Add-ons are stupid and damage analysis is not.

I wanted to start a new thread so not as to derail the other one. For this post as well, YES I am comparing it to WoW, as it is the most popular MMO, and therefore, I'm sure some of you readers will understand my points better. Also, I realize there are bigger issues in the game than this, and am not asking for it to be immediately addressed. This is more of a discussion.

I come from 2 years+ of competitive WoW raiding(Currently 39th in the US for 25M raiding). In those 2 years I almost never needed add-ons to compete. I knew if I did good dps based on...well...if I hit my buttons when I was supposed to. I never needed add-ons to move out of any proverbial fire. The only time I got DBM was when we were learning Heroic Lich King and it was "required" so other raiders who tunnel visioned would see my "blah blah blah on me" spam over my head.

In those 2 years, I got recount as well. I've tanked 5 man's, raids, etc. on my deathknight. And people in pretty good gear, are sometimes below me in damage. Would I think they are based on gear? Certainly not, but I instead have solid proof that shows otherwise.

This game, as with all other MMO's, will have it's good and bad pugs. It's a fact of MMO life. I don't want DBM, just like I didn't want it in WoW. It takes the fun out of the fight. But pugging, and wiping to enrages cause dps is atrocious, is also not fun. And the fact I can't figure out who is bad at their rotation, is just upsetting.

To those against a simple damage parsing, I ask you why? Unless you're the one at the bottom of the meters causing 7 or 15 other people to wipe, why does it matter to you if people know how much dps you do?

Begin the trolling!

I totally back this. We NEED damage parsing dammit.

Macros would be awesome as well, as I hate having to memorize 2 zillion keys, but damage parsing is such a necessary feature of raiding that I feel kind of bored without it. (Healing and damage parsing).

More stats the better. Some of you aren't into stats, well a heck of a lot of us are. If there's no combat logs added to this game I might have to find a new one to play.

I don't see the huge deal with adding this into the game. If you don't like "stat spammers", then join a guild that doesn't have such people in it. Nobody's forcing people to use combat logs, it's a choice, and for some of us it's a necessary part of enjoying raiding.