Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Gearing questions

RandomNobody's Avatar


RandomNobody
09.05.2017 , 01:02 PM | #1
So I haven't bothered trying to throw together decent gear since before 5.0 but now I actually have a bunch of crates to open and several thousand command tokens. I just have to figure out which equipment to keep or disintegrate, still debating between say higher level blue or lower level purple. I'm not going for hardcore raiding but I might try uprising or flashpoints later (so pve only).

So for dps, basically get to 730 or so accuracy, then go crit, then alacrity depending on the class? But are unlettered or lethal A mods better? I think mastery is better but does the difference matter much?

As for tanking, the guides recommend bulwark/bastion but all the crate gear comes with immunity/sturdiness. I guess higher level bulwark/bastion only comes from ops gear, so I'll probably just settle for blue/purple immunity/sturdiness 240 enhancements?

And no idea where the b mods went (ops gear?), I miss commendation gear. Is Warding or Warding A better? Or is a higher level blue warding A mod with more endurance better than a lower level purple unlettered warding mod with more defense rating?

Its probably not worth it to min-max that much, but I like to try and join stuff like the gree ops fight sometimes so I want to fiddle with my gear as much as I can, now that I have enough mods and enhancements to mess around with. And I won't bother trying to mix dps mods with tanking, that's probably beyond me.

dipstik's Avatar


dipstik
09.13.2017 , 05:05 PM | #2
for dps you want a few hundred more points of crit than alacrity, go with unlettered mods. blue enhancements are useful for alts/off spec.

for heals you want about even alacrity and crit, unlettered mods.

for tanking you want b-mods, which is only from crafting, but the A mods are better than the unlettered mods. the implants and ears with higher endurance are pretty good. tanks have the hardest time gearing i think. theoretically, if u use all bmods you should be okay, but finding the higher endurance enhancements will help get your hp up. you want to make sure that when you trade a defensive stat for health, you arent trading at less than 1:1, since thats what you could get with augments.

Exocor's Avatar


Exocor
09.13.2017 , 06:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
for tanking you want b-mods, which is only from crafting, but the A mods are better than the unlettered mods. the implants and ears with higher endurance are pretty good. tanks have the hardest time gearing i think. theoretically, if u use all bmods you should be okay, but finding the higher endurance enhancements will help get your hp up. you want to make sure that when you trade a defensive stat for health, you arent trading at less than 1:1, since thats what you could get with augments.
That's all right. I would add, that you can use Lethal B-Mods as a Shadow/Sin-Tank. When you are not experienced, they will help you, to maintain threat. When you are experienced, they will help you, to do more DPS. With full 248's + lethal B-Mods you have ~33% defense chance. With warding B-mods, you have 35%, with warding unlettered mods, you have around 36,5%. Thats not a big deal, to run without that little more defense chance and to do a bit more DPS instead.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
09.15.2017 , 11:01 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Exocor View Post
That's all right. I would add, that you can use Lethal B-Mods as a Shadow/Sin-Tank. When you are not experienced, they will help you, to maintain threat. When you are experienced, they will help you, to do more DPS. With full 248's + lethal B-Mods you have ~33% defense chance. With warding B-mods, you have 35%, with warding unlettered mods, you have around 36,5%. Thats not a big deal, to run without that little more defense chance and to do a bit more DPS instead.
I know guardian and vg tanks who use the lethal b mods too. Even for guardians defense is well within the diminishing returns category.

Exocor's Avatar


Exocor
09.17.2017 , 12:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I know guardian and vg tanks who use the lethal b mods too. Even for guardians defense is well within the diminishing returns category.
Even though Defense is in the area of diminishing returns, it helps. I try to stay above 30% in combat (so, with Blade Barricade, Guardian/Jugg is barely able to reach this numbers). The reason is, to have a reliable DCD with Deflection/Saber Ward. Being above 80% Defense Rating with DCD grants immortality to MR-Damage (combined with accuracy debuff).

However, I'll give it a try. What stats do Guardian and Vanguard have with Lethal B-Mods and 248-stuff otherwise?
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

Equeliber's Avatar


Equeliber
09.17.2017 , 06:13 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Exocor View Post
Even though Defense is in the area of diminishing returns, it helps. I try to stay above 30% in combat (so, with Blade Barricade, Guardian/Jugg is barely able to reach this numbers). The reason is, to have a reliable DCD with Deflection/Saber Ward. Being above 80% Defense Rating with DCD grants immortality to MR-Damage (combined with accuracy debuff).

However, I'll give it a try. What stats do Guardian and Vanguard have with Lethal B-Mods and 248-stuff otherwise?
I run Lethal B mods on guardian tank as well. Guardian gets +5% proc with 100% uptime and +6% proc with about 85% uptime. Definitely enough defense.

RandomNobody's Avatar


RandomNobody
09.26.2017 , 07:23 PM | #7
Thank you for the answers. I kind of forgot about this thread after a while, whoops.

I play a shadow tank, but while I'll augment the gear I probably won't go for all out min-max. And I'd get slaughtered in PVP os I usually only stick to PVE. So b-mods can only be crafted, do the recipes drop from ops or pvp gear boxes? Haven't seen any of that in the regular command crate drops. Well, guess I can try out a few PVP fights at least.

Ok, my next project is to set up a legacy set of armor for my DPS Shadows (even if they are about to be nerfed).

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
09.27.2017 , 11:37 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomNobody View Post
Thank you for the answers. I kind of forgot about this thread after a while, whoops.

I play a shadow tank, but while I'll augment the gear I probably won't go for all out min-max. And I'd get slaughtered in PVP os I usually only stick to PVE. So b-mods can only be crafted, do the recipes drop from ops or pvp gear boxes? Haven't seen any of that in the regular command crate drops. Well, guess I can try out a few PVP fights at least.

Ok, my next project is to set up a legacy set of armor for my DPS Shadows (even if they are about to be nerfed).
Yes the b mods are crafted and yes the schematic has a chance at dropping in crates (and probably ops, though I'm not certain how loot tables work for them or if it's just random). I have no patience for crafting personally so I had a guildie make mine.

Legacy gear is the way to go, I have 3 sets for my guardians dps, skank, and tank.