[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh the conspiracy theories, BIOWARE is hoping we won't notice the problem or that we will notice and not say anything about it, get tired and drop the subject completely...riiight.

Has it crossed your mind that this particular problem is maybe difficult to solve and that it takes time?

Or maybe you are a game programmer and have a magical solution to offer to the developer team that will fix the issue in a matter of hours?

Has it crossed your mind that the game is at retail missing an entire set of the highest graphics options?

This isn't beta any more. Bugs are one thing, the game's entire visual package is no small "eh, we'll fix it in post" matter.

Edited by Unruhe

If the reason they are taking 2 days to 'get back to us' is because they are trying to attach this to the patch that didn't go through this morning, then I'd be very impressed. I think that is very wishful thinking, though.

Wouldn't this be a wonderful surprise? I highly doubt it, though.

Ive got the fix right here

"Enable_High_Resolution_Textures = True"

Tada!

(Just joking but in some sense its probably simple. Ive done enough games to know that it really depends. In theory it should be as simple as picking the high res texutre option in the .ini, as thats how it was initially set up. In practice? Somewhere somehow they broke them.)

Take a screenshot of your game, with you away from conversation/holoterminal, and zoomed relatively close to your character.

You'll have to forgive the tone of myself and others in here, but every single person that says they have high rez working either won't post a screenshot, or will post a screenshot and then prove themselves wrong in the process.

Because there are no high res textures. They worked for half a day in beta build 2 or 3 but it caused horendous problems for some users so they took them out again

Has it crossed your mind that the game is at retail missing an entire set of the highest graphics options?

This isn't beta any more. Bugs are one thing, the game's entire visual package is no small "eh, we'll fix it in post" matter.

ive actually been wondering about this one myself...

how many discs did you guys get with your retail copies?

my friend bought CE and he got one, while i bought the regular one and i got three DVDs ...what gives?

I've been "dissatisfied" with the lack of high res textures myself, but seriously guys? There's no need to be blatantly disrespectful to those who are working hard to try and make the game everything you'd like it to be.

If you play this game solely for the PRETTY COLORS AND PICTURES then please, by all means /quit already because that's ridiculous. There are so many other legitimate problem threads on this forum that seriously interrupt or completely halt advancement in the game and you're flailing around because your shadows are a little jagged or your two-tone helmet isn't crisply defined?

Oh what a world we live in. Grow some patient balls and quiet down already. The game is new, it's Bioware's first MMO, people are so spoiled these days when it comes to gaming that their expectations completely override logic anymore.

And like I said, I'd like my high res textures and AA as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to crap my pants and cry over it either.

You know, I don't know why I even read the forums anymore. Actually, I don't even know why I sometimes respond even. But you people just drive me up a wall with your entitlement issues. Take your 14.99 somewhere else and go buy some tampons.

Ive got the fix right here

"Enable_High_Resolution_Textures = True"

Tada!

(Just joking but in some sense its probably simple. Ive done enough games to know that it really depends. In theory it should be as simple as picking the high res texutre option in the .ini, as thats how it was initially set up. In practice? Somewhere somehow they broke them.)

Simplt put. They ripped them out after 1 day in beta build 2 or so cant remember. They dont render now outside of cutscenes. The armor textures are terrible those never render

The option and the functionality were actively disabled... proof being the removal of the medium settings on test and the fact that they stopped working on the games release... The engine own support site lists this as an issue that was patched. But SWTOR is a modified version so it cant be patched.

I've been "dissatisfied" with the lack of high res textures myself, but seriously guys? There's no need to be blatantly disrespectful to those who are working hard to try and make the game everything you'd like it to be.

If you play this game solely for the PRETTY COLORS AND PICTURES then please, by all means /quit already because that's ridiculous. There are so many other legitimate problem threads on this forum that seriously interrupt or completely halt advancement in the game and you're flailing around because your shadows are a little jagged or your two-tone helmet isn't crisply defined?

Oh what a world we live in. Grow some patient balls and quiet down already. The game is new, it's Bioware's first MMO, people are so spoiled these days when it comes to gaming that their expectations completely override logic anymore.

And like I said, I'd like my high res textures and AA as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to crap my pants and cry over it either.

You know, I don't know why I even read the forums anymore. Actually, I don't even know why I sometimes respond even. But you people just drive me up a wall with your entitlement issues. Take your 14.99 somewhere else and go buy some tampons.

/clap

marry me

:)

also:

http://i40.tinypic.com/169jfpx.jpg

looks good enough to me, im staying

Edited by LaVolpex

You know guys, maybe we are being a bit unrealistic actually expecting SR to give us an update. Maybe he forgot!

He will give us the update once the developers and programmers give him the exact same update, not a minute before that, because SR himself has absolutely no idea how to fix this because solving this particular issue is not in his job description as a community manager.

Very constructive! And you proved that you are really a tough talker! As others have mentioned, all the AOC and WAR fanbois who told people to '/quit already' are rather regretful these days...

Yes seriously. Have you see the screenshots advertising the game? Looks like High resolution pictures to me, and thats a little dishonest when the product I recieve has textures that look muddly/blurry or frankly horrible in a lot of cases.

Cusotmers complaining that a product doesnt look or appear as advertised? God forbid.

WHy dont you go back to Russia or whatever country supresses their citizens rights to a quality service and product.

He will give us the update once the developers and programmers give him the exact same update, not a minute before that, because SR himself has absolutely no idea how to fix this because solving this particular issue is not in his job description as a community manager.

You honestly believe that for 2 days SR has been roaming the Bioware offices asking programmers for info on this, and no one will answer him?

The expectations are based on official preview videos and screenshots.

Illogical is that what's in the box is not what's on the box.

Oh it's ok everyone does it when was the last time your big mac looked like on the poster - NO!

You honestly believe that for 2 days SR has been roaming the Bioware offices asking programmers for info on this, and no one will answer him?

He siad he will answer so he will answer. Just calm down and wait.

While I HATE the texutres right now, I understand he probably has other things on his plate as well. He said today, and today isnt over yet.

I doubt that he was roaming the offices in search for a response on this matter, i agree with you there.

But still until they let let him know what is the issue about and how long it will take for it to be fixed in order to work properly we will be in the dark as well.

This is most likely a major issue that cannot be solved just be rewriting a few lines of the code.

You don't get to dictate what's important for others gameplay enjoyment. Telling them to /quit because they have an issue with something meaningless to you is ridiculous. And "entitlement issues"? It's a bug, and it needs to be fixed. Many people don't have an issue with ability delay, also a confirmed bug. Does that mean those who do have issues just have "entitlement issues"?

He siad he will answer so he will answer. Just calm down and wait.

While I HATE the texutres right now, I understand he probably has other things on his plate as well. He said today, and today isnt over yet.

WHAT does he have on his plate? He's the Community Manager and he had 3 posts in the last 2 days... way to manage your community

Edited by daMarek

70 pages of disatisfied customers kind of disagrees with your statement. Very few fanbois even attempt to defend this low ground. Its 2012 100 million dollars and a premium subscription on top of outrageously over priced 150$ CE and TOR extras like 300$ keyboards and mouse set and they release a client that does not have high res textures or anti aliasing? Come on even you have to see this product does not resemble its screens they marketed off of