best.
FREE stuff, and in-game REWARDS, Click my link, 7 FREE days of sub,

FREE STUFF CLICK HERE

Jamtas
07.27.2016 , 08:47 AM | #6
well, our metrics show that when our players log into the game, they are not in groups - so we decided to go solo route as it appears that is what players want more than anything.
the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Peace out.

TUXs
07.27.2016 , 08:50 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamtas View Post
well, our metrics show that when our players log into the game, they are not in groups - so we decided to go solo route as it appears that is what players want more than anything.
Would not surprise me one bit lol. That's how poorly I believe they read metrics.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

ikinai
07.27.2016 , 08:53 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Would not surprise me one bit lol. That's how poorly I believe they read metrics.
I'm telling ya, it's because we Americans refuse to learn the metric system, it's our own fault we can't read metrics.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

Warrgames
07.27.2016 , 09:06 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
I'm telling ya, it's because we Americans refuse to learn the metric system, it's our own fault we can't read metrics.
Reading are hard!!! Need pictures more!!!
"I don't like Tatooine, but I do like saying Tatooine." Theron Shan
Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/fSvsyK Click for free stuff.
"Nonsense repeated doesn't make it truth." Arcaan

TUXs
07.27.2016 , 09:06 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
...../ponder.....