Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I Sacrificed My Character So You Donít Have to...Or How Autocomplete Really Works

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I Sacrificed My Character So You Donít Have to...Or How Autocomplete Really Works

Shingara
01.03.2019 , 05:00 AM | #11
Actually, inquiring minds want to know, if you have completed all storys, all quests etc tied to story lines and save points aka not operations missions, does it still give you the warning multiple times, or does it just start that new part without warning multiple times.

I know you went into some detail upon this point but with getting multiple warnings i do have to wonder if there is somewhere you can check within your own files to see whats ticked and what isnt, something along the lines of searching your own ini file, obviously we cannot alter the file but maybe we could use it to check what we maybe missing.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

CloudCastle
01.03.2019 , 11:12 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by tahol View Post
I don't know if they have changed the hard save system from the time I lost one romance with Theron and learned to never skip a chapter. I locked up the romance in Kotfe ch9, got tired somewhere at ch11 and jumped to Kotet. Result: Theron had dumped my sorry *** at some point. It didn't make any sense to me, and I contacted customer service in hope it was just a bug and could be fixed. Nope, I was told it is working as intended, and jumping over ANY chapter after ch9 will lead to lost romance and all decisions reverting to default. This was right after Kotet came live. Either cs was wrong and it was a bug, or they have changed the system at some point after that. Would love to know for sure because I haven't had courage to jump over any chapter after that and begin to be pretty tired of it.

I didn't take it well and rage deleted that character. It happens, I'm not a very patient person.
I may run some more tests to see if other scenarios still hold true to my first test. It's possible that romances run on their own set of rules that are different than regular story decisions. I want to test this the most but it's the hardest to do because it requires taking a character through almost the whole game and then running various scenarios, which can really add up to a lot of characters!

I was actually surprised that my Lana romance remained intact even through all my skipping. That implies that the chap 9 lock-in is the only required point you must pass, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if different companions have different lock-in rules.

With Koth, he has a number of other check points that are critical and accepting the default of some of those would definitely end his romance. I think an Empire character would have to complete almost all the content just to keep him around, and even then
Spoiler

I want to test Torian or Vette to see how skipping around affects them but I don't know how to confirm things either way. The "interactions" log is not accurate, so I can't rely on that, and the vanilla companions get very few romance scenes so I don't know how else you could confirm whether your romance is even intact.

I'm really sorry and disappointed to hear that the Theron romance didn't "stick" for you. I suspect it may have been a bug, since it doesn't sound like CS are experts at the intricacies of the story flag system.

I encourage people to keep sharing what they have experienced when they skipped content! If we can figure out any more "rules" the game seems to be following, that helps us all.

tahol
01.03.2019 , 11:12 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Actually, inquiring minds want to know, if you have completed all storys, all quests etc tied to story lines and save points aka not operations missions, does it still give you the warning multiple times, or does it just start that new part without warning multiple times.

I know you went into some detail upon this point but with getting multiple warnings i do have to wonder if there is somewhere you can check within your own files to see whats ticked and what isnt, something along the lines of searching your own ini file, obviously we cannot alter the file but maybe we could use it to check what we maybe missing.
To my knowledge all player information is stored server side, and that includes everything. You have no saves in your PC. This is how it works in all MMO's. Anything else would lead in massive issues with cheating.

CloudCastle
01.03.2019 , 11:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post

I took two characters through Ossus who have never skipped any story content and each of them got that same message (twice) too. Yet another bug I assume. I hope they fit it soon because it's enough to scare some players off!

Xina_LA
01.03.2019 , 11:17 AM | #15
I really want a Plot Summary sheet for my character that is a terse list of all the decisions and romances my character has made.

Did my agent join SIS? Did she go to Oricon or Ziost? Did she kneel to the Emperor? You get the idea.

After I don't touch my alts for long enough, I forget which specific decisions and romances I pursued on them.
This would be a huge help to allow me to pick them up again later and continue to play them consistently.
Part of the reason I do this is roleplay, but it's also partly to have a character available with each major decision set, so that I see how the story unfolds for them later on.

Perhaps such a summary window would be useful for keeping track of characters that jumped around?
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

JattaGin
01.03.2019 , 12:25 PM | #16
Thanks for this information, CloudCastle!
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Sarova
01.03.2019 , 12:44 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
If you want to romance Arcann, you must play all of KOTET, and
Spoiler
Once you can access his alliance alert that should lock it in, but skipping anything post KOTET could also override it. (Anyone tried this?)

Using the autocomplete feature to skip KOTET and go straight to Ossus will
Spoiler
if you are a Republic character, but it will autocomplete his alliance alert and close you out of the romance. (Tested and confirmed on trooper.)
To add some Arcann confusion, my LS Warrior completed everything up to Ossus (bar some alliance alerts) however I chose to kill Arcann and Senya in KOTET on that character. On starting Ossus with this character, an alert for Arcann auto-completed & flashed up a message saying both Arcann and Senya had joined her as companions. This should not have happened as they were both already dead for this character. I'm not sure if this is a bug or an intended consequence for Empire characters who side with the Republic. The whole thing is very confusing.

Thank for testing much of it out Cloudcastle. I'd already planned to complete just about everything on my 8 primary class characters and skippity-skip on some alts. Does anyone know what happens to Khem Val if you skip the class story, kotfe/kotet etc and go straight to Ossus? Do you end up with Khem Val or Khem Zash? I started a new assassin & used a token for level 70 recently. Because I couldn't find anything on the that Khem question, I've decided to do the class story as I always kill Zash to end up with Khem Val.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treatsô
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

CloudCastle
01.03.2019 , 01:34 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
I really want a Plot Summary sheet for my character that is a terse list of all the decisions and romances my character has made.
I wish we had a reliable means of checking the story flags our characters have accrued as well. I've had to use a spreadsheet to keep track of all of mine!

Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
To add some Arcann confusion, my LS Warrior completed everything up to Ossus (bar some alliance alerts) however I chose to kill Arcann and Senya in KOTET on that character. On starting Ossus with this character, an alert for Arcann auto-completed & flashed up a message saying both Arcann and Senya had joined her as companions. This should not have happened as they were both already dead for this character. I'm not sure if this is a bug or an intended consequence for Empire characters who side with the Republic. The whole thing is very confusing.

Thank for testing much of it out Cloudcastle. I'd already planned to complete just about everything on my 8 primary class characters and skippity-skip on some alts. Does anyone know what happens to Khem Val if you skip the class story, kotfe/kotet etc and go straight to Ossus? Do you end up with Khem Val or Khem Zash? I started a new assassin & used a token for level 70 recently. Because I couldn't find anything on the that Khem question, I've decided to do the class story as I always kill Zash to end up with Khem Val.
The Arcann and Senya thing sounds buggy to me probably due to the fact that you are a saboteur. I mean, once those characters are dead they shouldn't pop back to life, you know? Another thread here describes having the same problem with Theron.

I would guess that keeping Khem Val is the default state, which is also probably why people with ZashKhem are getting bugged. I haven't heard if anyone has tried this yet though.

IoNonSoEVero
01.03.2019 , 01:44 PM | #19
Hey, just wanted to thank you for all of this detailled information!

Ardrossan
01.03.2019 , 02:46 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by tahol View Post
I have no problem to do kotfe chapters 1-9, but chapters after those...they are insufferable torture. Especially the one where you meet Satele and Marr. I hate it so much I literally have to force myself through it and I curse and complain out loud when I do it, the whole chapter feels like living through a nightmare, a very boring nightmare.
I headcanon that this chapter in question is actually Valkorion messing with your mind, and both Satele and Marr are phantom puppets telling you the same thing he wants you to do, but put in the mouths of the two people you're most likely to believe. That's why he leaves in that chapter, because he doesn't actually leave, he just puts on two sockpuppets.

It's been pointed out that there are inconsistencies with this theory [Marr and Satele having conversations before and after you are with them] but...there are inconsistencies with the whole damn story. This just happens to be an inconsistency which makes the story MORE believable instead of less. That's why it's headcanon. imo it makes it a lot easier to go through that chapter, and once it's over you'll never have to go back to it, and there are very few references to it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.