Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sometimes no xp for mobs

BenduKundalini
07.20.2016 , 06:52 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by IanArgent View Post
That is weird. Not something I can say I noticed; even when my DvL character goes back to OM; but now I'm going to have to start paying attention.

Offhand, I wonder if they're testing something to make botting harder. If you can't get XP on the starter planets from mob kills (only missions), it's going to make it a LOT harder to level bots, with minimal impact to actual players (especially if they up mission completion XP to make up the difference).
Nope it's happened time and again after 4.xx and before the DvL event.

I went adventuring, finished the class quest on Coruscant, did space missions, came back to finish both Public Enemies and the Face Merchants heroics and again, no xp mob.

It's happened to different chars of mine on different servers in northwestern Hutta and in the area of Dromund Kaas with the Personal Challenge heroic as well. So it seems to be localized...

IanArgent
07.20.2016 , 06:58 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BenduKundalini View Post
Nope it's happened time and again after 4.xx and before the DvL event.

I went adventuring, finished the class quest on Coruscant, did space missions, came back to finish both Public Enemies and the Face Merchants heroics and again, no xp mob.

It's happened to different chars of mine on different servers in northwestern Hutta and in the area of Dromund Kaas with the Personal Challenge heroic as well. So it seems to be localized...
That's even more weird.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

PorsaLindahl
07.20.2016 , 07:22 AM | #13
- sending char to another planet = worked on planet 2 (Taris) BUT didn't fix problem on Coruscant

Char is level 32.
The mobs in the first area of Coruscant are level 7-9, so they will be grey and give no xp since you're level sync'd to 17. Any mob less than level 12 won't give you xp on Coruscant.

IanArgent
07.20.2016 , 07:29 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
The mobs in the first area of Coruscant are level 7-9, so they will be grey and give no xp since you're level sync'd to 17. Any mob less than level 12 won't give you xp on Coruscant.
Of course! That makes a lot of sense. Same with OM/Hutta - there are L1 and 2 mobs there and you're synced to 10.

BenduKundalini
07.20.2016 , 08:28 AM | #15
Makes sense, I'll have to double check. I was just doing some on Taris, didn't pay attention to the level of mobs or of sync but got xp all the way...

Shirvington
07.20.2016 , 08:32 AM | #16
If the level of the mob is gray to you, you won't get any exp from it, regardless of level sync. Sometimes your level gets synced too high to get exp from some mobs on a planet.

If you have any doubts, target a mob and look at its level. Gray = no exp.

PorsaLindahl
07.20.2016 , 09:01 PM | #17
Makes sense, I'll have to double check. I was just doing some on Taris, didn't pay attention to the level of mobs or of sync but got xp all the way...
After the Starter & Capitol Planets, the levels aren't so stretched out (only 3-4 levels) so you'll be at the top end (synced) while the mobs will still be green and you'll get xp from them.

BW really needs to modify their level sync by the zones on a planet rather than planet-wide for the Starter and Capitol Planets

BenduKundalini
07.20.2016 , 10:57 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Shirvington View Post
If the level of the mob is gray to you, you won't get any exp from it, regardless of level sync. Sometimes your level gets synced too high to get exp from some mobs on a planet.

If you have any doubts, target a mob and look at its level. Gray = no exp.
I'll pay attention now, thanks!

After the Starter & Capitol Planets, the levels aren't so stretched out (only 3-4 levels) so you'll be at the top end (synced) while the mobs will still be green and you'll get xp from them.

BW really needs to modify their level sync by the zones on a planet rather than planet-wide for the Starter and Capitol Planets
You definitely win the thread!

IanArgent
07.21.2016 , 05:06 AM | #19

IF they could, they probably would have already. Level Sync messes with several important class missions.

MiloUto
07.21.2016 , 06:09 AM | #20
They also need to remove the level component in companion missions. I mean who wants to stop everything to go spend a few minutes to get like +9 XP?