Fix false emperor

Trandoshan Momo:

I'm tired of falling through the bridge, under the bridge, over the bridge, and any other way you could think of falling off this bridge. I don't know how you guys use bridges, but in real people world, they are for standing on. Not falling through when you get charged by this fool.

YES I KNOW HE DOES A KNOCK BACK

BUT

I've fallen through this bridge (yes just drop through) many times dpsing this guy only to pretty much want to cancel my sub right then and there. It's out of hand. I could program a better encounter. With no thumbs :/

The BH Jindo whateverhisnameis:

His ship has bugged for the, lets see...

4th week in a row! **New Record**

Fix this before I rip out the rest of my hair. It's beyond aggravating that an ops guild still can't finish this place sometimes because of this bug. The turrets are either shooting peas or the ship has some kind of jammer on it making the missiles that definitely fire from these turrets do nothing. Or you guys just did a bad job with it. Either way, it needs to be fixed. And used as a learning tool for the rest of your staff of "What NOT to do". Please. For the love of god.

HK57422893577289357237509: <--- Not the same instance but still annoying bug nonetheless

It must be because I like getting stuck inside the giant metal mass that's supposed to be his healing chamber? Oh yeah and I also like wiping because we clicked the consoles too fast. Because that makes sense! Puh-leez :/

Malgus:

No matter how many knockbacks we use, sometimes this guy wont get knocked off, causing another hour worth of wipes. I don't know if it's how you wanna get your money, by making us have to spend hours at a time in here, both fighting your bugs and bad guys, but yeah. I'm supposed to be having fun. This place only brings me fun when alt f4 out of the game and not touch it for the rest of the day. No amount of story can fix buggy gameplay.

I ask you on behalf of the people of the Darth Xedrix server, Empire side.

Please.

Fix.

This.

Hell-hole.

Edit: I'd love to show you proof of these occurrences, but alas, you have no combat log. You should get one. Use Runescape's.

Edited by savagedialects

about the HK encounter: you must be confusing the encounter with th eone on Foundry. When you encounter him in False Emperor you need to worry about the turrets and him going stealth.

Personally I agree with the last phase of darth Malgus, it's totally random in the last phase whether or not he will actually follow you to a ledge so you can drop him, it's totally random if any of your knockback abilities will actually push him, the only thing that seems consistent is the grenade you get before the encounter.

Being with a group that does HM's with good gear though, we don't drop that often, only if the most dangerous bugs actually happen. I've decided to go with the buggyness for now, even if I do rage sometimes. I can only laugh when and if it happens :D

I think false emperor is one of the least buggy HMs to be honest. And yes, OT mistook the HK encounter in foundry to the HK encounter in false emperor.

The trandoshan: simply pull him off the bridge and CC the adds. After he jumpcharges someone, run away from him cause his melee aoe that follows hurts a lot.

False emperor HK encounter the main thing in my opinion is to interrupt him with AOEs when he goes stealth (He says something about "assassin protocols upgraded"), and at a certain point he will stealth two times in rapid succession. Other than that its mainly tank-n-spank. (oh and the turret thing, get the turret shields off while HK is up(by standing next to them when youre targeted by ion blast - then run away when reticule turns red), but kill the turrets only after HK is dead)

Jindo kreys ship is still buggy, but only so far that it refuses to move sideways. That its always in the middle actually makes the encounter slightly easier. I have done this number of times after the patch and the ship has always been interrupted by the turrets. The only advice I can give here is that at least two people need to run to the turret controls, as Jindo will always grapple one of them. Oh and only use the turret right in front of the ship.

For Malgus, I think the trick is to stop dps when youre pulling him to the bridge, so you get more time to position him. Then when he is in position, full dps, after he says "your fleet is doomed" its time to knockback. Two knockbacks need to hit at basically same time, otherwise the amount of knockbacks doesnt matter. It is the timing. Teamspeak helps a lot. It helps if you have people who have knockback attacks of their own, and the grenades as backup. It also doesnt help if you try to KB him before the correct time (after he says "your fleet is doomed")

Only wanted to help.

Edited by Karkais

Trandoshan Momo:

I'm not quite sure what boss you're referring to I assume it's Tregg the Destroyer. Simply don't fight him on the bridge, have your tank pull him off the bridge with your back to the wall or a crate or something to avoid being knocked into oblivion.

Have TWO assigned people use the MIDDLE turret only and have them use it right at the start of the fight and during the fight whenever the ship is near. It does seem to bug-out if you use any of the side turrets or if you don't use the middle turret right from the start.

HK57422893577289357237509:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by healing chamber and clicking consoles to fast? He doesn't have anything to click. Sounds like you're talking about Bulwark from Directive 7, not false emperor. Please explain this one more.

Malgus:

Grab your grenades outside the chamber itself and drag them to your action bar. Then simply have your tank start kiting him as near to a ledge at possible when his health is at about 15%. When you see him do his "force lightning" attack say "GO" in chat or in vent and on that everyone use their bombs or knockback abilities. We do this all the time and it works, with rarely any fails.

Hope this helps.

Malgus:

Grab your grenades outside the chamber itself and drag them to your action bar. Then simply have your tank start kiting him as near to a ledge at possible when his health is at about 15%. When you see him do his "force lightning" attack say "GO" in chat or in vent and on that everyone use their bombs or knockback abilities. We do this all the time and it works, with rarely any fails.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I guess kiting him when close to 15% is an obvious answer, thank you. The encounter is so evil though, it's easy peacy , and all of a sudden he starts channeling Ultimate power, an dif you're in a "tank and spank" kind of state at that point, everyone dies :p. Pugging him takes some patience, but it's mostly fine

Trandoshan Momo:

I'm not quite sure what boss you're referring to I assume it's Tregg the Destroyer. Simply don't fight him on the bridge, have your tank pull him off the bridge with your back to the wall or a crate or something to avoid being knocked into oblivion.

Have TWO assigned people use the MIDDLE turret only and have them use it right at the start of the fight and during the fight whenever the ship is near. It does seem to bug-out if you use any of the side turrets or if you don't use the middle turret right from the start.

HK57422893577289357237509:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by healing chamber and clicking consoles to fast? He doesn't have anything to click. Sounds like you're talking about Bulwark from Directive 7, not false emperor. Please explain this one more.

Malgus:

Hope this helps.

I'd just like it if the bridge wasn't so lame thanks. CCing adds on that fight is a waste of time anyways. He has 100k hp.

We tried everything to fix the bug and nothing worked, even what you suggested. It's broken.

Yes, I did mistake this encounter for another, but this one is just as buggy.

It doesn't matter how much coordination. A synchronized swim team could try this out and still have it not work. He is just a d%^k.

Edited by savagedialects

Well emperor is the other HM besides BT thats on regular farm status for my guild, so I can assure that it is quite doable. Just need to be patient about it. If you say some advice is "waste of time", then I guess the encounter is not the only problem. Haste makes waste.

I'd just like it if the bridge wasn't so lame thanks. CCing adds on that fight is a waste of time anyways. He has 100k hp.

We tried everything to fix the bug and nothing worked, even what you suggested. It's broken.

Yes, I did mistake this encounter for another, but this one is just as buggy.

It doesn't matter how much coordination. A synchronized swim team could try this out and still have it not work. He is just a d%^k.

We do False Emperor all the time without issues :/ But I'm republic maybe it's worse for Empire.

Well emperor is the other HM besides BT thats on regular farm status for my guild, so I can assure that it is quite doable. Just need to be patient about it. If you say some advice is "waste of time", then I guess the encounter is not the only problem. Haste makes waste.

Why would you cc a strong and 2 weak adds?

Just wondering.

It's a waste of time because it's yet another variable thrown into the - what seems to be - random cesspool of bugs in this place.

• 2 weeks later...

just tried Jindo 3x. Bugged to holy hell. Ship sometimes would not move side to side. sometimes after a console worked it would fire the missles at the same person no matter where they ran in the room. some times the console didnt not cause dmg to keep the ship from increasing 100,200% etc.

how do these things break when they were working fine?

ARGH

Hint on 1st mini boss:

1) pull boss away from bridge.

2 ****) If you have any range,

have them stand on top of the huge crate,

located on right (near steps) if you're looking at the boss at the beginning.

Also,

everytime you see him jump into someone,

that's your que for his whirlwind, so melee .... gtf out (including tank).

• 2 weeks later...

Probably mentioned elsewhere but on Malgus.. trying to position him as tank I got my positioning slightly wrong and he knocked me off just a few seconds before he got knocked off. End result I die and am outside the instance when he dies and I cannot get back into the instance - it keeps zoning but I never get in and I do not get credit for completing. Ofc the chest I need drops so the air was a little blue.

I'd like to thank whichever hair knuckled, slack jawed mouth breather who was responsible for that design decision. Top notch, another awesome bit of quality assurance in FE flashpoint.

Trandoshan Momo:

I'm tired of falling through the bridge, under the bridge, over the bridge, and any other way you could think of falling off this bridge. I don't know how you guys use bridges, but in real people world, they are for standing on. Not falling through when you get charged by this fool.

YES I KNOW HE DOES A KNOCK BACK

BUT

I've fallen through this bridge (yes just drop through) many times dpsing this guy only to pretty much want to cancel my sub right then and there. It's out of hand. I could program a better encounter. With no thumbs :/

Don't fight him on the bridge! I find the best and easiest way is for the tank to pull him back towards the ramp the way you enter that small area. From that ramp the tank can easily jump ontop of the crate. While ontop of the crate you are in a position to completely avoid his aoe and all thats left to do is space out your threat builders every 4 seconds because of his reset hate.

His ship has bugged for the, lets see...

4th week in a row! **New Record**

Fix this before I rip out the rest of my hair. It's beyond aggravating that an ops guild still can't finish this place sometimes because of this bug. The turrets are either shooting peas or the ship has some kind of jammer on it making the missiles that definitely fire from these turrets do nothing. Or you guys just did a bad job with it. Either way, it needs to be fixed. And used as a learning tool for the rest of your staff of "What NOT to do". Please. For the love of god. [/QOUTE]

Yes man this is buuuuuuuuuuggggggeeeeeddd! But it is worth mentioning that on more than one occassion this encounter has bugged in our favor.

It can happen where the ship (although animation shows it still firing rockets) does no damage. Jindo's shield goes down before the ship is taken out and stays down. This leaves you to DPS him freely and makes for a whole easier fight. From my experiences I've had this happen the same ammount of time as the invincible bug where his shield is up and the ship does not reset to turrets.

If it bugs it is easy to either Force Cloak or run back through the instance to reset the boss. you have to run a fair way but HE DOES RESET. Save you wiping.

HK57422893577289357237509: <--- Not the same instance but still annoying bug nonetheless

It must be because I like getting stuck inside the giant metal mass that's supposed to be his healing chamber? Oh yeah and I also like wiping because we clicked the consoles too fast. Because that makes sense! Puh-leez :/ [/QOUTE]

Erm I don't know about you guys but the turrets can be completely ignored? Just concentrate on DPS'ing HK. If your DPS'ers are Medium armour they can even ignore the targetted rockets coming down!! I've never clicked any consoles....... Just tank spanked him til dead, ignoring turrets.

Malgus:

No matter how many knockbacks we use, sometimes this guy wont get knocked off, causing another hour worth of wipes. I don't know if it's how you wanna get your money, by making us have to spend hours at a time in here, both fighting your bugs and bad guys, but yeah. I'm supposed to be having fun. This place only brings me fun when alt f4 out of the game and not touch it for the rest of the day. No amount of story can fix buggy gameplay.

The tank should always pull him to the edge just before he enters his final phase being careful of knockback himself. But I have had it where although not "immune" as such to knockback he becomes extremely resilient to it and instead of being knockbacked say 10 metres he barely moves no matter how many we use. Another bug worth mentioning is while fighting on the stairs it is possible to fall through the stairs. The most common problem i've seen of this is using Force Leap.

When he bugs with the knockback though it is just a wipe and re run but this boss is hardly an hour worth of wipes considering his enrage timer is about 8 minutes and re-entering the area after a wipe brings you to 3 metres of the fight area.

Think maybe you're stretching the truth a little, but you are probably raging. All i can say is it's not AS BAD as you'r emaking out.

2 of the bosses can be done easier than you are now, 1 that bugs can bug in your favour and your biggest problem with malgus is the hour wipe that really only takes 2 minutes including repairs and re buffs.

Chill the f*** out! i got this sh** :D

Edited by FarseerTera

Jindo we've had not problems with once we sent the healer and both DPS to all run in to the middle console every time the ships comes in. It feels like it only bugs if you don't hit it with that console as soon as it enters.

Malgus feels more about timing to me, get him to 15%, wait for his pushback, then position him and burn him to 10% and use knockbacks while he is channeling.

I've never seen buggy behavior from the other encounters, but I could have just been lucky.

Treeg is really easy. I've run this one two or three times and never had a problem with getting knocked through the bridge. Just drag him off the bridge if its that much trouble. Jindo is a lot buggier, but he's not generally difficult if you are well coordinated, even on hardmode.

Treeg: Tank him back on the platform before the bridge with your back to the wall. Avoid whirlwind. He likes to charge at random player and follow it up with his whirlwind attack.

Jindo: Put two DPS on turret duty. At the start of the fight send both to middle turret. Every time ship approaches send two players to middle turret. Interrupt Jindo's Flame Sweep.

HK: DPS him down. Pull reticle away from group if you get targeted. Ignore turrets when they spawn (you can also drag the ion reticles to them to disable their shields but it's unnecessary). In his assassination protocol he goes stealth, comes out of stealth to tap one random DPSer, then stealth again - USE AN AOE to de-stealth him this second time or he will 1-shot that player. Repeat a couple times until you finish him off. Take care of the turrets after he is down.

Malgus: Tank him on the stairs with your back to the wall and he won't even use knock back. Interrupt his Unlimited Power Attack. At 16-18% have your tank pull him to the edge of the bridge, knock him off the edge with a grenade or knockback ability. The end.

I've run HM FE probably a dozen times in the past month and we've go it down so smoothly we can finish in under 50 minutes without a single wipe.

Edited by AislingKerrigan

just tried Jindo 3x. Bugged to holy hell. Ship sometimes would not move side to side. sometimes after a console worked it would fire the missles at the same person no matter where they ran in the room. some times the console didnt not cause dmg to keep the ship from increasing 100,200% etc.

how do these things break when they were working fine?

ARGH

You shouldn't be letting the ship LAST long enough to move side to side. The ship starts in the middle turret so send two players to the middle turret at the start of the fight. Every time the ship tries to approach send two players to the middle turret. You can disable the ship instantly if you do it this way.

We did FE last night in 30minutres. No joke. We're so over geared for it we killed the Left twin in the 2 guy encounter before he even went into this first shield.

Jindo - don't shoot the ship until it fires at least once. No bug

FE - Push him to just above 50k health, position, then burn below 50k health and do two knockbacks. I knocked him back solo as a sage consular. I threw a grendae then did my class knockback. Done.

I've actually been encountering problems with Emp Malgus over the last 3 or 4 days. If we are in a group with a Juggernaut tank (for the knockback ability), we have no problem knocking him off the side using said tank's knockback. However, I have not once seen a grenade work over the last 3 or 4 days (I run it daily to get members of my guild geared). Today was worse because we we're using a BH Tank so we had to rely on the grenades to knock him off the bridge. We tried four times getting him to the side of the bridge and our grenades did not move him, not even a foot.

We ended up running out of grenades each try for 4 wipes before we finally just gave up. Sometimes it would show him flying off the bridge on one of our screens but he would just re-appear a second later where he was before.

Like I said, the only times I've had trouble with this guy is by actually using the mechanic the game provides in order to beat it, otherwise it's all peachy keen.