This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again.

keepitabovethe

Gneral Forum is not the Technical Issues Forum which is at this Link

Unspecified Error can be caused by a number of things including a local net issue and is why the Unspecified Error Guide at this Link says if it doesn't help it is best to wait 24 hours initially.

As xordevoreaux mentions rebooting the PC is the first step to sort this issue.

be aware Unspecified Error is a Streaming (Bitraider) Error only, Worst case Switching Patch methods per this link may get you back up and running ( Note it is a new game install though)

Edited by OwenBrooks

I ran into this little debacle myself these last few days (and at least once prior over the years), and found this link to be of help... https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-Unspecified-Error/m-p/5881847#M21

I believe it's the same link as the guy above me.

This fixed my log-in problem yesterday...

- Open-up 'Task Manager' and then find 'Processes'

- From there, just 'End Process' on anything that says 'BitRaider'

Edited by lymphangioma

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
it used to be swtor admins helped but now yea EA U CANT TIPE PROBLEM ONLY CHOOSE ONE OF THOSE. IM PAYING MONEY FOR PLAY NOT FOR ERRORS! OR AFTER EVERY 5 MINS GAMEPAY REINSTALL GAME ! do we look like cows to u?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it used to be swtor admins helped but now yea EA U CANT TIPE PROBLEM ONLY CHOOSE ONE OF THOSE. IM PAYING MONEY FOR PLAY NOT FOR ERRORS! OR AFTER EVERY 5 MINS GAMEPAY REINSTALL GAME ! do we look like cows to u?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moo? :D

Joking aside, is it the same issue as the title? and have you followed the trouble shoot/advice others have given?

A lot of the time, the issue is Bit raider, had to remove it a numbers of times from my laptops because of issues.

Edited by DarkTergon

I have rebooted, re-installed game checked firewall deleted bitraider files and NOTHING is working.

If you reinstall as non streaming the error has to be gone , it is impossible to exist under non streaming

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-How-to-Switch-to-Non-Streaming-Launcher/td-p/4867417/jump-to/first-unread-message

Edited by OwenBrooks

IS IT A JOKE? IT'S BEEN 5 YEARS SINCE THE FIRST MESSAGE, WE STILL GET THIS ISSUE.

WHEN DO YOU PLAN TO SOLVE IT PROPERLY BUT NOT TO RELY ON THE RESOURCEFULNESS OF THE SUBSCRIBERS?

Indeed everything EA touches it becomes a crap afterwards. Were waiting for several months to fix skill bugs in FIFA20, the same is here.

Edited by Neman_

• 3 weeks later...
This works as of May 2020

This fixed my log-in problem yesterday...

- Open-up 'Task Manager' and then find 'Processes'

- From there, just 'End Process' on anything that says 'BitRaider'

It does work sometimes, but not all the times, those who had the issue haven't come back, so hopefully it was a simple fix, and they are happy, and not that they've left or given up

Edited by DarkTergon

• 5 weeks later...
It does work sometimes, but not all the times, those who had the issue haven't come back, so hopefully it was a simple fix, and they are happy, and not that they've left or given up

Well it just worked for me to get away the unspecified error. And I came back ;)

However I won't cheer before the launcher has finished his reorganizing data and patching :)

And I guess an errormessage that is so unspecific could have a myriade of possible causes.

Edited by Ismodej

• 1 month later...
So I just spent 2 hours on this. I have updated Windows 10, Updated drivers for my video card (AMD Radeon RX 5700), uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Shut off all applications of Bit Raider in Task manager and restarted game. I disabled firewall settings. All of those things do NOT help. I have 5 days left on the subscription and I am DONE. I refuse to pay for a game that should have fixed this months ago. I am sure others have quit too, just not stated it, but honestly, what is the use, when I have to go through all of this just to play. I hope the Devs pay attention to this, but It sounds as though this has fallen on deaf ears the entire time, so I would be surprised if they even pay attention.

If you reinstall as non streaming the error has to be gone , it is impossible to exist under non streaming

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-How-to-Switch-to-Non-Streaming-Launcher/td-p/4867417/jump-to/first-unread-message

or install and play through steam that also uses non streaming

Edited by OwenBrooks

So I just spent 2 hours on this. I have updated Windows 10, Updated drivers for my video card (AMD Radeon RX 5700), uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.

There are more drivers than just the graphics one. Make sure ALL your drivers - graphics, audio, chipset, LAN, etc - are up to date.

Glad you posted this OwenBrooks. I actually just came back into the thread to state that I HAD reinstalled using Steam and it is now working. It appears that the fix is just use Steam instead. Annoying, but fixed. I am wondering if they are no longer supporting the streaming services of BitRaider.

or install and play through steam that also uses non streaming

• 9 months later...