Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

6.0 Nautolan Tentacles

Marcus_Cade
10.22.2019 , 01:12 PM | #1
We don't have to even wait to get in game, to be shown *NO* thought has been given to the Nautolan's tentacles, as they are either sticking through the front of armours or (in the case of Bounty Hunters) seemingly feeding the rocket back-pack. This shows an incredible amount of zero thought (& laziness).

If you don't care about the look of a character on the start-up screen: How bad could things look in-game.

(edit) Hell, there are tentacles that are going through/overlapping other tentacles - How was this signed off as ok?!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein

AhnQiraji
10.23.2019 , 12:05 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Marcus_Cade View Post
We don't have to even wait to get in game, to be shown *NO* thought has been given to the Nautolan's tentacles, as they are either sticking through the front of armours or (in the case of Bounty Hunters) seemingly feeding the rocket back-pack. This shows an incredible amount of zero thought (& laziness).

If you don't care about the look of a character on the start-up screen: How bad could things look in-game.

(edit) Hell, there are tentacles that are going through/overlapping other tentacles - How was this signed off as ok?!
They need a re-work and the faces are much uglier than the NPCs. The eyes are TOO wideset.

ptsdgirl
10.23.2019 , 04:27 AM | #3

Thank you! I noticed that too, it was annoying trying to find an armor set that worked around their laziness.

ptsdgirl
10.23.2019 , 04:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AhnQiraji View Post
They need a re-work and the faces are much uglier than the NPCs. The eyes are TOO wideset.
Yes! As someone said, stung by bees, or even meth addicts, or ugly frogs. Please re work this! This was the race I was most excited about! I won’t even play one lol. Sad

SteveTheCynic
10.23.2019 , 05:41 AM | #5
Armour clipping is more or less guaranteed. (Try bulky chest armour on female Togruta, or in some cases even on Twi'leks of either sex.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

TheVindicaar
10.23.2019 , 06:29 AM | #6
Yes I agree to you, I am trying to gt a refund for my sub this is not what i was expecting. I want quality but here quantity and quality are not there. I want a full rework of the Nautolans and their Tentacle Physics

AhnQiraji
10.23.2019 , 11:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheVindicaar View Post
Yes I agree to you, I am trying to gt a refund for my sub this is not what i was expecting. I want quality but here quantity and quality are not there. I want a full rework of the Nautolans and their Tentacle Physics
Voting with your wallet is the most feasible method to get their attention.

DarthSpuds
10.23.2019 , 11:20 AM | #8

Agreed.

Looks like they got the same drunken interns who did the original (laughably bad) hair styles to do the Nautolan.

Why hasn't Bioware yet cottoned on to the fact that Avatar design - if done properly - will a) increase player satisfaction, b) therefore increase player retention and if also done properly c) open up customisation revenue streams.

Spent 2 hours last night trying to build a Nautolan that I would be happy to play - couldn't do it; incidentally just like Cathar actually.

All The Best

DarthSpuds
10.23.2019 , 11:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Armour clipping is more or less guaranteed. (Try bulky chest armour on female Togruta, or in some cases even on Twi'leks of either sex.)
Only if we assume endemic incompetence is also guaranteed.

All The Best

Darth_Vainous
10.23.2019 , 11:48 AM | #10
I was excited for Nautolans even though they are not one of my top 5 wanted races. I was disappointed in the overall package tbh. Here's what bugs me about them:

- Tentacles should've had a separate slider from the faces and more variation. Some look like they are broke at weird angles while others don't quite lay correctly.

- Male faces are O.K. though not great but females fall flat and look terrible. Reminds me of the Nightborne from WoW where the NPC's look good and the playable models suck balls.

- Eyes should've had different shapes and the colors aren't that noticeable except for the yellow.

- Patterns should've been more detailed and not splotchy/smudgy looking.

Nautolan hype = B
Nautolan reality = D-