Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My theory on the Eternal Empire.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
My theory on the Eternal Empire.

Anysao
09.27.2015 , 03:00 PM | #91
The most recent livestream of Chapter 1 hosts a space battle/massacre in the Wild Space sector of the Galaxy. Last I checked this borders the Rishi Maze. Perhaps this theory of mine has finally been debunked- still, we've only seen portions of two of the sixteen chapters in Knights of the Fallen Empire.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

BlkBug
09.29.2015 , 01:13 AM | #92
I took the SI story on rishi as
Spoiler

but I did see hints to what may be coming and that is interesting.

Anysao
09.29.2015 , 07:56 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by BlkBug View Post
I took the SI story on rishi as
Spoiler

but I did see hints to what may be coming and that is interesting.
Yes, but what would the Mother Machine have to do with the Rishi Maze?
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

AshlaBoga
09.29.2015 , 03:54 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Yes, but what would the Mother Machine have to do with the Rishi Maze?
Well it's revealed that the Eternal Empire didn't create the Eternal Fleet and they merely acquired the method in which the fleet was built.

Maybe the Rakata built the original fleet and so Rakata technology has been sending data to the Eternal Empire?
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

LordDelectus
09.30.2015 , 10:51 AM | #95
I think the original theory on the Rishi Maze is correct, when I first heard of another hidden empire, that is where my mind jumped. That side story was rather random. My guess is that story-boarding for KotFE began while development for SoR was wrapping up. A nice Easter egg.

Two things. The Infinite Empire likely had thousands and thousands of massive warships. I would not be surprised if these were lost or abandoned as that empire began to collapse.

Also...when you look at the eternal fleet's capital ships...they sort of resemble a Rakata head, IMO.

My guess is that Valky and Vitiate are the same person, which one is the "real" I am unsure. Vitiate did something for 1,300 years other than interact with his people. My guess is that he mentally was switching to the Valkoryian host. Or Valkorian controlled Vitiate from the day he was born

Anysao
09.30.2015 , 11:18 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDelectus View Post
I think the original theory on the Rishi Maze is correct, when I first heard of another hidden empire, that is where my mind jumped. That side story was rather random. My guess is that story-boarding for KotFE began while development for SoR was wrapping up. A nice Easter egg.

Two things. The Infinite Empire likely had thousands and thousands of massive warships. I would not be surprised if these were lost or abandoned as that empire began to collapse.

Also...when you look at the eternal fleet's capital ships...they sort of resemble a Rakata head, IMO.

My guess is that Valky and Vitiate are the same person, which one is the "real" I am unsure. Vitiate did something for 1,300 years other than interact with his people. My guess is that he mentally was switching to the Valkoryian host. Or Valkorian controlled Vitiate from the day he was born
Actually, the Infinite Empire was quite small in comparison to modern superpowers. The Galactic Empire had a total of 19 million full member systems at the time of A New Hope... In comparison, the Rakata only controlled 500 planets. They were constricted to planets with extremely strong amounts of life or the Force (Kashyyyk or Korriban, for example).

Vitiate is Valkorion, yes.

And those ships don't look very Rakata-like. To see Rakata ships, look at Malak's Star Forge fleet from KOTOR.

My guess is someone like the Gree- would explain why the entire armada is automated.

Anysao
10.06.2015 , 07:17 PM | #97
One fortnight.

Anysao
10.26.2015 , 09:28 AM | #98
So it seems the Eternal Empire has actually been hiding out in Wild Space. That seems surprising, since I would've thought Wild Space would be much more traveled than the Rishi Maze. Furthermore, I wish we knew of some other planets that make up this Empire. We only visited Zakuul, so we never got a chance to see just how much territory Arcann holds.

...Also, where were the Shadow of Revan and Ziost references we were told about?

Irregardful, I want to thank everyone who shared this thread with me. It's been great fun conspiring with you all!

gothshark
10.27.2015 , 07:26 AM | #99
my 2 credits.

So I have actually been thinking on this subject myself. Here is what I have considered as possibilities.

spoiler tags, in case I guess right.
Spoiler
For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. -Douglas Adams

Ruthless_Odin
10.27.2015 , 11:20 PM | #100
This has slight KotFE spoilers:
Spoiler