Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sometimes no xp for mobs

BenduKundalini
07.20.2016 , 03:00 AM | #1
At first I thought it was a level sync problem but it's also happened with characters of planet level on Hutta and Dromund Kaas.

Right now I've been missing 500xp for 15 minutes to ding level 32 on Coruscant, and even Heroics mobs won't bring in a single x point.

I have a feeling that this is related to where you teleported from... sort of like the stat-less pvp stuff on fleet which is corrected once you change instances.

At any rate it's irksome...

KyaniteD
07.20.2016 , 03:27 AM | #3
Which level are your characters on the repsective planet?

I've seen it, too, on Ord Mantell and Coruscant whenever my character outlevels the mobs by more than 7 levels.
Darkvs.Light:
Shepard Effect ᶩ彡
Donate your referral to
Dulfy / MMO-Fashion TORCommunityMe

BenduKundalini
07.20.2016 , 03:41 AM | #4
As I said, it also happens when my chars are of the planet's current level.
What does happen on overkill chars is that bonus quests gray out like in the good old times if you > 6 levels.
But that's a separate matter.

So :

- going to stronghold and back = fail
- changing char = fail
- changing servers and back = fail
- sending char to another planet = worked on planet 2 (Taris) BUT didn't fix problem on Coruscant

Char is level 32.

OwenBrooks
07.20.2016 , 03:45 AM | #5
Run a repair just in case and to tick it off of things to try

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,
select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher

KyaniteD
07.20.2016 , 03:55 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BenduKundalini View Post
As I said, it also happens when my chars are of the planet's current level.
Yes, but Hutta max level range is 12, and if your level 11 character kills level 3 mobs there's a level difference of more than 6/7.
Darkvs.Light:
Shepard Effect ᶩ彡
Donate your referral to

BenduKundalini
07.20.2016 , 04:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KyaniteD View Post
Yes, but Hutta max level range is 12, and if your level 11 character kills level 3 mobs there's a level difference of more than 6/7.
True, but it happened to be in the North-west area where two heroics are... mobs are about level 8 IIRC

Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Run a repair just in case and to tick it off of things to try

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,
select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher
Thanks Owen, will try that.
Now in Justicar section, working as intended, but Old Galactic Market including H2 Public Enemies, mob xp is fubar.

Maybe the culprit is precisely the bonus quest to a quest I just took, and which fails to sync after stage 1, Crisis in Galactic City (the one with the corrupt senator and captain on bridge)

KyaniteD
07.20.2016 , 04:22 AM | #8
Please update the thread with your progress, I'd like to know, too, because XP for heroics is better when rested XP comes into full effect.
Darkvs.Light:
Shepard Effect ᶩ彡
Donate your referral to

Tweakant
07.20.2016 , 05:24 AM | #9
I've been seeing the same thing. I end up being overleveled for the planet (most recent being yesterday and Coruscant) and doing class missions, mobs were giving zero XP like the level sync wasn't being registered.

IanArgent
07.20.2016 , 05:58 AM | #10
That is weird. Not something I can say I noticed; even when my DvL character goes back to OM; but now I'm going to have to start paying attention.

Offhand, I wonder if they're testing something to make botting harder. If you can't get XP on the starter planets from mob kills (only missions), it's going to make it a LOT harder to level bots, with minimal impact to actual players (especially if they up mission completion XP to make up the difference).
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't