Star Wars: Attack Squadron

Beniboybling

Something that caught my eye, Disney have announced a new Star Wars game called Attack Squadron:

Get ready to pilot -- and make some special modifications to -- some of the most famous starships in the galaxy. Disney Interactive announced today the first details for the upcoming online game Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, and has invited fans to sign up for a chance to join the action during beta tests in the new year.

The new title is a free-to-play, open web, space combat game offering an intense multiplayer battle experience where players can customize and tune popular Star Wars ships, including the Rebel Alliance's X-wing fighter or the Empire's TIE Interceptor. In Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, players will enter exciting dogfighting action with up to 16 players at a time as they maneuver through iconic Star Wars locations. Future ships, environments, and game details will be announced in the coming weeks.

Click here to the read the full article, watch the trailer and sign up for beta.

Looks pretty intriguing if you ask me, and will probably give Galactic Starfighter a run for its money... which I have yet to give a go, has anyone else? Is it any good?

Is this what you were looking for Sel? See if that works.

So I'm all signed up and got the email saying they'll notify me if I get in. Now we wait...

Not quite, when I get to that page, there's a "Join the Beta!" button. I can click on it once, after that I can't. When I look at the bottom left of my screen, where it tells you what the link will take you to, it says:

JavaScriptvoid:(0);

So basically, can anyone give me the link to the specific sign up page :p Like, yadayada.org/Sign_Up

Not quite, when I get to that page, there's a "Join the Beta!" button. I can click on it once, after that I can't. When I look at the bottom left of my screen, where it tells you what the link will take you to, it says:

JavaScriptvoid:(0);

So basically, can anyone give me the link to the specific sign up page :p Like, yadayada.org/Sign_Up

Try again. It was doing that for me to, but somehow it worked somewhere in there. I figure the button wasn't working because of heavy site traffic (I imagine lots of people were trying to sign up for the beta too).

Something that caught my eye, Disney have announced a new Star Wars game called Attack Squadron:

Get ready to pilot -- and make some special modifications to -- some of the most famous starships in the galaxy. Disney Interactive announced today the first details for the upcoming online game Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, and has invited fans to sign up for a chance to join the action during beta tests in the new year.

The new title is a free-to-play, open web, space combat game offering an intense multiplayer battle experience where players can customize and tune popular Star Wars ships, including the Rebel Alliance's X-wing fighter or the Empire's TIE Interceptor. In Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, players will enter exciting dogfighting action with up to 16 players at a time as they maneuver through iconic Star Wars locations. Future ships, environments, and game details will be announced in the coming weeks.

Click here to the read the full article, watch the trailer and sign up for beta.

Looks pretty intriguing if you ask me, and will probably give Galactic Starfighter a run for its money... which I have yet to give a go, has anyone else? Is it any good?

GSF is quite fun if you ask me, espestually if you are playing a dog-fighting equiped scout (I prefer to run a Sting with light laser cannons with almost instant regenerating directional shields. Very good for making glancing blows and recoveries a snitch)

GSF is quite fun if you ask me, espestually if you are playing a dog-fighting equiped scout (I prefer to run a Sting with light laser cannons with almost instant regenerating directional shields. Very good for making glancing blows and recoveries a snitch)

I just orbit-camp sats with my max-health GS.

Also, how is Attack Squadron not exactly the same game as GSF (which is bloody fun, by the way) bsed on the sales pitch?

have you played SWAS? how about instead of getting defensive about something you know nothing about. You do some research, or beta testing.

honestly id like to know the control mechanics because while GSF is fun. i think the control mechanics were a poor choice to go with.

have you played SWAS? how about instead of getting defensive about something you know nothing about. You do some research, or beta testing.

honestly id like to know the control mechanics because while GSF is fun. i think the control mechanics were a poor choice to go with.

Lol, he is making a relevant inquiry, the only person getting defense if yourself.

One has to admit it does seem intially quite similar at least in concept to the GSF.

The difference, its free!