I wont buy another gametime card, seemsi quit swtor

Justbee

2 Years have passed sind SWTOR was released. Doing a summary shows what we get in this period:

- 1 new planet, with a little basic q line, and some mini qs for both factions.

- 1 new warzone and arenas in pvp

- some cm stuff fur rp players emotes and dye modules

- 2 returning events (gree/bounty) and 2 one-time events (raks n chevin)

- a ****load of new boring meaningless daily quest hubs

- 5 New Ops (i dont considers goldenfury as an extra op...)

well in most other mmos u get this amount of content in less than a year...

ok gsf is out, but i and most of my guild mates dislike gsf. its slow, boring, 2 maps, no joysticks to much for arcade fun, far to less for a real simulator. AND i play a mmo, i wanna play my char(s), if i wanna do some flight simulation stuff i play world of warplanes...

gsf is a minigame for me, something extra....like fishing in wow...but u hype it like it is real content ?

for a mmo ?

the problem is, i luv this game, really...its star wars, its lightsabres....its fun but its getting more and more boring. if u do hardcore raids u have nothing else to do. doing dailys for basic or elite comms `why ? as hc raidplayer u just need ultimate comms.

but the only chance to farm them is in operations and some in hc fps. there is no chance to farm them at the morning or in the late night or at least some in solo play.

so i log in do hc raids with my guild and log of.

leveling an alt ? i got enuf of them, and im not interested in doing more of them on the old planets...even with double exp, its boring.

and what if they lvl 55 ? again i need hc raids to improve their gear...

there is no chance to improved ur char without ulti comms....

so what to do ? i dislike gsf, i dont really like pvp, crafting is meaningless as hell...(78 gear still not craftable ??)

now a big amout of my guildmates went inactive, so doing hc raids is getting harder and harder...i dont think u will bring fast new pve content, ur still hyping gsf. so my time seems to be over. i wanna play this game and not wait 2-4 hours a day wating for an operation group.... raidfinding tool stil not provide DF and DP, still no 16 mode ops...not even golden fury...

sorry for my english, germn poster here, btw we are no 2nd class customers. we wanna talk to some1 yellow too, we pay the same subs, we buy the same ccs.

i wont buy another gametime card, i dont think there will be new content soon, and i dont mean nightmare mode for dp and df, only 5% of all pve players will play them. i mean real content for pve, chances to improve ur char. options to spend time with meaningfull things, no 1 needs elite or basic comms besides making money.

;´(

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW had 10 new raids in the recent expansion. I wonder where all that $250 million budget went towards

The fact is, this game was made for the casual player who likes story content. There's nothing hardcore about this game.

Edited by Rileysoph

Ya, that list does look bad. As someone who just came back near the release time. *Quit like 2-3 months after release* I thought this long would be enough for them to get things right.

If what you are saying is true, That really blows that is all that has got added during that time.

I will tell them what I told them during testing of this game.

LFG is needed, they argue about that. *and looks like I was right they added it. Go figure*

Crafting needs to be a huge focus on end game, Lots of former SWG players who enjoyed a very good crafting system. Focus some on the crafting and you will keep some players. Not sure if they did or not.

End game matters, You can have a amazing story that is fine, but once people get to end game, they need more to do. Dailies is a nice staple to keep people busy, but it is not end game, Even wow has learned a lesson about that, and is as we speak changing up how they do things.

I'm not sure why they have not focus on adding the story, maybe it is just too hard? I mean voice acting, tons of classes, each with his or her own story. That in itself might be the problem?

For a MMO to live, it needs steady and GOOD content updates, at a nice speed, If the story is the selling point of this game, why has the story not been touch for so long?

Well like I said in another thread, I'm here to give it another chance, and if it fails, I won't be back. EQ landmark and Next is around the corner.

This all could have been avoided, this game could have been top dog, if you would have just listen to us testers. We warned you, we told you this would happen, and you ignored and told us we are were wrong. That your vision of a mmo is all about story. That LFG took away the social part of a mmo. This is what happens when you don't listen to the players.

and I just saw the picture in my sig, I forgot I had...man that reminds me of how upset I really was at them. lol

Edited by Teladis

i luv this game, really...its star wars, its lightsabres....

it is shocking how many people list exactly these reasons, star wars and lightsabers.

So if EA's Battlefront and open world SW multiplayer game come out, guess what will happen to TORs population..

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

it is shocking how many people list exactly these reasons, star wars and lightsabers.

So if EA's Battlefront and open world SW multiplayer game come out, guess what will happen to TORs population..

I like KOTOR world, and I like the style this game is.

But there has not been much story update for so long, that I am getting sad.

The fact that this starting to feel like the last KOTOR we will ever have is also sad.

WoW had 10 new raids in the recent expansion. I wonder where all that $250 million budget went towards

The fact is, this game was made for the casual player who likes story content. There's nothing hardcore about this game.

There doesn't need to be anything hardcore about this game. Star Wars was never about being "hardcore". It was about being fun and entertaining with a storyline that everyone could get behind. This game was never meant to be WoW with lightsabers. It was meant to be something more, and, imo, it is.

There doesn't need to be anything hardcore about this game. Star Wars was never about being "hardcore". It was about being fun and entertaining with a storyline that everyone could get behind. This game was never meant to be WoW with lightsabers. It was meant to be something more, and, imo, it is.

Take another look at Teladis' sig pic man, I think it may very much have been meant to be WoW with lightsabers.

Hard to argue with hard evidence.

(...)i wont buy another gametime card (...)(

Dear OP, I would sign your (whole) message immediately. I agree with it 100%. I wouldn't even wonder if we would be in the same guild after what you wrote about your's (although it is unlikely). ;)

The only difference I would add is: You get 60 day-gametime cards for 13 Euros these days on Ebay.de. I figured that this is so little money per month, I will continue to buy them, just to stay a sub. Somehow, I dislike the idea of getting downgraded to prefered. ;)

Thats exactly the reason why this game is still alive, because of the star wars logo and lightsabers. Star wars is such a huge ip and ea have taken advantage of it

Funny thing you should say that because some of the classes in this game have the exact same skills as those in WoW.

And people weren't expecting it to be a WoW clone (which it is imo) and people thought it would be a WoW killer...how wrong they were.

Funny thing you should say that because some of the classes in this game have the exact same skills as those in WoW.

And people weren't expecting it to be a WoW clone (which it is imo) and people thought it would be a WoW killer...how wrong they were.

Didnt WoW report losing about 4 million subs recently? SWTOR had nothing to do with that, I'm sure, and a WoW killer it is not, but it's still a good game.

And on that note, I'd also like to mention that there is nothing "hardcore" about playing video games 23 hours a day. Do you get up and eat glass for breakfast? Are you a lumberjack? NO. You are not hardcore. There is nothing hardcore about your lifestyle. You play a video game too much.

If someone, who can't even get the expansion numbers right, wants to quit because this game isn't "hardcore" enough, good riddance.

That's not really a valid reason as to why it's still alive. "fun and enjoyable" that's just an opinion.

Well, I came for the KotOR content and stayed because the game is fun and enjoyable for me. The fact that it was Star Wars never really made a difference for me personally.

IMO Bioware did exactly the same thing as WoW did, when it went live first.

They copied the good stuff from previous MMOs and added some new stuff, that others did not have before (okay, Wow did hardly do that last part, they mostly just copied other MMOs, but that is not the topic).

Bioware was designing a Themepark MMO. That was known from the start. It was known from the start that it would be class and level based and it would have skill trees. And to be honest, I do not care for a skill comparison with WoW. I play a game for the whole package and for the ammount of fun I get from playing it, and in that case SWTOR is lightyears ahead of WoW FOR ME. Millions of players who play WoW and not SWTOR see it different, but that does not matter, as it is okay to have different opinions.

The OP got the opinion, that SWTOR did not deliver enough stuff within 2 years to make him pay for another GTC... that is his personal opinion and it is okay.

It is my opinion, that SWTOR is evolving well enough for me to keep my subscription and that is okay as well.

That's not really a valid reason as to why it's still alive. "fun and enjoyable" that's just an opinion.

If we are going by that logic, everything you've ever said since showing up here has been nothing but an opinion. But since that logic is silly, Fun and Enjoyable are good reasons for why a game is still alive.

to the op, since release 2 maps were added to warzones not just 1. Also, Makeb was not the only planet added, there is also Oricon and CZ-198. Also, rakghouls are returning in a new way for a new event next year. There is also the life day event coming next week right after the bounty event ends. As for GSF, people like it the que times would not be so low otherwise, and the whole thing has not technically been completely released yet, we are still in early access, bombers and infiltrators are still on the way, and the flashpoints and story to accompany GSF. I understand that some people don't like it but many still do, again as evidenced by the low que times.

to the op, since release 2 maps were added to warzones not just 1. Also, Makeb was not the only planet added, there is also Oricon and CZ-198. Also, rakghouls are returning in a new way for a new event next year. There is also the life day event coming next week right after the bounty event ends. As for GSF, people like it the que times would not be so low otherwise, and the whole thing has not technically been completely released yet, we are still in early access, bombers and infiltrators are still on the way, and the flashpoints and story to accompany GSF. I understand that some people don't like it but many still do, again as evidenced by the low que times.

Oricon and Czerka aren't really full planets though, just extra areas for dailies located on planets. Apples and Oranges, I know.

2 Years have passed sind SWTOR was released. Doing a summary shows what we get in this period:

- 1 new planet, with a little basic q line, and some mini qs for both factions.

- 1 new warzone and arenas in pvp

- some cm stuff fur rp players emotes and dye modules

- 2 returning events (gree/bounty) and 2 one-time events (raks n chevin)

- a ****load of new boring meaningless daily quest hubs

- 5 New Ops (i dont considers goldenfury as an extra op...)

(

makeb

oricon

secx

bh

czerka

2new WZ+4v4 ones

+pvp space pvp

and there were no ops at the launch at all. or even HM fp, game changed a lot during this time so quit whinning.

Edited by RaptorClown