Merc IO for PVP

BonnerFett

Hey all,

I'm really digging IO for PVP. The burst setups are pretty cool and the spec is fun. I have the 6 piece of Continus Fire and the Magentized Sharpnel tac. I'm looking to get better at it. Looking for tips on stats (is an alacrity heavy build good?) Augs./Amps. and any other tips that would help me.

Thanks in advance.

tier 2 alac (1.3s gcd) is the way to go. stack crit/mastery after that

you're also better off running the dot refresh on sweeping blasters/DFA tac. once you learn how to integrate it into your playstyle, your dps will skyrocket. it is the strongest tac for IO

I can see how this tactical would definitely help your AOE damage. Does it also help your single target? I'm guessing because its easier to keep your dots up that it would,

I can see how this tactical would definitely help your AOE damage. Does it also help your single target? I'm guessing because its easier to keep your dots up that it would,

it actually ends up helping single target as well because you're not having to reapply dots that have a low initial hit damage

you're also better off running the dot refresh on sweeping blasters/DFA tac. once you learn how to integrate it into your playstyle, your dps will skyrocket. it is the strongest tac for IO

i play io also this 6.0 and so far i have the other 2 tactical ( the magnetized sharpnel and burn extension forget the name)

i saw this one and i thought it is quite weak but i havent purchase it yet and even think this is good but you said it is

how are you going to apply this on rotation say you already put dots on 2-3 people , you wait until it near fall off and reapply DFA and sweeping blaster ?

do you also use it on single target to refresh the dot ?

it actually ends up helping single target as well because you're not having to reapply dots that have a low initial hit damage

I bought the tactical. It's good. Not getting great results. Got any info on how to make it work?

On the flip side I got the Priming Shot tactical. It is amazing. Arsenal is easier for the same results.

What are your thoughts? Appreciate the feedback.

I bought the tactical. It's good. Not getting great results. Got any info on how to make it work?

On the flip side I got the Priming Shot tactical. It is amazing. Arsenal is easier for the same results.

both primed ignition and bright burn tactical is good

primed for sustain because you get yellow damage on top of white damage when you hit priming shot

birght burn for burst damage

thermo nuclear is for aoe hits

power cycle is for double mezz and maybe 2x fusion missle -- idont use it

so each have its own different playstyle, for me i swicth the tactical every now and then in warzone for variation and its fun

Edited by KumbayaGOD

i run B.I.S 306 crit/power with I.O.

Been playing Merc pyro since 1.0 so i know my way around the spec heat management wise. Also on how to effectively spread and replenish DOTs on multiple targets.

My best advice is to run the energised charges tactical (supercharged burn increase) with 6 piece concentrated Fire. You'll have 55% crit most of the time with the passive buff pop and you'll have supercharged gas up every 20 seconds for your tactical.

The key with this set up is to keep your explosive dart for player bundles. Voidstar door, follow Hutball, aldreraan/hypergate/Novra coast nodes.

Chose your target in a mass of players:-

.Use rapid shots to land your CGS, mag shot to trigger insta serrated shot.

.Then hit incendiary and then explosive dart.

.Trigger power surge on fusion missile to spread the love.

.Youll have about 4-6 player dott'ed if your lucky.

Then trigger supercharged Gas and the tactical quickly give you 20k+ tics if it crits.

.Supercharged gas also give you a crit on next mag so then use sweeping blasters to re-set the CD of mag

use that to drop someone sub 30% and spam sweeping blasters with a well placed thermal sensor overide to manage heat.

re-apply DOTS and repeat this as much as you can.

Its this basically, rinse and repeat. Avoid 1v1's if you want big numbers. Dont run this spec for ranked as its too quick to be effective and the best players quickly remove the dots

Play it consistently and be patient, ignore tracer spam monkeys on the scoreboard for now, once your good youll well exceed Arsenal's overall numbers.

BELOW IS PROOF

q9LgGbc.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/qhA0dDZ

https://imgur.com/a/ZY5c0bz

https://imgur.com/a/zPxzkUr

Edited by -Ashton-

i run B.I.S 306 crit/power with I.O.

Been playing Merc pyro since 1.0 so i know my way around the spec heat management wise. Also on how to effectively spread and replenish DOTs on multiple targets.

My best advice is to run the energised charges tactical (supercharged burn increase) with 6 piece concentrated Fire. You'll have 55% crit most of the time with the passive buff pop and you'll have supercharged gas up every 20 seconds for your tactical.

The key with this set up is to keep your explosive dart for player bundles. Voidstar door, follow Hutball, aldreraan/hypergate/Novra coast nodes.

Chose your target in a mass of players:-

.Use rapid shots to land your CGS, mag shot to trigger insta serrated shot.

.Then hit incendiary and then explosive dart.

.Trigger power surge on fusion missile to spread the love.

.Youll have about 4-6 player dott'ed if your lucky.

Then trigger supercharged Gas and the tactical quickly give you 20k+ tics if it crits.

.Supercharged gas also give you a crit on next mag so then use sweeping blasters to re-set the CD of mag

use that to drop someone sub 30% and spam sweeping blasters with a well placed thermal sensor overide to manage heat.

re-apply DOTS and repeat this as much as you can.

Its this basically, rinse and repeat. Avoid 1v1's if you want big numbers. Dont run this spec for ranked as its too quick to be effective and the best players quickly remove the dots

Play it consistently and be patient, ignore tracer spam monkeys on the scoreboard for now, once your good youll well exceed Arsenal's overall numbers.

BELOW IS PROOF

q9LgGbc.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/qhA0dDZ

https://imgur.com/a/ZY5c0bz

https://imgur.com/a/zPxzkUr

Thank you for the info. Impressive numbers, no doubt. Looks like you answered my question. I was trying to make IO work in ranked arenas. I was hoping that the 6 piece and Magnetized Shrapnel tac would give it some burst... Seems like Arsenal maybe the way to go for arenas. Would love top see if anybody is having success with IO in arena play.

I use this for burst.

Edited by Aetideus

honestly, I'm still learning how to use it right. You need to track dots well and ignore your insta cast on power shot/serrated. save it to be used on power shot to pop your thermal det while mag is on cd

It seriously changes the IO rotation and you kinda have to relearn it. I will report back with more info when i've gotten better with it

also, priming shot tac is my choice for arsenal for sure. most consistent one for the spec imo

Edited by PhatMcMuffins

honestly, I'm still learning how to use it right. You need to track dots well and ignore your insta cast on power shot/serrated. save it to be used on power shot to pop your thermal det while mag is on cd

It seriously changes the IO rotation and you kinda have to relearn it. I will report back with more info when i've gotten better with it

also, priming shot tac is my choice for arsenal for sure. most consistent one for the spec imo

You can pop mag shot by activating the AoE.

Thanks. Looking to see if IO can be used in ranked play.

does the tact actually refresh DOT's on all targets effected by your serrated bleed and incendiary? or simply just the targets hit by the sweeping blaster /DfA ?

or even better, do ALL dots simply refresh whenever the skills are used?

i used it but wasnt impressed by the numbers, assumed it was only target with dots that your aoe's hit

does the tact actually refresh DOT's on all targets effected by your serrated bleed and incendiary? or simply just the targets hit by the sweeping blaster /DfA ?

i used it but wasnt impressed by the numbers, assumed it was only target with dots that your aoe's hit

i bought that tactical upon looking at this thread but havent tried it , at first i thought that tactical was garbage but since alan here told it is the best tac i will give it a shot

but at a glance i think sweeping blaster only refresh on the enemies effected already by dots but if you are not in aoe sweeping blaster the dots wont be refresh ( correct me if i am wrong)

so the way i see it , maybe the usage would be you put the dots and before the dots fall off you do sweeping blaster to refresh it , that is what i am thinking

you have to hit them with the aoe. would be OP otherwise.

they must be dotted already. so you do your normal apply and spread but you never have to reapply and spread if you play it right and positioning is in your favor.

you have to hit them with the aoe. would be OP otherwise.

they must be dotted already. so you do your normal apply and spread but you never have to reapply and spread if you play it right and positioning is in your favor.

Been testing this for a week now and this is the best i can do in normals. Its the top tactical for voidstar and novara without doubt

https://i.imgur.com/4CcItMS.jpg