Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error Code???

Zannche
07.28.2016 , 01:54 PM | #1
Friend of mine just downloaded Swtor and its coming up with an Error D3DRR_DEVICELOST then it crashes it keeps doing it and weve no idea wat it could be

SerraShar
07.28.2016 , 02:02 PM | #2
from Google , it could be anything .

Tell him to turn off firewall and stuff like that .

you can also edit the INI. file and turn Vsync and fullscreen and try to see if it make a difference .

You could also open a ticket and give your friend toon name and they can contact him . Or he can call them directly .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

MadDutchman
07.28.2016 , 02:08 PM | #3
Some steps to try:

1. Run repair scan

2. Go to %APPDATA%/Local/SWTOR/swtor/settings/
and delete the client_settings.ini file and try relaunching the game.

3. Open up the above mentioned file with a text editor and change the resolution to match your screen's native resolution.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Erevan_Kindelar
07.28.2016 , 02:41 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zannche View Post
Friend of mine just downloaded Swtor and its coming up with an Error D3DRR_DEVICELOST then it crashes it keeps doing it and weve no idea wat it could be
That is a Direct 3D error, so I would suggest downloading (from the Microsoft website) and installing the DirectX 9c software (swtor does not work with later versions) and seeing if that helps.
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

Ccgv
07.28.2016 , 07:23 PM | #5
I ran mine as administrator and it worked. I got the same exact issue a few days ago.
New or returning player? Click on this link to get a free 7 day sub and more stuff, it also helps me!
http://www.swtor.com/r/V7qPjL