Visions and Visionaries

Suzina

This class quest is insanely hard.

I had to get help for it. My fight against one boss alone required me to never miss an inturrupt, and as a healer to combo resurgance (for crit from force bending), innervate (for force surge to make consumption free) and then consompution to restore my health. If I got unlucky with the crits 3 times in a row, I lost. If I missed an inturrupt on her twice in a row, I lost because one boss could two-shot Khem Val. And I had to keep this up for over 5 minutes of fighting.

This is the same level as the quest. Underlevel? forget it. That was fine for the previous quests in the chain, but not this one.

EDIT: Also frustrating with this quest, if you die in the dream there's no medical probe and no respawn location nearby. You have to drive from town each time. And there's a spot to the right archway where if you jump trying to avoid some golden crab dreams, you get stuck and /stuck always kills you, never actually unstucks you.

Edited by Suzina

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i soloed everything and it cost me a ton of money.

it would have been smarter to ask my big clan for help but i took it as a challenge.

im a dps assassin and khem didnt work.

i had to go healer for 2 of the big boys and blaser boy for last.

It's definitely a pain, but I got through it at 43 as a tank specced assassin. The thing to remember here is the same thing people forget before that certain climactic fight at the end of Act I- even with NPCs, if a spell has a cast time and targets you, it can be LoSed.

I did this at level and succeeded by about 10% of life. Tough fight but ever since level 40 i've started spending money on gear and good upgrades for me and khem...like looking at every slot of orange gear and spending commendations or AH'ing for upgrades. Also make sure your relics are up to date and pop them accordingly.

I tend to do all the current space dailies (although they seem way harder at around level 45 than ever before) and the pvp daily (till I win) before doing anything else, which nets me enough money to support my new upgrade habit.

:eek:?

Really? I been ranting to my whole guild about how fun and powerful my Tankasin is in PVE and world PvP so far. I've been solo'ing (on purpose because I like a challenge) heroic 2 mans at level and sometimes higher level, elites up to 3 levels higher, some champs up to 2 levels higher and strong up to about 5 levels higher and groups of normal mobs up-to 8 levels higher..

Are we playing the same game?

PS I've killed every player I've encountered in World PvP without a single death from 1-50.. Counting upwards of 100+ 1v1 encounters. I've fought every class and more than once 2 at a time and still come out the winner. This is the swiss army knife of a class.. it has a button for every situation.

Edited by Aethyrprime

:eek:?

Really? I been ranting to my whole guild about how fun and powerful my Tankasin is in PVE and world PvP so far. I've been solo'ing (on purpose because I like a challenge) heroic 2 mans at level and sometimes higher level, elites up to 3 levels higher, some champs up to 2 levels higher and strong up to about 5 levels higher and groups of normal mobs up-to 8 levels higher..

Are we playing the same game?

PS I've killed every player I've encountered in World PvP without a single death from 1-50.. Counting upwards of 100+ 1v1 encounters. I've fought every class and more than once 2 at a time and still come out the winner. This is the swiss army knife of a class.. it has a button for every situation.

I know there are people that are quite good at PvP. I also know that tankasins can be quite good in PvE as well. However, I have to stop and wonder if this is a troll post or not. As soon as you said you never died in PvP from 1-50, killing everyone you faced, I knew you were just a troll. I don't know a single person in any game that can possibly claim they NEVER died once in PvP......

PvP is a competitive realm with many people excelling, some far more than others. But I doubt even the best have NEVER died in PvP coming up in level.

No I am dead serious. I have quite literally ganked the **** out of repubs on the Tomb of Freedon Naad server. Hell I got more than 30 kills in one day on Tatooine alone. I however don't run around like an idiot all time out of stealth, I never use my Oh **** buttons in open world pve. I almost always attack those higher level than me. I rarely attack those lower unless they initiate it.

I understand some might think I am making a joke. But you can ask my guildies as they've been hearing about it for weeks. The IGN is Xaun btw.

I do not count warzones as PVP qualifying of this discussion as that is Mass PvP not "World PvP". I have died quite often in MASS PvP because I am a tank and guard the ball carrier/healers often.

Edited by Aethyrprime

Yes, this quest is insane especially at Thanaton. How he one shots with the lightening I haven't figured out. Even with interrupts on him. Best I have done so far is get him down to 10% then blam he one shots me with the lightening taking all my hp even with Stims and medpac an channel the force going

I soloed the quest first time. I used all my CDs including the 20min one. You have to use your interrupts, stuns, knock backs, knock downs and what not to interrupt the casting.

I think the real problem is that tanks use almost all their different buttons leveling up i use 21 key bindings. And dps usually only use 5-7 key bindings. So tanks are used to pushing buttons for situations while dps not so much. It's muscle memory and memory of oh yeah I have x ability. Like a Godly self heal that resets my stun cd.

I was a tank assassin and used ashara as my companion.

And as far as World PvP goes, I've only died by being knocked off a huge ledge. With as much survivability we have plus a vanish its hard for them to kill you. If you're gonna die vanish and come back when you got the jump.

Edited by Kogarvandalin

Guess what! You get to do it all over again in the follow on ritual nightmare quest. These quests are hard. I did it at 45 and the elite bosses are 47 and it was painful but challenging. I would highly suggest if you solo these quests solo them at >= to 47.

Guess what! You get to do it all over again in the follow on ritual nightmare quest. These quests are hard. I did it at 45 and the elite bosses are 47 and it was painful but challenging. I would highly suggest if you solo these quests solo them at >= to 47.

Agreed. That line of quests are pretty insane. I only managed to complete them at lvl 45 after I asked several 50's in my guild to help me.

This one is hard. I got stuck on Darth Thanaton and it took me awhile to figure out a good strat but I finally got it. The room he is standing in has like a rock pillar in it. Use that to your advantage and LOS him whenever he begins to cast. Use all your interupts and stuns whenever possible then LOS him until you can interupt and stun again. Pretty much just dance around the pillar doing dmg whenever possible.

Solo'd at lvl 43 Deception PVE DPS Spec with Talos healing.

Edited by zgood

This one is hard. I got stuck on Darth Thanaton and it took me awhile to figure out a good strat but I finally got it. The room he is standing in has like a rock pillar in it. Use that to your advantage and LOS him whenever he begins to cast. Use all your interupts and stuns whenever possible then LOS him until you can interupt and stun again. Pretty much just dance around the pillar doing dmg whenever possible.

I died to Thanaton once, then used this tactic and beat him pretty easily.

lvl43 sorcerer chainlightining/madness spec.

• 3 weeks later...

With my Darkness Assassin, I really battled with Zash, and got a friend to help me. Once I got Talos, I absolutely PWND every major battle (Dream sequence, Thanaton, et al), it's just OP.

Rolling a Madness/Lightning Sorc on a different server now, as the last one was dead, and am approaching the Zash fight with great trepidation. This time at least, I am leveling with Khem, so he won't be under-geared -_-

So don't get too frustrated. It's really hard.

This was the hardest quest I have found so far in the game.

I have great all orange gear, had all four class buffs, a stim, and used med kits. And even still didn't get it done until forth try. It's doable but VERY VERY hard and expensive. You need a good bit of luck as well as learning the strategies of each step in what is essentially a 3 boss in a row epic battle.

Death sends you way back which is a bummer. Also watch out because respawns at against Thanaton can stick you with 2 silver dream monsters and gold elite plus a normal dream monster. You can pull them apart abut it's tedious.

Anyone who brags about this quest is probably full of it. It is possible to win it at 44 but not easily or without some serious luck (Thanaton has a 5k+ damage spell, but depending on when he uses it...). I doubt anyone gets it on their first try. I expect this quest to get nerfed at some point.

That said if anyone does do well on this one, I would like too hear HOW they did it and not empty bragging crap. Maybe some trick we are all missing.

Chiming in here to say I came to the forums looking for advice on this ridiculous mission. I decided that it was pretty much in keeping with the difficulty ramp up of Voss, which says it's level appropriate but which plays as though the whole place is a HEROIC 2+

Coming off of Belsavis which was my favorite planet so far in the entire game, it was a real bummer to have every enemy be a silver boss fight, even when you're just walking down the stupid road to the stupid town, backtracking for the 5th stupid time.

For those of you who are so awesome at video games that you didn't break a sweat and never died in pvp ever and never even had to use your buttons to kill the whole planet just clicking your basic attack - if we make a thread about how amazing you are, will you keep your unhelpful self-aggrandizement out of threads discussing genuine and annoying difficulty spikes?

Was having so much trouble with this quest, it made me stop playing my main for a while because of how frustrated I was getting.

I'm a big LoL player, and saw a video of a member of the LoL community doing this quest. He was an Assassin, not sure what spec, but he did the whole thing with Thanos, having a little trouble at first with Zash and Thanaton but still able to do it without dying once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTNjKwTNtak

Video for those who want to see it.

Anyways, I'm playing a Sorcerer so I wasn't sure how it would work for myself, but I was able to breeze through Zash and get Thanaton on the second try with like 50% health left.

I'm level 43, hybrid Lightning/Madness spec. Turned everything off on Talos but the heals and cast his Carbonized Stream yourself as another interrupt. Didn't have any gear for Thanos (still had his original stuff from leaving Hoth) but I had Andronikos geared with level 39-41 greens and blues. Just gave Talos his gear and it worked fine.

My strategy was to shield myself up first and wait for the Deionized debuff to wear off before going in so I could double shield myself in the beginning. General rotation was Death Field>Affliction>Force Lightning until Wrath proc>Crushing Darkness>Force Lightning until Wrath proc>Chain Lightning. Rinse and repeat.

Against Zash the only thing I ever bothered to interrupt was Chain Lightning. Talos was easily keeping up with her Force Lightning damage, and I could just run away from Force Storm every time. Could have maybe interrupted her heals to make the fight quicker, but it was easy enough to just muscle through her heals and interrupt her biggest damage spell. Definitely make sure you stay away from Talos though! Keep your distance from him so he won't ever be hit by her Force Storm. He will drop quickly and having to shield or heal him is just wasting your force and potential damage on Zash.

I failed this fight every time with other companions. Khem was getting destroyed by her damage, and I couldn't keep him alive and put enough damage on her at the same time. Andronikos and Ashara weren't doing enough damage on their own, and I was running out of force trying to keep myself alive against her.

Darth Thanaton was harder, but still very doable. If you miss an interrupt against Thanaton you will basically die. The guaranteed crit on Thundering Blast if he's Afflicted you TRUCKS your life, and even his Lightning Strike will really put the hurt on you. My first try against Thanaton I was at like 1/3 hp and missed the interrupt on his Thundering Blast and died. Same strategy as Zash though. Basically every time you see him casting anything use whatever interrupt you have. As a hybrid spec Sorcerer you have Jolt, Overload, Electrocute, and Whirlwind plus you have have Carbonized Stream from Talos available to you so as long as you pay close attention you should be totally okay. The only spell you should ignore is Force Storm. There is no need to waste an interrupt on it because you can just move out of its range every time. If anything whenever Zash or Thanaton cast Force Storm you should just treat it as a few seconds of free damage on them because they will just channel it whether or not you are in range.

I was level 43! Below the quest level, and finally got through it with this strategy.

Really hope it helps anybody else having trouble with this quest. I think I'm going to start to use Talos from now too!

tldr:

Talos is DEFINITELY who you want to use this quest.

Turn off everything but his heals. Anytime he spends shooting is less time he spends keeping you healthy.

Death Field > Affliction > Force Lightning until Wrath > Crushing Darkness > Force Lightning until Wrath > Chain Lightning as a hybrid Lightning/Madness sorcerer. Obviously cast Static Barrier every time.

Don't bother interrupting Force Storm on Zash or Thanaton. Just run away from it. Save your interrupts for more important spells (especially Thundering Blast from Thanaton).

The meat of that post will probably only really help Sorcerer players, but hopefully any Assassin having trouble can get some insight from the video I posted.

tldr:

Talos is DEFINITELY who you want to use this quest.

Turn off everything but his heals. Anytime he spends shooting is less time he spends keeping you healthy.

Death Field > Affliction > Force Lightning until Wrath > Crushing Darkness > Force Lightning until Wrath > Chain Lightning as a hybrid Lightning/Madness sorcerer. Obviously cast Static Barrier every time.

Don't bother interrupting Force Storm on Zash or Thanaton. Just run away from it. Save your interrupts for more important spells (especially Thundering Blast from Thanaton).

The meat of that post will probably only really help Sorcerer players, but hopefully any Assassin having trouble can get some insight from the video I posted.

I was the right level when I did this on my Sorc which seems like the same build and I did find it quite easy using the same kind of tactics as you, but I think other types of SI have many more problems as they don't have the kind of damage output we do, so they have to do just as much to stay alive but they have to do it over a much longer period.

That said I was never bothered about interrupting any power aside from Lightning Storms and Affliction Fields, I found Thunderous Blast from Thanaton not so powerful.

Talos is definitely the go-to man though, if you have to then kite like mad and he will get you back to full health while you do.

This is without a doubt the hardest quest after the end of Act I. So the good news is once you're over it, you're probably fine through the end. It is doable down multiple levels, but not by using what I'd consider to be "normal" tactics.

For heal-spec, the key is to bring Khem and med-units, not medpaks. Also clear any of the "trash" in the instance - I know it's annoyingly tough trash in this quest, and it has a habit of respawning when you die, but do it anyhow.

Time is the healer's friend, and the toughest boss doesn't heal nearly as much in this quest as they did in their earlier appearance. That means you're the only healer that matters here.

Those med-units will resurrect Khem once every 90 seconds, and when Khem is down you can run all over the instance - there's tons of obstacles to keep the boss from attacking you. Your bubble and Resurgence means you can actually net positive health while fleeing ... err, using tactical cover. Stall for time until the medunit can bring Khem back. Don't forget your aggro dump when you want to switch the boss back to Khem.

Of course, like any boss fight, you should be interrupting the abilities that cause you the most grief. Apart from the awesome Jolt, Electrocute interrupts as well - and Overload might, I don't remember if this boss is immune. You can even get a bonus Electrocute every couple of minutes with the Channel the Force cooldown.

Edited by Kholvan

Just did this at the weekend as a level 45 darkness/madness assassin, dying once to Thanaton. Yes, it is difficult. No, it is not impossible. I didn't LOS him or Zash at any point but I did make a point of not standing in the AoE and making good use of my interrupts, medpacks, Force Shroud... basically, know your toolkit and use it.

Personally, I like a game where you can't always faceroll to victory :)