Companion Romance Question-Spoiler

cyvaris

So, I'm returning from around a three year hiatus and finally finished out KotET and I have some questions regarding how companion romance interacts. My Inquisitor started the Lana romance during KotFE, but didn't take any of the follow up options during KotET. Now all the alerts are open and I can recruit Ashara, my question though is how does this interact with the

Arcann

romance? Can I flirt with him/start the romance, then go pick Ashara up and flirt with her/resume her romance? Does

Arcann

lock me in or would Ashara's override it and then can continue? Just wondering.

Edited by cyvaris

I don't know how it would go for Ashara, but on one of my SW i dumped Lana to take Quinn back, then started a romance with Arcann. The romance with Lana was effectively over, but it seems like the romance with Quinn and Arcann were both active.

It was probably a bug though as it shoul normally keep the last romance you started, so technically my SW should've been with Arcann, but not with Quinn anymore.

I'd say that you should probably pick the romance you want to keep last, just to be sure. So if you want to keep Ashara, try Arcann first and then take Ashara, but if you want to keep Arcann, take Ashara's alert first and then start the romance with Arcann.

It's complicated. If you get one of those "romance warning" popups and "confirm" it, it closes all existing romances. If you confirm one, then confirm another, the first one will generate one of two things:

* Some variant of the mission "Things Left Unsaid" if the now-closed romance was with Lana, Theron, or Koth.

* A mail from the jilted person.

I haven't triggered "Things Left Unsaid" except on one character who got the buggy version of TLU that happens on Inquisitrixes who touch nobody except Andronikos before and during KotFE/ET and then do his return alert and renew the romance. It's buggy because you can get the TLU mission, but you cannot complete it because you shouldn't have it, and nobody shows up.

So in your case, romancing Arcann in his alert will give you TLU with Lana, and then doing the Ashara alert afterwards and renewing your thing with her will break off the Arcann thing and give you an unhappy mail from Arcann.

From what I've *seen* (no audio for ... reasons) on YouTube videos of Lana's version of TLU, she's *devastated* by the break-up. You might want to consider that.

I don't know how it would go for Ashara, but on one of my SW i dumped Lana to take Quinn back, then started a romance with Arcann. The romance with Lana was effectively over, but it seems like the romance with Quinn and Arcann were both active.

It was probably a bug though as it shoul normally keep the last romance you started, so technically my SW should've been with Arcann, but not with Quinn anymore.

I'd say that you should probably pick the romance you want to keep last, just to be sure. So if you want to keep Ashara, try Arcann first and then take Ashara, but if you want to keep Arcann, take Ashara's alert first and then start the romance with Arcann.

This is basically what I was wondering, as in can I go Lana>Arcaan>Ashara without something "locking out" along the way. Mostly, I'm just kind of bored and want to see how many "romances" I can send a character through. I'm mildly interested to see what kind of havoc it wrecks on the companions as well and general space polyamory is fun.

Edited by cyvaris

You know one thing I hate about being able to romance companions? You can’t actually be like the Sith Warrior and Smuggler are implied to be—“Why not both of you?” “I will have you both, and you will like it.” Like, come on. They’re on another level, and we can’t get it. They’re super dark side, but they won’t have two wives? Or 7? And he still calls himself a Sith Lord? Noob.

I liked it in the KOTOR games where your dialogue choices were like a mini-game that could either screw you or do something awesome for you, and it’d be hilarious and more immersive if we could pick the right dialogue choices to trick our companions into thinking they’re the only one for us. That’s be so funny.

. I'm mildly interested to see what kind of havoc it wrecks on the companions as well and general space polyamory is fun.

It doesn't wreak** havoc on any companion, whether you romance them, marry them, romance others, or whatever. After any brief kiss, break-up, or whatever scene they go back to being the same old same old.

There is, for example, no difference in the actions of Risha on my gunslinger that is married to her, versus Risha on my second gunslinger, who is not married to her. Both of them say the same things during battle and when you just click on them. (And both GSs are level 70 and both Rishas are influence 50.)

** Grammar police. The proper word is "wreak", not "wreck".

Edited by JediQuaker