Serenity rotation makes me go cross-eyed!

Farstrider

So,

I've played since release and have recently switched to Serenity from Infiltration and crikey! The difference in rotations seems like a steep learning curve!

I have to pay far more attention now and it's hard to see if I am dealing comparable amounts of damage.

Serenity is great fun though steadier non-burst damage!

I have used the guide on Vulkk.com to learn how to rotate through the skills.

Is it worth building two bars or placing skills in certain groups on bars to help manage the rotation?

Cheers!

I have to pay far more attention now and it's hard to see if I am dealing comparable amounts of damage.

Do some dummy parsing in both specs and compare your DPS. If you're doing something right, Serenity should parse higher on a 2.5mil dummy.

It's very easy to run out of Force real quick on Serenity if you're not careful.

• 2 weeks later...
Please. Please. Please. Don’t. Use. Vulk. Use the dulfy guide it is far better information and from an actual raider.

First of all, there is simply no Serenity/Hatred guide on dulfy for 5.0+, only for 4.0 which is quite outdated.

Secondly, I don't find Serenity guide on Vulkk.com bad at all. It has solid guidelines for the spec, a correct rotation, correct utility choices (for an all-round build, anyway. For something more fight-specific the player should just set it up himself after he gets more experienced.), last time I checked it had correct stats listed too. There are some minor mistakes in ability descriptions and passives but I don't see how that particular guide is bad for learning Serenity.

First of all, there is simply no Serenity/Hatred guide on dulfy for 5.0+, only for 4.0 which is quite outdated.

Secondly, I don't find Serenity guide on Vulkk.com bad at all. It has solid guidelines for the spec, a correct rotation, correct utility choices (for an all-round build, anyway. For something more fight-specific the player should just set it up himself after he gets more experienced.), last time I checked it had correct stats listed too. There are some minor mistakes in ability descriptions and passives but I don't see how that particular guide is bad for learning Serenity.

First off the rotation is not up to date, it is quite out dated actually.

Also by you saying that only 4.0 guides are around, and that they are out dated you are saying that vulkk’s guide is outdated. The 4.0 dulfy guide is almost a copy and last of the 4.0 guide rotation wise that is.

There are some 5.0 guides out there on YouTube such as one from Aeyix who is one of the better sims out there (killed brontes as a hatred/decep sin. It was painful).

First off the rotation is not up to date, it is quite out dated actually.

Also by you saying that only 4.0 guides are around, and that they are out dated you are saying that vulkk’s guide is outdated. The 4.0 dulfy guide is almost a copy and last of the 4.0 guide rotation wise that is.

There are some 5.0 guides out there on YouTube such as one from Aeyix who is one of the better sims out there (killed brontes as a hatred/decep sin. It was painful).

Rotation for Serenity is a weird thing, to be honest. I just looked on top 6 Hatred assassins on Parely - every single one of them has a different number of GCDs between DoTs. There are players with 1,2,4,5 GCDs. One even starts with Creeping Terror instead of Discharge. Yet they are all on top of the leaderboards, sure, there is crit RNG involved but it still means there are many ways of making it work.

So my point is, the only truly outdated rotation would be the one before 3.0, when there were less abilities. Plus, another thing you could conclude is that there is no real best of the best rotation. I do prefer Solana's version the most, probably. Just because Solana is constantly up there.

Edited by Equeliber

Rotation for Serenity is a weird thing, to be honest. I just looked on top 6 Hatred assassins on Parely - every single one of them has a different number of GCDs between DoTs. There are players with 1,2,4,5 GCDs. One even starts with Creeping Terror instead of Discharge. Yet they are all on top of the leaderboards, sure, there is crit RNG involved but it still means there are many ways of making it work.

So my point is, the only truly outdated rotation would be the one before 3.0, when there were less abilities. Plus, another thing you could conclude is that there is no real best of the best rotation. I do prefer Solana's version the most, probably. Just because Solana is constantly up there.

While some of them start with 2 or 4 GCDs between dots, they all seem to end up going to an odd number of GCDs between dots eventually. (For instance Solana starts with 4 abilities between dots, but ends up going to 5 later on). My recommendation is to stick with 3 GCDs, because that way you end up never having to delay any discharge, creeping terror, death field or leeching strike (and you'll be able to use demolish fast enough to not clip it) until the burn phase, where you want to maximize assassinate and the whole rigid dot application kinda breaks down.