Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot Log Onto Characters in Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cannot Log Onto Characters in Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ThomasStarWars
06.19.2019 , 09:23 PM | #231
No, it was fine until I guess the patch to fix the broken game was deployed. This week. But then again I barely played during dantooine.

TrixxieTriss
06.19.2019 , 09:43 PM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
No, it was fine until I guess the patch to fix the broken game was deployed. This week. But then again I barely played during dantooine.
I guess it’s also possible your game files became corrupted. Have you tried to do a rebuild?

ThomasStarWars
06.19.2019 , 11:35 PM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I guess it’s also possible your game files became corrupted. Have you tried to do a rebuild?
well i re downloaded the game and it is still freezing.

robertthebard
06.20.2019 , 06:46 AM | #234
well i re downloaded the game and it is still freezing.
That's odd. I played for about 3 hours yesterday with no issues.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

mrphstar
06.20.2019 , 06:55 AM | #235
I can't even run the game for more than 10 minutes before it just freezes on my and locks my computer up or I have to force it shut through windows error.
"through windows error?" are you talkin about blue screens?
if so, its more likely that one or more hardware components are crashing while running the game, due to the heavy load on cpu and partly gpu. overheating would be my first guess.

check your tempretures etc. to find the problem.

(before you say it: yes, your system might run newer games without any problem, but swtor and its engine require high single core frequency, which could cause an overheating core for example. especially if you overclocked and the system is not 100% stable under heavy load.)

ThomasStarWars
06.20.2019 , 08:00 AM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by mrphstar View Post
"through windows error?" are you talkin about blue screens?
if so, its more likely that one or more hardware components are crashing while running the game, due to the heavy load on cpu and partly gpu. overheating would be my first guess.

check your tempretures etc. to find the problem.

(before you say it: yes, your system might run newer games without any problem, but swtor and its engine require high single core frequency, which could cause an overheating core for example. especially if you overclocked and the system is not 100% stable under heavy load.)
nah i meant like, when your application freezes and then after clicking and windows gives an option to force close the application.

robertthebard
06.20.2019 , 09:45 AM | #237
nah i meant like, when your application freezes and then after clicking and windows gives an option to force close the application.
You might want to verify your hardware anyway. You're having a problem that isn't game wide, so it sort of implies that part of the issue is on your end. "but it didn't start until the last update" isn't really relevant, because hardware works just fine, until it doesn't. If a lot of people were experiencing the same issues you are, you can bet there'd be a handful of threads on the first page, since a search, or just scanning the first page for a topic regarding an issue seems to be taboo in the MMO community at large.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

ThomasStarWars
06.20.2019 , 09:55 AM | #238
I did ask in the game chat the problem and one or two did say they were having problems as well.

Not everyone goes on game forums.

RameiArashi
06.21.2019 , 08:42 AM | #239
Not a bug I encountered. Most of my characters in strongholds. No problems logging in.