Can't see what I'm gathering

Screaming_Ziva

I can't see what I'm gathering when I'm out in the wild. If I have a companion do the gathering, the item box doesn't even appear. If I do the gathering myself, the item box disappears so quickly I can't even see what I got. I have a strange feeling there is a setting for this somewhere that I changed a long time ago. Is there a setting for this?

That's the thing, I get nothing to click on. It vanishes instantly if I'm doing the gathering or it doesn't appear at all if a companion does the gathering.

It vanishes instantly but it goes into your new material inventory. Also don't forget to unlock the gathering profession to level 700 at trainer for 500k, otherwise you won't gain new levels past 600 when gathering new mats.

Edited by black_pyros

this is now by design. If you click it your data now goes into the gathering section on you interface ui

And that is ridiculously annoying... not where the mats go.. but the complete lack of feedback..

If you go out and need 50 Biofibers... you can no longer look at the log window, now you have to open the new panel, type in the material (or scroll around to find it), and see the amount you have. You cant even tell if you've actually picked up anything at all, unless you look at your minimap for icons disappearing, or if you get a skillup from gathering in your log. This is not 1 step backwards in game design, its turning around and running full tilt.

Edited by PlacidDragon

And that is ridiculously annoying... not where the mats go.. but the complete lack of feedback..

If you go out and need 50 Biofibers... you can no longer look at the log window, now you have to open the new panel, type in the material (or scroll around to find it), and see the amount you have. You cant even tell if you've actually picked up anything at all, unless you look at your minimap for icons disappearing, or if you get a skillup from gathering in your log. This is not 1 step backwards in game design, its turning around and running full tilt.

Exactly this. I'm pretty sure it used to at least log what you picked up. Now you have no idea what you're picking up.

It looks like this is on the list of known issues:

When your companion harvests from a harvesting node you will not receive a chat notification or loot window, but the materials will be placed in your materials inventory as intended.

I hope they're able to fix this soon. It's a minor annoyance for me, but still an annoyance. :)

It looks like this is on the list of known issues:

When your companion harvests from a harvesting node you will not receive a chat notification or loot window, but the materials will be placed in your materials inventory as intended.

I hope they're able to fix this soon. It's a minor annoyance for me, but still an annoyance. :)

ahh, goodie. Its not just your companion, its you as well :) (you get the gathering window, but that closes in a tenth of a second, and the log remains empty). Slicing shows up in the log as it should. Bioanalysis and Scavenging does not (not been able to try Archeology yet). Hoping they'll be able to fix this quickly :)