Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New Stronghold


LordDelectus's Avatar


LordDelectus
07.26.2016 , 01:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Collecting is a HUGE part of MMOs, I completely understand that. But a new house doesn't bring back or entice new players...new group content does.
This we can agree on. I would prioritize new ops, new gear levels and a switch up of gear drops over anything else.

I mainly log these days for my twice weekly meeting with my HM ops group, GTN and cartel stuff. The game has gotten stale again and there is no way getting around new content. They pressed the easy button with 4.0 by restoring all the old ops and flashpoints. Now is the time for new content!

crubel's Avatar


crubel
07.26.2016 , 02:12 PM | #12
I never understood why they didn't tie other systems in the game with strongholds. It seems like a missed opportunity that can promote group based activities.

For example, why don't they make certain quests start from a player stronghold? Imagine if you looted a decoration, that when placed, you could interact with and it would give you a daily mission? If the decoration was rare, people would want to know who on the server had a public stronghold with said item so they could partake in the quest. How about when you load into a players stronghold, you automatically get an area quest that progresses based off of the actions of everyone in the instance, regardless of whether or not they are in your group? What if placing certain item types in your stronghold gave you different type of bonuses in the game world, such as having a minimum number of medical type decorations (across all strongholds) would give you a bonus to being healed (but not bonus in war zones).

Perhaps some of those ideas are stupid, I'm just spit balling and have not thought them through. The point is, there could be more to strongholds than what we have right now.
Click below for my referral link! Anyone can use it to get free stuff, such as in game items and 7 free days of subscription.
http://www.swtor.com/r/GVLknx

Details on the referral program are here.
http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

DirtyDiggler's Avatar


DirtyDiggler
07.26.2016 , 02:34 PM | #13
Not everyone likes group content, and it doesn't equal to massive numbers. I recently returned a week ago having stopped playing shortly after release of Knights of the fallen empire.

I came back to finish the story and get new goodies for my house ect.....

I will play a month or so and likely take another break. I have been doing such things since launch as I a day 1 player that was here at launch.

Over 5 years and I still have not done all the ops nor do I have desire to do them. I prefer solo content, pvp, and collecting.....
FREE stuff, and in-game REWARDS, Click my link, 7 FREE days of sub,

FREE STUFF CLICK HERE

DarthSpuds's Avatar


DarthSpuds
07.26.2016 , 02:37 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Collecting is a HUGE part of MMOs, I completely understand that. But a new house doesn't bring back or entice new players...new group content does.
Mmmmm, I resubbed after a break because of the Yavin stronghold.

Then spent a few months worth of CC and credits unlocking it all.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

DarthSpuds's Avatar


DarthSpuds
07.26.2016 , 02:44 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by crubel View Post
I never understood why they didn't tie other systems in the game with strongholds. It seems like a missed opportunity that can promote group based activities.

For example, why don't they make certain quests start from a player stronghold? Imagine if you looted a decoration, that when placed, you could interact with and it would give you a daily mission? If the decoration was rare, people would want to know who on the server had a public stronghold with said item so they could partake in the quest. How about when you load into a players stronghold, you automatically get an area quest that progresses based off of the actions of everyone in the instance, regardless of whether or not they are in your group? What if placing certain item types in your stronghold gave you different type of bonuses in the game world, such as having a minimum number of medical type decorations (across all strongholds) would give you a bonus to being healed (but not bonus in war zones).

Perhaps some of those ideas are stupid, I'm just spit balling and have not thought them through. The point is, there could be more to strongholds than what we have right now.
Yes, the SH could have been tied into all sorts of things.

The Rak/Gree/BBA events for example could all be announced via a news holo terminal on our SHs.
Each class story chapter, and each of the significant chapter breaks post class stories should be awarding a Deco of some kind. Legendary Player should be awarding a centre-piece statue group diorama with an "iconic" member of each class being represented.

They gave us SH and then barely give enough decorations for them, and give us almost no reason to use them.

Allow such things as "crafting stations" that grant a small bonus to crit chances etc, or a Crew Skill Terminal that does the same when gathering missions are initiated through it - add in daily and weekly Crew Skill missions for Crew Skills that can ONLY be initiated via the Crew Skill Terminal etc.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
07.26.2016 , 02:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Mmmmm, I resubbed after a break because of the Yavin stronghold.

Then spent a few months worth of CC and credits unlocking it all.

All The Best
Your point? Are you suggesting that another house would bring back more players like you? How many do you think that is...a handful? A dozen? A hundred? 500?

New group content would dwarf the number who return for a new house.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
07.26.2016 , 02:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Collecting is a HUGE part of MMOs, I completely understand that. But a new house doesn't bring back or entice new players...new group content does.
I don't think you get to decide that for everybody. In fact I can tell you it's one of the things that would bring me back to logging into the game again.

As much as this game needs new group content, don't make it an excuse to be condescending to other people about other activities they like.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
07.26.2016 , 02:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I don't think you get to decide that for everybody. In fact I can tell you it's one of the things that would bring me back to logging into the game again.

As much as this game needs new group content, don't make it an excuse to be condescending to other people about other activities they like.
Decide what? As much as you'd like it if I had been condescending, I wasn't, and I haven't been critical of any activity at all.

What I did say was: "New group content will bring back more people than a new house will."

And I stand by that.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
07.26.2016 , 03:00 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
You really think that THIS is what the game needs right now? Another house we don't go to?
This was the comment I experienced as being condescending.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

DirtyDiggler's Avatar


DirtyDiggler
07.26.2016 , 03:01 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Your point? Are you suggesting that another house would bring back more players like you? How many do you think that is...a handful? A dozen? A hundred? 500?

New group content would dwarf the number who return for a new house.
Better PVP stuff would dwarf that I think, but this game has always failed at pvp
FREE stuff, and in-game REWARDS, Click my link, 7 FREE days of sub,

FREE STUFF CLICK HERE