Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just encountered one of the most infuriating bugs I have ever seen.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Just encountered one of the most infuriating bugs I have ever seen.

AJediKnight
06.20.2019 , 12:23 AM | #1
So I'm fighting my way through Vaiylin's funhouse "party" in Chapter VI of KOTFE - already thoroughly disengaged as my fully darkside Sith Warrior wastes her existence saving the citizenry of the universe's most prissy empire. Upon reaching the final "big pull" room where there are like 20 loyalists adherents and skybots (whatever they are) fighting each other, I realize that Theron - a character I despise to begin with - has decided to pull the companion "I'm going to get bugged standing out of LOS of you and not heal" bit (which, I am sure, everyone is familiar with, since it happens constantly). Eventually, I am overwhelmed and die.

That, however, isn't the bug I'm raging about - the bug is that, upon spawning back into the med center (which is conveniently located in the beast-handler room at the very start of the winding maze), I work my way about halfway back through the palace when I reach a force field barring my path forward. There's no disabling it; no panel to turn it off. This is the way I have to go, and because it's refusing to open, I get to reset the instance. And fight my way through the pointless hordes again.

Please, Bioware - PLEASE - never design content like this again. It's garbage to begin with - bad plot, wooden characters, pigeon-holing of my own toon into roles inappropriate for her - but the endless, endless, ENDLESS swarming waves of pointless antagonists we are obliged to hack our way through ARE. NOT. FUN. Yeah, it's crap that I had to reset the instance and start over, but if the content was better designed to begin with, it wouldn't be so stunningly annoying. IE, had I been having fun for the last 30 minutes, I wouldn't mind replaying it. But the fact that I was loathing the solo dungeon from the start made redoing it one of worst experiences I have ever had in 20 years of playing MMORPGs.
[]°[]☲☲☲[]ị::ị¶Ś(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

denavin
06.20.2019 , 01:55 AM | #2
If your talking about the one at the top of the ramp out side of the kitchen if I remember right there is a guard standing there that will open the shield he is on the other side of the wall but you can still click on him. Get close to the force field and you will see the trigger.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Typhaos
06.20.2019 , 03:10 AM | #3
I'd like to say that's it's GOOD that this chapter was something different (puzzle to solve and conversation-based walkthrough).
Yes there is some fighting at the end, but it wouldn't be bad if not the bug.
The fight is especially quick and easy if you save the kid

Companions get stuck on wrong enemies, yes. But not only in this chapter.

I like that BW tries something different from time to time like this puzzle or walker missions. Even if someone does not like it, these are singular missions which in the perspective ofthe whole game is not too much. And I like the variety.

Zerileth
06.20.2019 , 11:41 AM | #4
In the future, if you have any characters that are full DS Imp, or LS pub.... just skip KOTFE/KOTET. The end choices will be the same as if you played through it. Save yourself grief.
. <--------just this little red dot

Balameb
06.20.2019 , 06:45 PM | #5
This kind of bug is a real problem in this chapter. A guildmate got it the other day but its solution was to leave the chapter and "launch" it again without full reset.
Still really crappy bug, specially if you like to run MM version and do chapters with friends: it combines with another bug were your friends, when summoned AFTER the disguse is removed, apear disguised and there is not way to remove it or do any ability. (we have found no solution to that, either do solo or start from the begining and don't let anyone die.)
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

TrixxieTriss
06.20.2019 , 07:41 PM | #6
I hate that chapter with a passion. But it’s not a bug. It’s just designed poorly or it’s intended to piss people off.
I usually get my wife to do it because she knows exactly how.

It’s all that slow walking, no speed boosts or rocket boots that really annoy me. All you are doing is running back and forth to add time to how long you play. It’s just another form of time grinding, except it’s more boring than farming dumb mobs,

The first time, ok, the second Alt hhmmm ok.... after that, you should be able to have short cuts

TrixxieTriss
06.20.2019 , 07:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
In the future, if you have any characters that are full DS Imp, or LS pub.... just skip KOTFE/KOTET. The end choices will be the same as if you played through it. Save yourself grief.
Except if you want specific companions. It annoys me that you can’t choose them because Vette and Torian are neither light or dark comps.

Suzsi
06.20.2019 , 08:35 PM | #8
You don't have to restart the whole chapter lol.

Just logout and then back in. The npcs who opened the forcefield are back then you just roll on forwards.

I like this chapter and the one where you take control of a mouse droid and the walker ones. I like the differences, mixing it up, keeping things fresh and interesting.

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~

RameiArashi
06.21.2019 , 08:36 AM | #9
I had a trooper during trooper mission unable to enter a door way. The door opened and closed and opened again in the middle of combat and apparently did not resister as open., Trooper couldn't move forward as if the door was closed. I had to walk out of the instance and back in. Fortunately the foes stayed dead or this could have happened again.

Goreshaga
06.21.2019 , 06:20 PM | #10
Did you give our little beast friend her medicine ?
If you do she'll be your BFF and any fight after that will be really easy as her and her other little friends will take care or the trash for you
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters