Armor clipping.

that_Spartan_IV

I noticed there's a lot of armor that has a problem with clipping into other things.

For example, I wear the Eradicator armor set (Who doesn't. I see it everywhere now. >.>) and every time I wear bracers they clip through the gauntlets. Not even the Eradicator bracers work, there's always a bright white triangle sticking out.

But then I discovered that this isn't the only one. Here are a few examples:

Wayfarer's robe

Marka Ragnos' crown (Your head pokes through the back)

Dark Initiate's robe

And there are a few more but I can't remember them.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I know it's not THAT big an issue, but it's really distracting and bothersome.

All of the shorter skirts clip through the character model, such as the skirt from the Handmaidens and Regal sets.

The 'flaps' on Darth Sion's top clip, as do quite a few extraneous flaps on things like the Brawler harnesses or the flaps on the top that looks like the low level Sentinel armor (can't recall the CM version name).

The loincloth bottom from Jori Daragon's set clips through quite a few tops (especially longer robe type tops) right around the waist, even though it should be the most minimal piece to wear under another top.

Almost every extraneous doodad hanging from the waist on tops with nothing around the waist clip through skirts and many times clip between the legs when wearing pants.

I'd love to be able to wear something like an athletic or bra type top WITHOUT doodads all around my waist matched with a nice pair of pants or one of the shorter skirts, all without clipping, but sadly that is impossible.

Edited by DawnAskham

I've been wanting to buy the Calo Nord set for ages, but it was out of my price range. Then this weekend I saw a boxed set on sale that I could afford....and I almost bought it.

Thank goodness I previewed it first.

The clipping was terrible, I'm sad to say. Blaster handles poke out the back, and my entire LEG clips with the coat. I was very disappointed, and decided to forgo buying the set. Please, fix it!

I am also growing weary of watching my capes drag along on the ground below my speeders. I feel like a street sweeper. I love the cape look, but my tolerance level for the cape/speeder clipping issue is reaching an all-time low. :(

Armor clipping can be pretty bad in this game, it is one of my chief annoyances and makes a lot of nice styles unusable to me. :mad:

Hood clipping is currently my biggest beef. My character's bald head clips through the hood model used by the Diabolist chestpiece, and it is very annoying. But I use it anyway because it is less annoying than having long robes that clip through speeders, and I really wanted the hooded robe look for my Sith. >.<

What really bugs me is that I know they could fix it. Other hood models in the game don't clip like this. And long ago, my Miraluka's mask clipped through the Omenbringer's robe hood, but it was fixed (snuck in with patch 1.2 I believe?).

Please, Bioware, more clipping fixes and less new gear with clipping issues!

Edited by Gwena

I really hate how some of it seems so easy to see before you make it. Take a look at the Eradicator's gauntlets (which clip with every single wrist piece in game, INCLUDING it's own) and the Scalene chest piece (seriously, this one doesn't even work with the legs from the VERY SAME set) and Calo Nords.

Wouldn't they have seen these things BEFORE they put them in game, especially considering that it isn't special mixes of armor that cause this, it's the same armor sets.

• 1 month later...

As far as the robes hanging out of speeders go, thats because in the preview tab the speeder is a "solid object" but in game its exactly as permeable as our characters themselves in order to prevent people with the bigger speeders, deslers, korrealis, the Yellow Submarine, etc., from blocking access to banks, mail boxes, stuff of that nature. And since those portions of the clothing are affected by the physics engine, they fall through.

If you had enough people, you could literally shut down fleet, no one could buy anything, train anything, interact with their bank, zilch.

Edited by Dras_Keto

It really annoys the hell out of me. The Marka Ragnos set looks awesome on a Sith Pureblood male, but the helmet is bugged and half of my characters head is poking out of the back.

There is a similar issue with Calo Nord's hat. I love that hat...looks great on female toons, but on male toons it's bugged and the back of their skull sticks out, just like you described. When you figure we're paying real money for this stuff, you figure they might actually take the time to test it and fix clipping issues. :(

Edited by Lunafox

It seems this primarily occurs with CM armor, and much less often with regular in-game armor.

This is true of both launch and 2.0 sets.

I imagine for the sake of expediency, the BW folks responsible for the CM armors simply don't fix all (or most) of the clipping issues for armor that is sold on the CM, especially the ones in packs. It's just too much work to do for so many armor sets.

I find there is less clipping, generally, if your characters are body type 2, male or female.

Edited by arunav

Wouldn't they have seen these things BEFORE they put them in game, especially considering that it isn't special mixes of armor that cause this, it's the same armor sets.

Welcome to the free to play/cash shop sales system. I'm sure that there are strict deadlines when it comes to preparing new armor sets, since the CM packs have to be prepared for release, concept art and preview screenshots gathered, etc. while the armor is in development. There just isn't time to dot every I and cross every T. I'm also sure that the people who work on these things care about creating a good product, but if they don't have time to correct the errors before release it's even harder to find the time afterwards to go back and fix mistakes when there's a new CM pack being put together.

The company makes more money from people opening packs to get the latest cool armor set than they will from satisfying the last few holdouts from previous CM packs who refuse to buy anything until their armor is fixed. And then the people who collect the latest cool armor set find out that this one has clipping issues too...

I find there is less clipping, generally, if your characters are body type 2, male or female.

That's the default selection for new toons, and the most often used body type by far. The armor sets would be designed around this kind of model, and there might not always be time to check how it looks on other body types.

I really hate how the robes clip through all the speeders. Look ridiculous to have the robe sticking far out of the bottom of the speeder as you cruise along. Wish they could fix that.

^This

Kinda looks like my mount is poo'in clothes.....and for how much some of the mounts and armor cost in this game, you would think they take the time to make sure they work together :rolleyes:

It seems this primarily occurs with CM armor, and much less often with regular in-game armor.

I imagine for the sake of expediency, the BW folks responsible for the CM armors simply don't fix all (or most) of the clipping issues for armor that is sold on the CM, especially the ones in packs. It's just too much work to do for so many armor sets.

There might be less clipping, but it still exists. All of my toons are body 2 male or female, and I have clipping issues, specially Calo Nord's hat on my males, which is unfortunate, because I really like it that one.

Body 1 female also works quite well

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...