Alternate Strat -- Athiss Beast of Vodal Kressh (55)

Youtube:

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/battyone/c/2281418

A few things to note:

1 -- The mini-pets from Bioanalysis and Salvaging allow you to hit your Heroic Moment for this fight. This allows you to use your Legacy Heroic Moment skills, and provides a passive HP regen. I suggest hitting it at the start of the fight since they will die with the first AoE. (This is the less important part of this video)

2 -- You can pull the beast into the hallway leading into the temple behind him. The tank stands in the corner and the DPS stands against the little jut out of the wall going down the hallway. This will allow you to have more time between the AoE scream/pound damage and the adds being in the group. It is extremely important that you do not go down the hall, this will lead to you getting pushed past the red forcefield into the Bat room and your group will probably wipe. Against the wall will prevent you from getting knocked around with the AoE KB.

These two things combined turn a rather annoying fight into a completely trivial one.

Edited by Battyone

interesting but i had the same result with the two corners of the gate, exactly like during bonus boss fight. this can make things easy for unexperienced players with positioning problems. the add remain an issue if not correctly treated, wall or non wall.

the heroic moment is a good idea.

interesting but i had the same result with the two corners of the gate, exactly like during bonus boss fight. this can make things easy for unexperienced players with positioning problems. the add remain an issue if not correctly treated, wall or non wall.

the heroic moment is a good idea.

This is significantly easier than most of the PuG runs I've had to heal on my server. For organized groups this is mostly worthless (you should be downing it easily anyway), but I'd love to see this more widespread among people who stand on the edge and get knocked off, or otherwise make the fight harder than it needs to be (not picking up dogs for example.)

The heroic moment thing is quite awesome, for so many reasons. I am almost 100% sure it's unintended but it also works in Cad with the dog you can release there with Bioanalysis...

We pulled him down into the hallway the other day; I was on my gunslinger at the time. The Tank didn't have to keep moving back after getting thrown, and the adds were easier to pick up (Damage & Heals stood at the top of the steps) and kill quickly.

But... I never felt like this fight was hard, to begin with. I still prefer just put my back to the wall outside on my Tank, and move back into place when thrown. /shrug

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a few tanks who insisted on pulling the Beast back to the pond you go through on your way to the boss. This apparently will prevent the adds from spawning, but as a healer I found that it only made things more difficult. The tank kept getting knocked around all over the place and I was constantly losing LOS because of all the trees in the area.

I've never seen him tanked into the hallway, but the fight isn't that difficult out in the courtyard as long as the tank has his back to the wall and the adds are dealt with quickly.